EDMW Knife Collectors

Rock-kun

Reaction score
i dun want to get in trouble with customs again because i got caught buying e-cig into sg before.

That alone raises alarms.

hi guys, knife noob here....
Flick knife in Singapore law usually = switch blade = automatic. This is not an automatic. legal to import and own. offense to possess outside of the house without proper reason. And EDC is not a valid reason in Singapore.

Also, I own this model (sorry guys, I know; axis lock / Benchmade knockoff and all, but it's crazy cheap for 440C steel) and the 3.5" blade is HUGE.

Last edited:

||||||||||

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That alone raises alarms.

Flick knife in Singapore law usually = switch blade = automatic. This is not an automatic. legal to import and own. offense to possess outside of the house without proper reason. And EDC is not a valid reason in Singapore.

Also, I own this model (sorry guys, I know; axis lock / Benchmade knockoff and all, but it's crazy cheap for 440C steel) and the 3.5" blade is HUGE.

Phew, thanks. I bought this to open envelop only....hahaha

Shikiwaru

Master Member
Reaction score
There have been many many documented examples of him taking money and not delivering. Check bladeforums/USN out.

His SM-100 prybar also has no heat treat on it. He does not mention it at all and people have used it to pry and got it damaged. When called out on it, they're only then stating that it is a novelty item.

God knows if his SM-100 blades have a heat treat. If you'd like a DDR design, check out the Kizer Gunhammer instead.

Dryxhyl

Reaction score
Selling my collection as I need funds for bills:

1. Trastetkknives Kyre – $1220
• Damascus blade and backspacer
• Timascus bolster and pocket clip
• Black G10 scales and anodized blue liners

2. Modified Hinderer XM18 3.5 Gen4 – $2200
• Original anodized purple lockside scale with matching clip
• Modified Hellfire grind from original spanto by Nath Custom Knives
• Modified to partial bearing system by Nath Custom Knives for better flipping action (original flipping action is terrible)
• C.F. Scales with Ctek insert, and c.f. clip tab by RC Bladeworks
• does not come with original box. bought from Arizona Custom Knives. I can show receipt of purchase to interested parties

3. CKF Decepticon 3 – $820
• Damascus clip version
• comes with COA, pouch and microfiber cloth

4. CKF Muscle – $680
• Prototype #15
• comes with COA, pouch and microfiber cloth

5. Brous Strife Custom – $650
• #039/500
• Satin finish
• Custom bolster lock modification and carbon fiber scales by Nath Custom Knives
• Comes with COA and original scales

6. Brous Raven – $650
• #037/250
• Satin finish
• Come with COA and original Brous case

7. Kershaw Bump – $150
• Discontinued
• Original first run with CPM154 blade
• Scuff marks on pocket clip
• Does not come with Box

8. Kershaw Tremor (Plain Edge) – $80
• Discontinued
• Almost brand new condition
• Original Box

9. CKF Pepyakka S (bonus) – offer me
• unwilling to sell, but if the price is right I must just let it go

PM or comment for queries, more pictures or to deal. Do expect slight scuff marks as my knives are all carried before.

Shikiwaru

Master Member
Reaction score
Everyone here, any thoughts on this?

https://mothership.sg/2017/09/paren...knife-for-s15-from-tampines-1-without-checks/

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?....458645613953.249426.521728953&type=3&theater

Thanks to one mother, a kid and an irresponsible seller, are we going to see even more restrictions slapped on our hobby?

This is a non-story and nothing dangerous came out of it. For the record, the same kid can buy scissors and penblades off a stationery shop and nobody would bat an eye.

But if restrictions do happen, it should not affect collectors here because we're not 12 year old kids.

hawthorne

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is a non-story and nothing dangerous came out of it. For the record, the same kid can buy scissors and penblades off a stationery shop and nobody would bat an eye.

But if restrictions do happen, it should not affect collectors here because we're not 12 year old kids.

Went to the shop to see see and I did not see knife anymore :(

Rock-kun

Reaction score
It was a crappy Chinese pot metal karambit anyway, you're not missing out on anything.

Pot metal or not, it clearly had an edge sharp enough to slice cardboard, according to what that mother said.

Unless she was just exaggerating.

chengkhi

Reaction score
Giving up most of my knife collection:
GTC (safe queens)
- Stampede SLT with nebula damascus blade
- G-Force 2 damasteel blade and damasteel inlays
- Plasma CPM154 blade

Lightly used (cut paper and or cardboard only)
- Calavera gen 2 El Patron large S90V blade
- Shirogorov Neon ultra lite S30V blade
- Ben tendick waki and tanto 3V blades (chopped some trees with it for playing, 3V is tough, no damage and can still slice paper)

Anyone interested pls pm me...

10_01mencret

Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm kinda desperate for funds right now so I'm giving up some of these. Can still nego!

Bastinelli Red v2 for $old
Spyderco Byrd Raven 2 for $old
Boker Vox Rhino for $old
Brous Blades VR-71 for $300 -> $250

PM for details and photos. Thanks all.

Last edited:

furryballs

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys i have a kamikoto kitchen knife to sharpen. Any whetstone to recommend? Not overly concerned with the angle so i just need a simple but proper stone.

mamba2012

Reaction score
Guys i have a kamikoto kitchen knife to sharpen. Any whetstone to recommend? Not overly concerned with the angle so i just need a simple but proper stone.

Try Shapton's professional series. Great stones, harder than naniwa. Generally, you won't gouge into them, unlike naniwa stones.

furryballs

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Try Shapton's professional series. Great stones, harder than naniwa. Generally, you won't gouge into them, unlike naniwa stones.

For general sharpening, i need 2 grits? Wah each stone is like $80, if i buy 2 stones its like $160

Shikiwaru

Master Member
Reaction score
Isn't Kamikoto knives the one with the shady advertising and mystery steel anyway? If you spent so much on some knife of unknown quality, what is a few stones for that price?

mamba2012

Reaction score
Isn't Kamikoto knives the one with the shady advertising and mystery steel anyway? If you spent so much on some knife of unknown quality, what is a few stones for that price?

I have the 1k, 2k, 5k, 8k and 12k. Honestly, i think the 2k and 5k are enough. You can always get cheaper stones, but I really like the feedback on the shaptons. When you try them, you'll understand why. Anyway, these stones can last you a lifetime, so I think they provide great ROI.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.