Apple Watch 3 LTE

wumpus

Reaction score
Anyone know if I buy the iWatch3 LTE from other country (e.g. Australia), will that work when eventually local telco support? I know Singtel have eSim for Gear S3.

thanks

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For yr info, there's no such thing as iWatch, only Apple Watch.

If the LTE band type is similar, it should work. But US one does not unfortunately. My take is wait for final approval from local telcos and release before purchasing, just to be on the safer side.

nicepal

Reaction score
Not disclose.. Though I like the LTE version, online read some glitch about it, not sure if true...

sqgator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not disclose.. Though I like the LTE version, online read some glitch about it, not sure if true...

It’s a minor issue, drop coverage when transiting from wifi to LTE, Tim Cook said an software patch would solve it.

Wonder how much local telcos will charge a month? Maybe $10 to $12 per month.

akrguy

Reaction score
The monthly subscription is $10.7 for Gear S3 frontier LTE on both red and green. M1 no support for eSIM yet. The subscription fee should be the same for Apple Watch.

Wondering if any telco would waive this fee permanently like 4G VAS.

It’s a minor issue, drop coverage when transiting from wifi to LTE, Tim Cook said an software patch would solve it.

Wonder how much local telcos will charge a month? Maybe $10 to $12 per month.

sqgator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The monthly subscription is $10.7 for Gear S3 frontier LTE on both red and green. M1 no support for eSIM yet. The subscription fee should be the same for Apple Watch.

Wondering if any telco would waive this fee permanently like 4G VAS.

Thanks for the info. Highly unlikely telcos in Singapore will waive the monthly charges.

VodkaPear

Master Member
Reaction score
can't imagine I need pay 10.70 for a esim for the watch, and still paying another 10.70 for mobileshare sim for my iPad. lol!

benz1987

Reaction score
LTE or GPS

In a dilemma whether to get the GPS version or wait out for the LTE. Bros here, what would be the pull factor in you getting the LTE version of AW?

In anycase, my phone is usually always with me, yet I also like the idea of having the LTE watch for convenience, of course at a price (e-sim subscription from telco).

sqgator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am waiting for the LTE version, looks like will only be launched in Singapore sometime next year. The difference in price between LTE and non-LTE is not much anyway. For quick grocery/petro station runs and swimming, LTE will be useful.

Jirachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am waiting for the LTE version, looks like will only be launched in Singapore sometime next year. The difference in price between LTE and non-LTE is not much anyway. For quick grocery/petro station runs and swimming, LTE will be useful.
I think it was mentioned somewhere before that Singapore's LTE versions will only come in 2018. So just wait it out.

PetPet

Reaction score
I'm guessing 3 months. Just like when S0 was released.
So perhaps December, together with the iMac Pro announcements.

Chips

Reaction score

if you are just comparing the watch pricing its not much but gotta factor in the $10 extra you have to pay to telco every month

manofsorrows

Master Member
Reaction score
Can buy LTE version of the watch but dont use the cellular functionality? Just so that can have the newer cases instead of the aluminium ones.

sqgator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can buy LTE version of the watch but dont use the cellular functionality? Just so that can have the newer cases instead of the aluminium ones.

My guess is that u can buy the cellular version without using the function, so it will just linked to your iPhone by Bluetooth like now.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.