Apple id issue

Extremme

Master Member
Reaction score
Got a problem. I did a proper reset on my apple watch and unpair it with my iPhone to pass it to my friend as he wanted to try out Apple watch functionality.

My friend paired it with his iPhone and used it. He returned me without properly unpairing it with his iPhone. He just did a reset from the watch itself.

When I tried to pair it with my iPhone, I got the attached error indicating that it is still paired to another apple id. As my friend is in camp, what can I do?

uSZTyAJl.jpg

Or it can only be resolved if the proper unpairing is done with his iphone?

Last edited:

Extremme

Master Member
Reaction score
Sigh meaning have to wait for him to come out of camp. He will not share his password which I can understand why.

ckh98258

Reaction score
Your friend need to go to his iphone settings, under his apple id check whether apple watch still inside his list of devices. If yes, tap the apple watch and remove it from this apple id.

Extremme

Master Member
Reaction score
Your friend need to go to his iphone settings, under his apple id check whether apple watch still inside his list of devices. If yes, tap the apple watch and remove it from this apple id.

Called Apple Support. Apparently only 2 ways to do it.My friend's iphone has to be beside the watch to do a proper unpair. The other way is to email to Apple with your proof of ownership which needs our receipt etc and it will take about 18 days to remove the lock on their end .

ckh98258

Reaction score
Called Apple Support. Apparently only 2 ways to do it.My friend's iphone has to be beside the watch to do a proper unpair. The other way is to email to Apple with your proof of ownership which needs our receipt etc and it will take about 18 days to remove the lock on their end .

What I mentioned was the last steps that need to be done manually besides those "proper unpair". You can unpair the phone & watch but you can't remove the watch locked to his apple id. Hope you got my point so you don't need the phone physically besides the watch.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.