[SIC] Hoot Club! Post Your Technology/Hardware Related Purchases NOW! - Part 4

ragegoh

Reaction score
Where do you all usually buy gpu from? Planning to get one 1080ti. Saw a good deal in newegg.

kotori

Reaction score
hooted my new rig ->

ryzen 7 1700x
rog x370 strix
trident-z rgb rams (bought in Feb :s13: when the prices were lower)

swap my gen 1 filco majestoch to majestouch 2 convertible
gpu,psu,case,aio re-use

waiting for corsair rgb aio, 1070ti (maybe?)

no pictures cause lazy af..

finally can retire my nuclear reactor :s34: (FX 9590)

raysusan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hooted my new rig ->

ryzen 7 1700x
rog x370 strix
trident-z rgb rams (bought in Feb :s13: when the prices were lower)

swap my gen 1 filco majestoch to majestouch 2 convertible
gpu,psu,case,aio re-use

waiting for corsair rgb aio, 1070ti (maybe?)

no pictures cause lazy af..

finally can retire my nuclear reactor :s34: (FX 9590)
nice

do share photo after setup:)

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro, y sad? :)

I build my custom watercooling rig with it and i tore it down within 2 months.

Terrible airflow and regreted. Its beautiful, sleek and nice quality. But the air flow in that case is just terrible. To the extent that im getting the same temps as air cooled.

NeonX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
9DTADOdl.jpg

Small 7 inch hoot

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT

poooooo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I build my custom watercooling rig with it and i tore it down within 2 months.

Terrible airflow and regreted. Its beautiful, sleek and nice quality. But the air flow in that case is just terrible. To the extent that im getting the same temps as air cooled.
Which case with this kind of front cover with little to none air vent has good air flow though?

Those with better airflow usually have mesh infront, or got huge gap between the panels and intakes like corsair x570.

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which case with this kind of front cover with little to none air vent has good air flow though?

Those with better airflow usually have mesh infront, or got huge gap between the panels and intakes like corsair x570.

There is actually. It really depends on the case structure and how it is being designed. There are many other ways that a case can draw fresh air in. Not necessary to draw from the front.

That is how i landed on the PC-O11 from lian li. Which pulls in from the bottom to the top, or draws from the second chamber.

I think just like many other tech reviewers. The case design plays a important role. Doesnt mean it looks good = practical. Learnt an expensive lesson lol.

The bad point about enthoo evolv atx is the spacing between the top cover to the top rad. The large gap causes the hot air to recirculate it back to the case. Also partly because the vent holes for the top is far too small for heat to exhaust.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.