wifi for USA

gumbokins

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi everybordy

any recommendations for wifi for USA? Changi Recommends one is 500 MB and would cost $200+ for 15 days

dilphinus

Banned
Reaction score
I bought the Starhub prepaid. Had network in the bigger cities.

30 days - 1.2GB for S$10
30 days - 2.4GB for S$15
30 days - 3.6GB for S$20

Last edited:

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi everybordy

any recommendations for wifi for USA? Changi Recommends one is 500 MB and would cost $200+ for 15 days

This?
https://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/pay-as-you-go

https://www.lifewire.com/atts-cell-phone-gophone-pay-as-you-go-577090

Last edited:

invisible999

Master Member
Reaction score
Starhub prepaid data roam. Works on 4G speeds in US and does not send traffic to Singapore - not much delay.

gumbokins

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought the Starhub prepaid. Had network in the bigger cities.

30 days - 1.2GB for S$10
30 days - 2.4GB for S$15
30 days - 3.6GB for S$20

this is 3.6 gb per day or ? i can go through 800mb-1gb per day haha. my trip is for 2 weeks.

noelnoel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi everybordy

500mb is not the limit ya? They switch to a slower network after you exceed that amount, which I think is still workable for normal use.

gumbokins

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Probably 30 days. Wow, 1gb per day, what you use it for?

Sent from Sent from ME using GAGT

facebook insta google everything like mad lol think also icloud

500mb is not the limit ya? They switch to a slower network after you exceed that amount, which I think is still workable for normal use.

am very impatient leh lol also paying that price to be slowed down, not worth...

found an US sim on qoo10, 30 days unlimited $50. that sounds more appealing to me

sendtolee

Reaction score
facebook insta google everything like mad lol think also icloud

am very impatient leh lol also paying that price to be slowed down, not worth...

found an US sim on qoo10, 30 days unlimited $50. that sounds more appealing to me

Unlimited...haha...it is throttled download speeds in the States.

purplewave

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
get a at&t sim card for 30 days, USD45 if i didn't remember wrongly. good amount data and unlimited call minutes

gumbokins

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
network? little coverage unlimited also not much use

T mobile or Ultra (?), i checked their coverage map, the areas I am at are covered. in theory lah huh...

Unlimited...haha...it is throttled download speeds in the States.

I also suspicious about the "unlimited" so will comb through the reviews

get a at&t sim card for 30 days, USD45 if i didn't remember wrongly. good amount data and unlimited call minutes

OK will check. Trip in Dec so got time to research. but the qoo10 sim card is also 30 days and S$40 so is cheaper if same2.

invisible999

Master Member
Reaction score
Never understood people who need 1GB a day when travelling. The purpose of travel is to go and see places, talk to people, get detached, not get be sticked at phone 24/7. Otherwise, one can simply stay where he/she is and go to malls on weekends.

On subj - T-mobile sells unlimited data SIM at their stores for US $30-$35, don't remember exactly. But one needs to read 'fair usage T/C' about term 'unlimited'.

gumbokins

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In USA, free wifi is everywhere. If you are not the type need to be on internet at anytime of the day. You dont really need it. Stay there 1 month before. Never use any data plan.

that's what I was thinking also. in the hotel room, hopefully at the mall. but we r going somewhere quite ulu with long drives, nothingness...worse case can play my Angry Birds. Walmart got wifi or not?

gumbokins

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Never understood people who need 1GB a day when travelling. The purpose of travel is to go and see places, talk to people, get detached, not get be sticked at phone 24/7. Otherwise, one can simply stay where he/she is and go to malls on weekends.

On subj - T-mobile sells unlimited data SIM at their stores for US $30-$35, don't remember exactly. But one needs to read 'fair usage T/C' about term 'unlimited'.

eh thanks for the counsel and thanks for the info :s22:

sendtolee

Reaction score
that's what I was thinking also. in the hotel room, hopefully at the mall. but we r going somewhere quite ulu with long drives, nothingness...worse case can play my Angry Birds. Walmart got wifi or not?

If you are in ulu plces, then weak mobile signals....so what's the use of unlimited wifi?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.