Lasik eye Surgery

mudxblood

Master Member
Reaction score
Why snec is not as popular here?

And anybody knows if can go for 2 lasik evaluation tests by 2 different clinics in 1 day? Will affect results?

According to most people, SNEC is more expensive as compared to the rest / private. I chose SNEC as it was recommended by my optician and others. Even those a bit more expensive, it's worth it as I don't take chances with my eyes. By the way, I only did 1 evaluation only and that's with SNEC.

wanderlustz

Reaction score
1 month post epi lasik update.
Went back to EEC for 1 month review. Still have both degree and astig in both eyes. However doctor told me that everything is normal, and that having residue degree at one month stage is normal. My eyesight will still continue to improve. Tried to ask about enhancement but got brushed off by the doctor instead as he said enhancement can only be discussed 7-8 months after surgery. Anyone has been to similar situation before? My eyesight is still very blur overall and it's hampering my daily life. I have trouble looking at my laptop and differentiating certain numbers. My full time job is starting soon which requires me to look into the computer screen
For long hours. Will my recovery be hampered if I use temporary specs? Anyone kind enough to provide some explanation? Thanks.

notorand

Reaction score
1 month post epi lasik update.
Went back to EEC for 1 month review. Still have both degree and astig in both eyes. However doctor told me that everything is normal, and that having residue degree at one month stage is normal. My eyesight will still continue to improve. Tried to ask about enhancement but got brushed off by the doctor instead as he said enhancement can only be discussed 7-8 months after surgery. Anyone has been to similar situation before? My eyesight is still very blur overall and it's hampering my daily life. I have trouble looking at my laptop and differentiating certain numbers. My full time job is starting soon which requires me to look into the computer screen
For long hours. Will my recovery be hampered if I use temporary specs? Anyone kind enough to provide some explanation? Thanks.
I think it will improve. Mine is normal lasik and post one month still have ghosting. At first i was panicky but now not so much cause i can see the improvements gradually. However, 3 months later and ghosting still exists, I will be panicky like mad

Sent from Motorola MOTO G (4) using GAGT

KnockOutSg

Reaction score
Lasik worked well for me. And yes I did it in CHINA 15 years ago by the local professor there. My vision is still perfect as of now :)

99heyho

Reaction score
According to most people, SNEC is more expensive as compared to the rest / private. I chose SNEC as it was recommended by my optician and others. Even those a bit more expensive, it's worth it as I don't take chances with my eyes. By the way, I only did 1 evaluation only and that's with SNEC.

That is not entirely true. Relex in SNEC is miles cheaper than lSC@ paragon. Which treatment did u do?

Sapphy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have a few friends who did epi lasik and experienced more time to recover. But i thought femto lasik is more commonly used in NEC ? It recovered faster as well , but why is it not recommended ?

If any of you are considering which is the best LASIK procedure to choose, I'd strongly recommend you to read this comprehensive guide on LASIK by an eye doctor in Singapore.

They have pretty much covered the advantages, disadvantages, and risk of each type of procedure very comprehensively.

Last edited:

Winry~

Master Member
Reaction score
Not too sure about the rest as my heart only wants Dr Julian Theng... hahahaha. But I do read review that Dr Harold Choi is not bad too. My post 1 week, 1 month checkup is by him anyway.
Me too. I called in July and the only available slot was 21 sept. I took half a morning or less to consider and when i called back. The only available date was the following week. I faster say yes and confirm lol

Now it's sept, getting nervous

Sent from RCP using GAGT

charcoal3256

Reaction score
SNEC relex smile

Hi

Did you do the relex smile surgery with SNEC?
Can to share how much was it and also how was the experience?

Thanks
Eric

That is not entirely true. Relex in SNEC is miles cheaper than lSC@ paragon. Which treatment did u do?

Yoyomeow

Reaction score
Hi all,
Was digging threads here for months and thanks for those sharing experiences. Before I did my surgery I was totally blank on where to start and I learnt a lot here. Decide to share my experience and provide courage to those who are still hesitating.

I did PRK + crosslinking at EEC by Dr. Julian Theng. Tomorrow will go for 1 week review by Dr. Choi. So far everything is beyond my expectation (maybe I saw too many comments on the discomfort of epi-lasik for the first few days :p ) my eye sight is not perfect yet and both eyes feel tired easily, but still functional, a bit blur and hard to focus if I stare at a thing for long, no halo no glare and no starburst.

Back to the pre-assessment, I first made appointment at SNEC but the doctor refused me because I'm still breastfeeding (frequency is quite low though. Mainly due the the hormones that may affect the eyesight so the dr felt not confident). Then move to EEC as they claim breastfeeding mom can do lasik after 3months. I would not judge which dr is right, as both have valid reasons. My child is 17 mth now and my eye sight didn't change during the pregnancy and breastfeeding, so I think I'm safe enough for the surgery. Plus wearing spec is really an issue when taking care of the child as she keeps grabbing it off n sometimes my spec scratched her. (Am I way too far from the topic :p ?) At EEC it showed that my cornea is on the thin side and there's some steep curvature, so recommended for Epi-lasik (PRK) and Cross-linking(the sales consultant said I may need the expensive drops for higher strength of my cornea). Dr Theng said he's quite confident for the surgery and no need the expensive drops, he will extend the uv exposure a bit longer for the higher strength and this is free. I also asked which epi-lasik method is used, and turn out to be PRK. Reason being the thickness of epithelial layer differs between people, and the epi-lasik by machine may not remove the right thickness/layer, but Dr can remove it clearly by the scraper, and he can feel whether it's been totally removed during the operation (this convinced me, and that's why a experienced dr is important, and this also tells those who think LASIK is all done by machine, that Dr's experience and judgement is a key factor). So I booked Dr Theng for PRK and waited for a month.

During the waiting time I came to LSC. Just because I had a chance for $1 assessment, so decided to see another opinion. Met Dr Marc Tay and adviced me for wavefront lasik + crosslinking. Was so shocked by this outcome! He said my cornea thickness is in the average side (left 526um and right 518um, avrg is 520um).oh he asked me to be re-tested in one machine with eye drops, because he felt the results didn't match with each other. With eye drops my cornea thickness fall back to avrg side. He felt my eyes were a bit dry during the assessment because I need to stare hard. Asked if eye drops would be inaccurate, he said cornea is like a sponge and it's swollen when hydrated.Told him I may consider Epi, he said recovery is long and the discomfort of chilli powder feeling in eyes is not an advantage. Then asked him if the flap for normal lasik may cause risks, he said it'll be like a wound and will heal eventually. Whether cutting the flap will hurt the nerves on eyes? Not an issue, and all laser ablation will hurt the nerves so can not avoid. So till the end I think Dr Marc is also ok.

I struggled for a while coz I think Dr Mac is not wrong, and I would prefer faster recovery since I have to take care of the naughty girl. But finally decided to stick to EEC partly because Dr Theng is more famous :p~ and I'd rather leave more thickness on my cornea.

So after the decision I called EEC and asked why I got different conclusion from another clinic, they say can do another measurement but they are pretty sure results won't change. Then on the surgery day I came and did another measurement, results really didn't change much and is closed the the value in LSC. So I think different Dr hv different guideline on cornea thickness? Anyway the procedure was quite smooth, only feel discomfort when Dr scraped the epi, not pain but can feel eye balls being pressed so the eye pressure is high. The rest was pretty standard.

Eyesight is much better after surgery. Can tolerate the irritation Andy even played a while with my girl. Second day is painful, can't open eyes easily and tearing a lot with running nose. Woke up in the mid night with the chilli powder feeling and tearing, so took the pain killer. After 48hrs got much better. After 72hrs, can go out with sunglasses, and now, as described above, much better. Will remove the eye bandage tmr, hope everything is fine~ will update again!!

veryred

Reaction score
hi yall,

I'm considering between epilasik @ EEC & transPKR @ Clearvision, though i think im a bit more inclined towards transPKR.

read a lot of good recommendation on Dr Theng. Wanna know if anyone has first hand exp with clearvision, and which doc? I googled for reviews and all of them are sponsored post, which I don't trust.

TIA!

SPTan74

Reaction score
My colleague did her lasik a few years back. She is trying to persuade me to go for one. But I seriously think that unless you are able to take good care of your eyesight (not lying down to play iPhone/read etc), it defeats the purpose as short sightedness will recur?

Michi_84

Reaction score
Today is my 3 month graduation. Right eyes is 6/6 while the left eye is 6.75

I guess no major cause of concern right? I still have like 15 astigmatism on my left eye. As usual, Dr Theng says he won't do any correction as there isn't a need to.

Winry~

Master Member
Reaction score
Did epi lasik by Dr Julian Theng last thu, they were surprised that on the 2nd day, my eyes can open fully, can see quite well and i look as tho i have never did the lasik. Tho i did experience the burning sensation during the first few days and i did eat the painkiller twice.

I know the eyesight will fluctuate but currently it seem to deteriorate as compared to first and second day. Like blur, can't focus, not sharp, for both far and near (eg. looking at phone). Why like that =(

Just now went for IPL, won't affect right?

Sent from RCP using GAGT

Last edited:

mudxblood

Master Member
Reaction score
Did epi lasik by Dr Julian Theng last thu, they were surprised that my eyes can open fully, can see quite well and i look as tho i have never did the lasik. Tho i did experience the burning sensation once during the first few days and i did eat the painkiller twice.

I know the eyesight will fluctuate but currently it seem to deteriorate as compared to first and second day. Like blur, can't focus, not sharp, for both far and near (eg. looking at phone). Why like that =(

Just now went for IPL, won't affect right?

Sent from RCP using GAGT

Which procedure? I did Lasek at SNEC about 3 months back. I remembered during the fourth or fifth day, vision was so blur, even up close. Its normal.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.