Anyone heading to UNSW?

scarletfeather

Reaction score
ya will be better haha.

5months left
:s12:
u guys all working now?

Yup!! Just got my contract for accommodation + eCOE! Walao damn sian the visa application need to write some write up about your intended career and how it ties in with your course of study and why you chose to study in Australia lmao

cherryblossoms

Reaction score
Yup!! Just got my contract for accommodation + eCOE! Walao damn sian the visa application need to write some write up about your intended career and how it ties in with your course of study and why you chose to study in Australia lmao

earliest to do the visa thingy is early nov right? haha

cherryblossoms

Reaction score
Think it's 26 October to be exact!

yup just counted.

just noticed there is an increase of 10k aud sch fees compared to year 2017
:eek:
year 2017 was 870aud/credit unit.

now for 96 credit unit is 93.2k, so 2018 is 970aud/credit.

every year increases so much hahha.
think its because of the aussie gahmen cut budget for universities by 20%.

scarletfeather

Reaction score
yup just counted.

just noticed there is an increase of 10k aud sch fees compared to year 2017
year 2017 was 870aud/credit unit.

now for 96 credit unit is 93.2k, so 2018 is 970aud/credit.

every year increases so much hahha.
think its because of the aussie gahmen cut budget for universities by 20%.

Time to take arts electives so your total won't be as high as if you did 100% science electives HAHAHA

I'm toying with the idea of doing basic Chinese as an elective for easy credits, don't know if they'll let me in lol especially since I have a B4 in HCL for my Os

cherryblossoms

Reaction score
Time to take arts electives so your total won't be as high as if you did 100% science electives HAHAHA

I'm toying with the idea of doing basic Chinese as an elective for easy credits, don't know if they'll let me in lol especially since I have a B4 in HCL for my Os

sadly my elective only got engineering related tho
:s13:
university terraces application is taking way too long.

will be planning to apply new college village (self catered).

can share what interview questions they will ask u? haha

scarletfeather

Reaction score
sadly my elective only got engineering related tho
university terraces application is taking way too long.

will be planning to apply new college village (self catered).

can share what interview questions they will ask u? haha

Do you need to do gen ed?

Same – haven't received any word from the kensos despite September nearly coming to an end. Also um for the interview I can't really remember and I think the person conducting the interview is different for NCV and NC, but it's over the phone so prepare your phone bill lmao. I remember it being quite basic, stuff like "tell me about your family" and "why did you choose new college" (though for you it'll be NCV I guess) and harder questions like "tell me about a book you've read recently" and "what is something you've created before that you're proud of"

cherryblossoms

Reaction score
Do you need to do gen ed?

Same ********* haven't received any word from the kensos despite September nearly coming to an end. Also um for the interview I can't really remember and I think the person conducting the interview is different for NCV and NC, but it's over the phone so prepare your phone bill lmao. I remember it being quite basic, stuff like "tell me about your family" and "why did you choose new college" (though for you it'll be NCV I guess) and harder questions like "tell me about a book you've read recently" and "what is something you've created before that you're proud of"

nope. no gen ed as will be enrolling as year 3.
hmmm ic. thanks for sharing!

so u accepted NC? If kensos offered you, how?? haha

scarletfeather

Reaction score
nope. no gen ed as will be enrolling as year 3.
hmmm ic. thanks for sharing!

so u accepted NC? If kensos offered you, how?? haha

Tbh I applied for kensos not knowing there was a grand piano in NC lmao so I'll probably just do an interview if I'm shortlisted just to know if I'd have gotten in then reject them lorh haha. I think the environment of NC is more suited for me – quieter, no alcohol and lots of space for music!!

cherryblossoms

Reaction score
Tbh I applied for kensos not knowing there was a grand piano in NC lmao so I'll probably just do an interview if I'm shortlisted just to know if I'd have gotten in then reject them lorh haha. I think the environment of NC is more suited for me ********* quieter, no alcohol and lots of space for music!!

i see..

course offer acceptance part 2 can do liao!! but don't know what date then can start enrolling the courses for sem 1. :s12:

scarletfeather

Reaction score
i see..

course offer acceptance part 2 can do liao!! but don't know what date then can start enrolling the courses for sem 1. :s12:

20th Oct for commencing students I think! Anyone has any idea what you wanna take for general education and electives? Maybe we can share some classes together hehehe...

cherryblossoms

Reaction score
20th Oct for commencing students I think! Anyone has any idea what you wanna take for general education and electives? Maybe we can share some classes together hehehe...

means after enrolling on the 20th oct, we can see our timetable already ah??
domt think got anyone else except 3 of us here. sg like nobody go unsw. jin sad

saw on fb, unsw foundation studies scholarship.
https://www.ufs.unsw.edu.au/scholars...tm_content=Ad1

Last edited:

scarletfeather

Reaction score
means after enrolling on the 20th oct, we can see our timetable already ah??
domt think got anyone else except 3 of us here. sg like nobody go unsw. jin sad

saw on fb, unsw foundation studies scholarship.
https://www.ufs.unsw.edu.au/scholars...tm_content=Ad1

I think so! I do know confirm 20th October you can start to enroll in courses. I think should have more la, maybe just don't come lurking on forums 😂 Also, the foundation studies scholarship is for FOUNDATION year aka before year 1 lol not for us

cherryblossoms

Reaction score
I think so! I do know confirm 20th October you can start to enroll in courses. I think should have more la, maybe just don't come lurking on forums 😂 Also, the foundation studies scholarship is for FOUNDATION year aka before year 1 lol not for us

half enrolled!
545am wokeup to enrol and managed to secured morning classes. shiok.
snatch up real fast. exactly 6am, its already 90% full!

only enrol 2 modules. still got 2 more which i cannot enrol but emailed the faculty liao.
because due to my exemptions and the pre-requisite, messed up my course plan.

hopefully remains 2year course for me and not be extended due to this reason lol.

any idea if our student email is up??

Last edited:

scarletfeather

Reaction score
half enrolled!
545am wokeup to enrol and managed to secured morning classes. shiok.
snatch up real fast. exactly 6am, its already 90% full!

only enrol 2 modules. still got 2 more which i cannot enrol but emailed the faculty liao.
because due to my exemptions and the pre-requisite, messed up my course plan.

hopefully remains 2year course for me and not be extended due to this reason lol.

any idea if our student email is up??

I'm done with enrolment already! Shiok I have fridays totally free :p I tried logging on but apparently Microsoft doesn't recognize the ID/password, my guess is that it hasn't been set up yet or something, I don't know, but I set it to route emails to my gmail which I use more so I can't really be bothered with it HAHA

Was intending to do beginner Chinese for easy gen ed credits but placement test put me in advanced Chinese so I dropped out XD

By the way, thoughts on a WhatsApp group for easier communication?

Last edited:

cherryblossoms

Reaction score
I'm done with enrolment already! Shiok I have fridays totally free

:p
I tried logging on but apparently Microsoft doesn't recognize the ID/password, my guess is that it hasn't been set up yet or something, I don't know, but I set it to route emails to my gmail which I use more so I can't really be bothered with it HAHA

Was intending to do beginner Chinese for easy gen ed credits but placement test put me in advanced Chinese so I dropped out XD

By the way, thoughts on a WhatsApp group for easier communication?

just checked, school email only avail once semester starts.

yup thought of it. i make?
anyone else interested PM me haha

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.