Shichida, Heguru and Glenn Doman

Memphi5

Reaction score
Anyone sent their kids for any of the above courses?

If u did, do u feel that it works?

If u choose not to, is it because u researched on it and don't think it works?

Thinking whether I should send my kid for any of the courses

Arcanell

Reaction score
My girl has been attending henguru since 1+, now 4 yo but i think is still early to tell if it works.

Initally, I tired shichida which focus more on motor skills. Changed teacher twice, no good, then I left. Henguru focus more on problem solving and creativity. Most important, you must have a good tutor as she will progress together with your child. After sending your kids there, you need to do homework and practice at home (e.g. dot bar (maths)).

Memphi5

Reaction score
How do u determine if it works? I thought 2+ years already should see some sort of improvement in some areas?

Arcanell

Reaction score
Children at this age (<4 years old) is all about play and play. They still don't know what is homework (addition, flash cards.. etc). Most just follow the parents to class and go with the flow. Although early exposure may give them a head start in Kinder or Primary level. This is also where you'll find out their interest (like mine likes colouring) and their strength and weakness.

swirl360

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of sending my 2 year old to heguru but a bit sian of having to be there for the full 50mins. In the meantime I spend 15mins for each kid on Chinese, and my wife another 15mins on English everyday. Hoping it will help somewhat..

Sent from HUAWEI STF-AL10 using GAGT

blues7

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nephew attended heguru since 2-3

Stop after 12-18 maths

Heard that he reads many books per night

Maybe they teach speeding?

Watch YouTube videos and surely will see them showing children turning book pages very quickly

Nephew now k2, so far so good, everything like quite normal

He had younger brother, parents not sending 2nd son to heguru

Now both do normal activities eg drawjng and music

Arcanell

Reaction score
Actually don't expect your kids to be a genius after attending all these enrichment class. It very much depends on your kid's learning ability. Most kids at age 2+ still can't comprehend instructions thus you have to attend the class with him. At the end of every H's session, there are 2 tasks you'll need to do with your kids at home. If are still clueless on how you can teach your kids at home, you may purchase the worksheets (homework).

Pinky Sky

Reaction score
I'm starting on 28 July at the new branch oasis. They have 4 lessons trial. Will see if it is good or not..

Hoseybo

Reaction score
Send my boy shichida for 1 year. But cant tell if the course helped or its just his natural abilities.

super365

Master Member
Reaction score
Nephew attended heguru since 2-3

Stop after 12-18 maths

Heard that he reads many books per night

Maybe they teach speeding?

Watch YouTube videos and surely will see them showing children turning book pages very quickly

Nephew now k2, so far so good, everything like quite normal

He had younger brother, parents not sending 2nd son to heguru

Now both do normal activities eg drawjng and music

Nephew and younger brother any difference in performance?

Taloona

Master Member
Reaction score
Don't waste your money. What your young child needs is bonding time with you during daily routines such as bathing, feeding, diapering, play and story time.

A child needs human interactions to thrive, not enrichment classes at infant/toddler stage. Don't believe all these classes which prey on parents'fear.

So what if he develops photographic memory? Is he going to memorise train schedule for a living?

What matters most, that will make him into a decent human, is an inquisitive mind, self regulation and ability to empathise.

Self regulation will enable your child to know when he should prioritise play time and study time, when he should use words instead of fist to solve conflicts.

An inquisitive mind will set him up for a life time of discovering new things and perhaps inventing new things.

Empathy helps him to care for others. These are what I would want my child to become and this is the job of me, the parent and not any enrichment classes.

lampPC

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually don't expect your kids to be a genius after attending all these enrichment class. It very much depends on your kid's learning ability. Most kids at age 2+ still can't comprehend instructions thus you have to attend the class with him. At the end of every H's session, there are 2 tasks you'll need to do with your kids at home. If are still clueless on how you can teach your kids at home, you may purchase the worksheets (homework).

Sent my son to all these enrichment classes like Learning Lab, Heguru, Berries and CMA. Second one decided not to do all these. End up, she started speaking full sentences in English and could do multiplication up to 9x9 at 3 years old.

Genius is probably a random lottery....Good enrichment classes is for those 90/100 to bring to 99/100. If the kid is 30/100, the enrichment classes is not that effective on them. Same goes for tuition

gAryLin

Reaction score
went for 2 classes of heguru with my 1yr+ kid. Anyone want to buy over my remaining lessons?

tankahkee

Reaction score
Didn't go after the good advice shared by others in this thread. All hype. Focus on bonding.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.