Raspberry Pi 3 + Programming

HighValayrian

Reaction score
hey guys!

i always had an interest in IT and things like Raspberry Pi. Recently i started pursuing some coding and programming, and i bought a Raspberry Pi 3 model B so that i can apply it to daily life as i have some ideas on integrating it into daily life(automated home, IoT, Etc).

I realized that i get stuck very often and learning coding does not help the fact that it doesn't really teach me how to apply it to practical use. there are a lot of blank spaces in between where i get lost and frustrated when i dont know what to do.

Can anyone recommend me how i can better learn coding and programming or a introduction to IT? or is there anyone out there who is passionate enough to pass on their knowledge and help out by teaching me?

all advice and tips are hugely appreciated.

davidktw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey guys!

i always had an interest in IT and things like Raspberry Pi. Recently i started pursuing some coding and programming, and i bought a Raspberry Pi 3 model B so that i can apply it to daily life as i have some ideas on integrating it into daily life(automated home, IoT, Etc).

I realized that i get stuck very often and learning coding does not help the fact that it doesn't really teach me how to apply it to practical use. there are a lot of blank spaces in between where i get lost and frustrated when i dont know what to do.

Can anyone recommend me how i can better learn coding and programming or a introduction to IT? or is there anyone out there who is passionate enough to pass on their knowledge and help out by teaching me?

all advice and tips are hugely appreciated.

Well indeed, learning just programmig doesn't makes you a programmer. That is why so often, for example, when we find newbies discussions about which programming language they should start when picking up computing is heading for the wrong direction. Programming language is just one of the many tools in the realm of computing. What you want to learn is Computing 101 and the multitude technological disciplines.

That includes more things like understanding the machine and its architecture, understanding technologies on communication, storage, design concepts and patterns, the mathematical concepts and science behind them. Sometimes you may even stretch into some electrical and engineering concepts and deep mathematics, sciences like biology and physics just to get a broader understanding of the issue as well as possibilities.

If you are not equipped with the discipline of Computer Science, i will encourage you to take up a course on it. if you have any idea in mind, just freely post them in this forum and you will find people answering them if they have anything to advise you.

It is a lifelong process that you are boarding in problem solving. I don't engage one-to-one, so you post them in this forum and I will share with you things I know, or I can show you some directions how you can achieve some of them or read from where. Be prepared to do lots of reading and research. The fun in software design is not just getting the results, but also the learning process and the moment of eureka! Have fun and have passion :)

For RasperryPI, you will want to learn about Linux. You may also want to learn about some electrical stuffs if you plan to integrate with electronic devices. You will want to also learn AWS for there are IoT services which allow u to manage raspberry remotely and also gives you a wider research into the cloud space of IoT.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.