Who is getting the pencil

jonnieboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I wanted to get it. In fact I was on my way to get it. Until I open the Apple Store app and read so much negative reviews regarding the battery problem.

Anyone of u guys experience any charging or battery issues after having it for over 6 months?

nicepal

Reaction score
I guess if most usage does not involve drawing, scribbling or taking notes, the Pencil is rather of no use.

Saw people posting the battery will last around 5~6 hours of continuous usage. With that small body frame, I guess it is good enough.

I bought one 2 weeks back, have it full charge, used for only a few times like less than 45 mins. Left it in the Leather Sleeve for a week+. Last night check still have 26%. Poke it in the ipad, around 2~4mins, the battery life shows around 60%. Thus I guess it is quite good enough for a simple user like me. Whether if the tip spoils easily or battery cannot charge up, can only update again 6 months later.

sendtolee

Reaction score
I guess if most usage does not involve drawing, scribbling or taking notes, the Pencil is rather of no use.

Saw people posting the battery will last around 5~6 hours of continuous usage. With that small body frame, I guess it is good enough.

I bought one 2 weeks back, have it full charge, used for only a few times like less than 45 mins. Left it in the Leather Sleeve for a week+. Last night check still have 26%. Poke it in the ipad, around 2~4mins, the battery life shows around 60%. Thus I guess it is quite good enough for a simple user like me. Whether if the tip spoils easily or battery cannot charge up, can only update again 6 months later.

Saw many alternatives to Apple pencil. Did anyone got those and try?

aptget

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
UAG Ipad Pro case was a clip to install a pencil :D

maxresdefault.jpg

supertramp

Reaction score
I sketches and take notes during conferences/meetings. So it is pretty worth it for me.

aldric.goh

Reaction score
Unless you enjoy drawing or taking down notes; that would allow you to get the full potential of the pencil.

I had in initially, but didn't use much . Pass to my partner and she uses it all the time .

So it really depends on your usage of it

Can't find a good reason to buy

SpeedWeed

Master Member
Reaction score
there isn't a thread about a stylus or a pen to use on ipad

I have an ipad air.

I need a pen to sign documents on my ipad.

so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'll be getting it, when I get this year's updated iPad Pro.

tec_geek

Reaction score
there isn't a thread about a stylus or a pen to use on ipad

I have an ipad air.

I need a pen to sign documents on my ipad.

so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

It’s a good investment though it’s a little steep. Also, you can use the Apple Pencil to take notes, make annotations and etc.

There’s Notability, PDF Expert which works reliably with the Apple Pencil.

SpeedWeed

Master Member
Reaction score
The pencil doesn’t work with iPad Air :(

It’s a good investment though it’s a little steep. Also, you can use the Apple Pencil to take notes, make annotations and etc.

There’s Notability, PDF Expert which works reliably with the Apple Pencil.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.