Withdraw from uni and re-apply next year

Mooncow

Reaction score
As the title suggests, may I know if you will be blacklisted by the universities after dropping out?

Would like to know if it is possible to re-apply next year as a fresh applicant.

MrSinkie95

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Now year 1? I suggest u continue and request transfer at the end of your sem?

Mooncow

Reaction score
Yes year 1. Thinking of re-applying next year because it's a different uni.

FrostWurm

Master Member
Reaction score
If is a local uni, u would have consumed tuition grant, and will have to pay unsubsidised fees for your new programme.[/URL]

Noob spotted.

Only part of the tution grant will have been consumed.

TS is a freshie.

Mooncow

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I'll update again next year for future students who are in the same dilemma

Milodinosaur101

Reaction score
As the title suggests, may I know if you will be blacklisted by the universities after dropping out?

Would like to know if it is possible to re-apply next year as a fresh applicant.

Hi! I came across your post and I was wondering if you were a freshie planning to withdraw from uni as well. So am I! I was wondering if you knew anything about the tuition grant thing? As in if I do withdraw from my uni then would I have to pay liquidated damages as well? Just to clarify I am also planning to reapply next year. Thanks! And I hope you're doing okay!

Plow98

Banned
Reaction score
Hi! I came across your post and I was wondering if you were a freshie planning to withdraw from uni as well. So am I! I was wondering if you knew anything about the tuition grant thing? As in if I do withdraw from my uni then would I have to pay liquidated damages as well? Just to clarify I am also planning to reapply next year. Thanks! And I hope you're doing okay!

I think liquidated damages only apply to non-citizens (that is FTs and SPRs). They have to execute an agreement with MOE in order to get tuition grants, etc.

Mooncow

Reaction score

Hi I came across your post as well, yes you are right about that. From what I have read so far, it seems like only the first sem will not have tuition grant in your new uni (since you have already used it for first sem now).

I have not heard about liquidated damage, do you mind explaining?

I see, you are definitely not alone so don't be afraid to make a choice if you are certain of what you want.

Thanks, you too. It would be great if we could discuss via private message :)

silentears

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
withdraw and reapply will be a better approach as your gpa will be reset and not carried over

MOE grant will be consumed partially - i.e u studied for one semester in a 3 year program. Then when u start the new program, u will be given only 2 1/2 years worth of tuition grant.

Anyway check with your school if they provide in-house grants, e.g NTU if u overshot your MOE grant, they will help to take over the grant but you have to pay the 7% gst.

2cent

FxCorsair

Reaction score
Hi all, I am/was a year 1 freshie at NTU. Decided to withdraw for reasons i won't state here, but i can share my knowledge as far as MOE tuition grant is involved. Went down to MOE customer service centre(yeah i know, wth? they have a service centre?) and was infd by the staff there that every sinkie is granted 8 semesters(basically 4 years) worth of tuition grants. What it meant for me, as a local student intending to withdraw in my first sem was that I'd have consumed 1 sem worth of tuition grant. So if I were to reapply for uni in the future, I'd have to pay 1 sem worth of unsubsidised fees as my quota is now 7 sems. However if I pick a course that is 3 years/6 sems, then all the sems would be covered by tuition grant.

Hope this helps :)

yuxdzx

Reaction score
Hi all, I am/was a year 1 freshie at NTU. Decided to withdraw for reasons i won't state here, but i can share my knowledge as far as MOE tuition grant is involved. Went down to MOE customer service centre(yeah i know, wth? they have a service centre?) and was infd by the staff there that every sinkie is granted 8 semesters(basically 4 years) worth of tuition grants. What it meant for me, as a local student intending to withdraw in my first sem was that I'd have consumed 1 sem worth of tuition grant. So if I were to reapply for uni in the future, I'd have to pay 1 sem worth of unsubsidised fees as my quota is now 7 sems. However if I pick a course that is 3 years/6 sems, then all the sems would be covered by tuition grant.

Interesting. I always thought they'll only give you 8 semesters if you take an honours year.

loveaddict

Master Member
Reaction score

Now TG not go by number of semesters already.

Sent from somewhere somehow using GAGT

Patient94

Reaction score

Hi all , i need some help in regards to Tuition grant.

I was a student enrolled in NTU from 2016 to 2017 but was on leave of absence throughout the whole year. I withdrew from NTU in Aug 2017. During this period , i did not have to pay any tuition fees. May i ask if my tuition grant is still the same or has been consumed ? Thank you

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.