The Hair Thread - Part 5

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone tried the indian hair clay? any reviews? how does it compare to morris motley

My reviews previously but people may think otherwise for Morris Motley Treatment Styling Balm.

Indians Extra Strong Hold Molding Clay
- Clay texture and creamy in colour
- Lightweight and able to create slight volume
- Easy to apply but sticky on hair after apply
- Holding strength: very strong for short hair length and strong for medium hair length
- Not easy to wash off (based on Ryo Shampoo)

Morris Motley Treatment Styling Balm
- Smell: Pleasant fruity smell
- Texture: Creamy wax
- Easy to apply and does not feel sticky on the hair after apply
- Able to create very minimal volume for short hair
- Holding Strength: slightly above average for short hair and weak for medium long hair
- Easy to wash off

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Indians clay damn hard, can’t scoop it out from the jar. I had to throw it away....

Indians clay is a dry textured clay. You have to use the back of your fingernails to dig it out, unlike soft wax. You don’t have to throw it away because its dry and “hard”. Its exactly how clay works to give you the lift and holds the hair together.

Last edited:

stam

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Indians clay is a dry textured clay. You have to use the back of your fingernails to dig it out, unlike soft wax. You don’t have to throw it away because its dry and “hard”. Its exactly how clay works to give you the lift and holds the hair together.

ya, i have 2 versions, 1 is the glass jar, the other is a plastic jar. The older one, glass jar damn hard, cant scoop out, have to use hair dryer to warm it dig out then apply. But put on hand harden again..

the newer ones plastic jar was better, hard too but still can dig out and easier to wash off from palm.

LoeinGreen

Reaction score
Hi all, any good hair salon/ stylist for men to recommend? Budget $20-$40
Saw a few reco from this thread but all dated a long time back.
TIA

foushi95

Reaction score
Hi
Looking for clay/wax/pomade suggestion that has a good hold like gold digger (or better)
Matte finish
Good for fine hair / volume / texture (if possible).
Or If I can rephrase my question : Any suggestion better than Gold Digger that have the same hold approx ?
My MM cant handle my hair, I need something stronger. I'm using GD, it is good, but if there is something better, why not :)

Thanks you

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, any good hair salon/ stylist for men to recommend? Budget $20-$40
Saw a few reco from this thread but all dated a long time back.
TIA

You can try Jasper from Signature Salon @ Far East Plaza. You may PM me if you want his contact.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi
Looking for clay/wax/pomade suggestion that has a good hold like gold digger (or better)
Matte finish
Good for fine hair / volume / texture (if possible).
Or If I can rephrase my question : Any suggestion better than Gold Digger that have the same hold approx ?
My MM cant handle my hair, I need something stronger. I'm using GD, it is good, but if there is something better, why not :)

Thanks you

GD’s hold is good but you may have realized that it’s heavy too. Every product will have some tradeoffs in a way or another.

Based on your requirements, it seems that you have fine hair (small diameter of hair strand) and from the fact that GD works well for you, its likely that you have thick hair (high proximity of hair) so as to support GD’s weight. Also, all main styling products (ie wax/clay) creates body and texture for the hair, but they do not volumize the hair. Pre-stylers such as hair mousse or seasalt spray helps to volumize the hair.

You may consider ebl clay (semi creamy texture, high hold, provides good lift to the hair, slightly lower washability) or indians clay (dry textured - so you have to dig it out, very high hold, average washability). Since both are clay, you have to rub onto palms till a slight burning sensation prior to application.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ya, i have 2 versions, 1 is the glass jar, the other is a plastic jar. The older one, glass jar damn hard, cant scoop out, have to use hair dryer to warm it dig out then apply. But put on hand harden again..

the newer ones plastic jar was better, hard too but still can dig out and easier to wash off from palm.

Yup, the new version of indians clay comes with improved formula and easier to use. On a side note, for those who’re interested, new stocks are arriving next month.

hwarong

Reaction score
Just wondering,
Any good products to share/recommend?
Apart from MM, Uevo as usual..

Looking to try out some new ones.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just wondering,
Any good products to share/recommend?
Apart from MM, Uevo as usual..

Looking to try out some new ones.

What properties are you looking out for? Matte/slight shine, strong/medium hold and any concerns for washability? After knowing these, i can help to provide some options for you to consider :)

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
blind barber refreshed their line of products. some same but bigger quantity at same price
should be in my store next week.

same old 90 proof but bigger
90proofpomade_76b821c0-87fd-4d48-83b3-dfee9b1fc4c2_1024x1024.jpg

new high shine and high hold water pomde - 101 Proof Classic
101proofclassic_5968bfd3-3c71-47c0-b1ee-4bf696406538_1024x1024.jpg

they also ventured into the sea salt pre styling market - looks promising - will give full review of this new product as soon as i get my hands on it.
40-proof-styling-cream_1024x1024.jpg

vamprose

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey guys

are there any recommendations for hair perm +cut?
my budget is like around 150 like that

hwarong

Reaction score
What properties are you looking out for? Matte/slight shine, strong/medium hold and any concerns for washability? After knowing these, i can help to provide some options for you to consider :)

Slight shine to matte would be great :)
Medium hold and no preferably on washability.

ft7001

Reaction score
Need recommendations for pomade. Tons of Brand’s in the market these days.

1. Wet/shine look
2. Strong holding power. (My hair is rather fine)
3. Of course, easy to wash. (Always have a hard time with clay)

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need recommendations for pomade. Tons of Brand’s in the market these days.

1. Wet/shine look
2. Strong holding power. (My hair is rather fine)
3. Of course, easy to wash. (Always have a hard time with clay)

water based pomade - maybe the new blind barber 101 proof?

or uevo green (only restock nov)
uevo green is good for fine hair with strong fiber like hold + high shine look

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Slight shine to matte would be great :)
Medium hold and no preferably on washability.

Two options that came to my mind right away are K clay and 90degs wax.

Both products come with medium hold and are very washable.
The main differences between both are that 90degs wax is organic and is matte, while k clay is not organic and comes with slight shine.

I would personally recommend 90degs wax, as it is very easy to apply. The botanical smell is very subjective though. I myself like the smell very much, but some swear that it's not their thing. In either case, the smell should not be at the top of anyone's list though.

ft7001

Reaction score
blind barber refreshed their line of products. some same but bigger quantity at same price
should be in my store next week.

same old 90 proof but bigger
90proofpomade_76b821c0-87fd-4d48-83b3-dfee9b1fc4c2_1024x1024.jpg

new high shine and high hold water pomde - 101 Proof Classic
101proofclassic_5968bfd3-3c71-47c0-b1ee-4bf696406538_1024x1024.jpg

they also ventured into the sea salt pre styling market - looks promising - will give full review of this new product as soon as i get my hands on it.
40-proof-styling-cream_1024x1024.jpg

What's the damage? I'm keen.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.