Is This A Phishing Scam Email ?

• Have you been Scammed?
    Follow this advisory from National Crime Prevention Council (NCPC) on the next steps you can take. More info
Reaction score
just received the below email................i reckon it's a scam since the sender's email is <samad_malik22@hotmail.com> ?

DEACTIVATION CONFIRMATION
MT
Microsoft.com Team <samad_malik22@hotmail.com>

Reply|
Today, 1:07 PM
msn_members@outlook.com
Security Information

Dear User,

We received your instruction to deactivate your mail

We will Delete & Close Your Account Within 48 hours

You need to confirm if you made this request or we will continue with the request.

If you think it is an error, take action immediately to stop this process.

CANCEL & STOP ACTION NOW

Thank You,Accounts Team

Reaction score
I got one of these as well. Delete straight away.

the same content ?..............as in they say will delete the account ?

last time they only say some weird activities but this time say delete so i thought better if i ask people here.............

incubus07

Reaction score
the fact that they will delete an account if you dont reply is already a dead giveaway.
In general, silence will rarely ever equal to consent.

youve already picked out the other red flag which is the weird non-professional-but personal-looking-email-account :)

Reaction score
i just remembered that whenever they email me, there's a green shield displayed.............but this time no shield..............

by the way, what's the point of scamming my email ?.........can make money out of it meh ?:s11:

Reaction score
i just remembered that whenever they email me, there's a green shield displayed.............but this time no shield..............

by the way, what's the point of scamming my email ?.........can make money out of it meh ?:s11:

if that email address is your main email for most stuff like booking airticket, order stuff on amazon,etc.

can use forget password to recover these password using ur email address lo

ctingyee

Reaction score
You check the link when you move the mouse over the link and see if it is funky link or not.

But even you don't do it, just straight away delete it. Too much phishing email.

Side note: Delete the email that asking to open invoice from email attachment if you don't know who he is.

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u just came out of the cave?

phishing email exist many many years already and if till now if you still don't know how to identify phishing emails. you really need to stop using emails.

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Not necessary this concern you.

But it may use your email to deceive your contacts as usually all are links within.

So if one of your contact happen to receive a message from your email, so it may presumed as legal.
And then may send money &or whatever 'you' have request for.

As many people would seldom proceed further to check or confirm.

This is where scammers are always successful, as 1 out of 100 contacts reply as thinking it is a genuine request.

Assumption is the way where scammers used in order trick your contacts.

Hence most scammers will refer you, being as genuine, that required the funds to be sent via them.

By reading certain info in your emails scammers will able to know what sort of request they need to ensure your contacts know as genuine request.

Based on experienced as several decades my family was conned by a stranger.
This stranger knew about my family background and that my sibling is oversea.
As communication in the past is not easy, so this stranger used my sibling name and correct country and others details.
Also the stranger also to provided a valid local address as mere to say it is legal address.
So my family had passed some cash to the stranger just like that.
Sweet talk and knew the basic background.

Do not assumed anything without verify the info from 3rd party.
Verify before confirmation as true.

Anything info on you will able to used to scam &or con your contacts & family, not necessary YOU.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.