Upcoming Samsung Tab S3

Jamesky

Reaction score
Firmware update usually don't bring about a significant change in battery life. As much as apps and system core are optimised each time for battery optimisation, users will still need to help themselves in maintaining the phone with the removal of unnecessary apps and to impose stringent rules on apps, such as disabling background data/notification etc...

Tab s3 can last for very Long in my own experience but you need to remove some of the unnecessary apps in order to achieve that far..

The latest update fixed the sensitivity on my fingerprint scanner. It is way better than before the update. I used to always go to the pin code as my fingerpint is not properly scanned.

Now, it is good. Happy with it.. I am also happy with the official keyboard casing that I got from Amazon for USD $64 which i ordered 2 months ago.

cypherth

Reaction score
Anyone here can help to download HDR video below and test it on your Tab S3? Seems like Tab S3 cannot support HDR color natively , the HDR color is totally washed out on Tab S3.

HDR color of Tab S3 vs LG G6
5SJRmDP.jpg

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8...FZRYlhHbzlRN2s
HDR Video

Jamesky

Reaction score
See the item 2 disclaimer on the website

* Key feature may different from Key Spec
1 Download and install SideSync 4.0 on your tablet and your Galaxy device at http://www.samsung.com/sg/support/convergence/sidesync/
Works with selected Galaxy devices only. Requires manual synchronisation and connectivity with the Galaxy devices.
2 As of Feb 2017, HDR Video playback on the Galaxy Tab S3 is available for videos streamed via Amazon Prime Video.
3 Manual download necessary from Google PlayTM .
4 Keyboard sold separately.
5 Based on Samsung's internal test results, and dependent on network, SIM card, usage, mode settings, battery condition and other surrounding factors and conditions.
6 Based on Samsung internal test results, and on Samsung’s usage standards for regular everyday use, measured when device is at rest with Adaptive Fast Charger. Estimated charging time is dependent on network, SIM card, usage, mode settings, battery condition and other surrounding factors and conditions.
Dimension: Size and weight may vary by the device's configuration and manufacturing process.

cypherth

Reaction score
See the item 2 disclaimer on the website

* Key feature may different from Key Spec
1 Download and install SideSync 4.0 on your tablet and your Galaxy device at http://www.samsung.com/sg/support/convergence/sidesync/
Works with selected Galaxy devices only. Requires manual synchronisation and connectivity with the Galaxy devices.
2 As of Feb 2017, HDR Video playback on the Galaxy Tab S3 is available for videos streamed via Amazon Prime Video.
3 Manual download necessary from Google PlayTM .
4 Keyboard sold separately.
5 Based on Samsung's internal test results, and dependent on network, SIM card, usage, mode settings, battery condition and other surrounding factors and conditions.
6 Based on Samsung internal test results, and on Samsung’s usage standards for regular everyday use, measured when device is at rest with Adaptive Fast Charger. Estimated charging time is dependent on network, SIM card, usage, mode settings, battery condition and other surrounding factors and conditions.
Dimension: Size and weight may vary by the device's configuration and manufacturing process.

But the problem is even watching video in Amazon Prime, the HDR also won't on.

alan_shearer

Reaction score
I am a new owner...

Is it true that there is no way to connect the tablet to a projector via HDMI?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am a new owner...

Is it true that there is no way to connect the tablet to a projector via HDMI?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Tab s3 itself does not support MHL. As such, it won't be able to use HDMI for a projector. However, you can use wireless connectivity to cast it on a projector if you need so.

alan_shearer

Reaction score
thanks!

wireless connectivity.....need to buy additonal accessories or install apps?

Tab s3 itself does not support MHL. As such, it won't be able to use HDMI for a projector. However, you can use wireless connectivity to cast it on a projector if you need so.

jackycar

Master Member
Reaction score
Just bought a tab s3 lte version from qoo10 for $704 INCL shipping after voucher. Cheap right?

http://www.qoo10.sg/su/414472404/Q100061110?inflow_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fqoo10sg

What slim casing is good? Prefer a soft jelly backing plus flip cover front with auto sleep

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ships from overseas so don't have.. But tablet really v hard to spoil one la a hahahaha. I have a Samsung tab pro 8.4 that is over 3 years old and it still works perfect, sold it for $215 in Carousell

I agree. Usually for tablet the first thing that up lorry is the battery... lol.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.