Wireless Bluetooth Headphones Recommendations

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just got sennheiser momentum wireless 2.0 over-the-ear headphone during the IT show.
To pair it up with my PC which does not has any BT, i bought a Bluetooth Dongle. However it turns out that the bluetooth dongle cannot pair up with the headphone. (It is working fine pairing to my mobile phone.)

This coul be due to the fact that
1) the BT dongle/adapter might be a pure receiver, might not have transmitter function.
2) the BT dongle does not support the required BT profile such A2DP, HSP, HFP AVRCP and DIP.

Anybody has any ideas how to make things work with my newly bought BT dongle ?

If not, has anyone here bought a BT dongle which works with wireless headphone ?? (Particularly Sennheiser Momentum Wireless 2.0)

Many thanks guy !

Go to aliexpress buy Bluetooth csr dongle for around 3sgd. I bought from there and works perfectly fine with my momentum in ear wireless.

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

stillgottheblues

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How does the Sony 1000x ANC works? It blocked out noise but when someone is very close to me, I can hear the other party's voice. I can hear the sound of I snap my fingers. Other than that it blocked out all noise.

Is this correct?

shadow_allan

Reaction score
Plantronics BackBeat Pro 2

Anyone has this headphones?

how is it after a while / few months of use?

I see the general complain is the Noise Cancelling is not that effective.
Please share your experience.

cracker

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone has this headphones?

how is it after a while / few months of use?

I see the general complain is the Noise Cancelling is not that effective.
Please share your experience.

Hi,
I have been using this unit since Jan this year.
Let's call it PBP2 for short.

It was more than $200 cheaper than Bose QC 35 when I bought it.
The other 2 competitors will be Sony MDR-1000x and Sennheisser PXC 550; I only saw these 2 units around Mar or Apr but they were being retailed at around $550 and $590 respectively..

In term of Noise Cancelling, I will say it will lose out to the above 3 units. Sound wise, I will prefer the PB2 to that of Bose. if compares with PXC 550, PB2 might lose out abit in term of the mid-range; I had only tested the 1000x once.. so cant really make a good judgement call on its audio quality. But do note the PB2 can be abit boomy which some pple may not like it. At the end of the day, different pple have different taste or audio preference.

My playback device is either the Iphone 7+ or an ipad. Very happy with the audio quality and as for the Noise cancelling.... I will say it is ranked below the above 3 units but acceptable when used onboard an plane.... then again it is all about how much you are willing to spend on such gadget.

Just my 2 cts worth of comments.

Cheers !

shadow_allan

Reaction score
Hi,
I have been using this unit since Jan this year.
Let's call it PBP2 for short.

It was more than $200 cheaper than Bose QC 35 when I bought it.
The other 2 competitors will be Sony MDR-1000x and Sennheisser PXC 550; I only saw these 2 units around Mar or Apr but they were being retailed at around $550 and $590 respectively..

In term of Noise Cancelling, I will say it will lose out to the above 3 units. Sound wise, I will prefer the PB2 to that of Bose. if compares with PXC 550, PB2 might lose out abit in term of the mid-range; I had only tested the 1000x once.. so cant really make a good judgement call on its audio quality. But do note the PB2 can be abit boomy which some pple may not like it. At the end of the day, different pple have different taste or audio preference.

My playback device is either the Iphone 7+ or an ipad. Very happy with the audio quality and as for the Noise cancelling.... I will say it is ranked below the above 3 units but acceptable when used onboard an plane.... then again it is all about how much you are willing to spend on such gadget.

Just my 2 cts worth of comments.

Cheers !

Wow! Thanks for this. I'll now look for a unit I can test.
I already tried the qc 35 but the sound was a bit soft for me.

I found bnew PBP2 being sold in Bugis for 259, 319 for the SE version with 2 years warranty.

My main usage will be for mrt commute on my Samsung phone

Plantronics builds looks solid. I hope it does not have that headband issue like what Sony has.

cracker

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I found bnew PBP2 being sold in Bugis for 259, 319 for the SE version with 2 years warranty.

Plantronics builds looks solid. I hope it does not have that headband issue like what Sony has.

They are not many places that has a demo set of the PBP2. I tried it at a headphone shop in JEM. You should try 1000x or its replacement as well as the PXC 550 to give yourself more options.

Prior to my current iphone 7+, I was using a samsung galaxy note edge. I had found out for the same set of earphone or headphone, the iphone 7+ can drive it better...

shadow_allan

Reaction score
They are not many places that has a demo set of the PBP2. I tried it at a headphone shop in JEM. You should try 1000x or its replacement as well as the PXC 550 to give yourself more options.

Prior to my current iphone 7+, I was using a samsung galaxy note edge. I had found out for the same set of earphone or headphone, the iphone 7+ can drive it better...

Thanks! will try to hunt for PBP2, JEM is a bit too far for me as I live in the east.

So far I only have an approved allocation for PBP2 ~$250 hehe will try to sweet talk my finance manager more to get more funding :s13:

musicsg_com

Reaction score

Yes PBP2 has audio balance favoured for modern music. The bass is wide and boomy and highs are clear. Noise cancellation is not as aggressive as Sony and Bose but it can adequately cancel those engine and transport noises. But if you want to suppress chatter and high pitch sounds like in a restaurant, then Bose and Sony is much better.

May I offer a word of caution: test the pairing with your Samsung phone before purchase. I find that Samsung Bluetooth does not work very well, the audio is not clean, highly compressed.

Here's my comparison on
  1. Bose Q35
  2. Plantronics BackBeat PRO 2
  3. Sony MDR-1000x
  4. Sennheiser PXC 550
  5. FIIL Diva
  6. Beoplay H9
http://musicphotolife.com/2017/01/best-noise-cancelling-headphones-reviewed/

Best-ANC-Headphones-Reviewed.jpg

shadow_allan

Reaction score
Yes PBP2 has audio balance favoured for modern music. The bass is wide and boomy and highs are clear. Noise cancellation is not as aggressive as Sony and Bose but it can adequately cancel those engine and transport noises. But if you want to suppress chatter and high pitch sounds like in a restaurant, then Bose and Sony is much better.

May I offer a word of caution: test the pairing with your Samsung phone before purchase. I find that Samsung Bluetooth does not work very well, the audio is not clean, highly compressed.

Here's my comparison on
  1. Bose Q35
  3. Sony MDR-1000x
  4. Sennheiser PXC 550
  5. FIIL Diva
  6. Beoplay H9

Great review! This is very helpful. I'm still torn which one to buy but trying them out will helpfully decide it for me.

Samsung phones are using BT 4.2 but the new note 8 is on BT 5.0. Hopefully that would make a difference in terms of sound quality.

musicsg_com

Reaction score
Great review! This is very helpful. I'm still torn which one to buy but trying them out will helpfully decide it for me.

Samsung phones are using BT 4.2 but the new note 8 is on BT 5.0. Hopefully that would make a difference in terms of sound quality.

Audio is subject, so these are just guides. Ultimately, go to a good headphone store to try them out before buying.

Other factors that could affect quality is the number of BT devices connected to the phone. For instance, if you wear a smartwatch, potentially it will affect the BT headphone quality too. Most phones do not have option to select BT audio quality while some DAP allows to select higher quality over performance.

blazin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Here's my comparison on
  1. Bose Q35
  3. Sony MDR-1000x
  4. Sennheiser PXC 550
  5. FIIL Diva
  6. Beoplay H9

I thought SONY 1000X have ambient modes too and also a voice/anouncement only mode?

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bose just announced the soundsport earbuds.

damn swee, 5hrs batt life.

IMG_20170923_094112.jpg

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.