NTU/NUS/SMU 2018-2019 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plow98

Banned
Reaction score
I'm the formless being, the seer of sight, thinker of thoughts, hearer of sound, knower of the known.

This body is mortal and always held by death. It is the abode of that Self which is immortal and without body.
When in the body (by thinking this body is I and I am this body) the Self is held by pleasure and pain.
So long as he is in the body, he cannot get free from pleasure and pain. But when he is free of the body (when he knows himself different from the body), then neither pleasure nor pain touches him.
He who reaches the world of Brahman, does not return, yea, he does not return.

Thank you. Less we be chastened by dear moderators for digressing from the spirit of this thread, we should stay with 'Degree Program and Courses'.

Amituofo

Plow98

Banned
Reaction score
Reminder: please keep in topic

Other than that, all questions regarding admissions for next year are welcome - ask away

Dear Mod, is there a thread here that deals with Undergrad Scholarship please. Want to be read all about the subject cuz I need a scholarship. Thank you.

Amituofo

Occifer&Gentleman

Reaction score
Heads up for mature applicants, start taking SATs early! It'll help if you start early so you can retake if you don't do well initially! Also, a consistent career path is essential (not been job hopping)!

Ottoke

Reaction score
Dear Mod, is there a thread here that deals with Undergrad Scholarship please. Want to be read all about the subject cuz I need a scholarship. Thank you.

Amituofo

Hi there

marigoldhl is not the moderator. I am the resident moderator of the Academic Section. You may want to use the search function if you are looking for the undergrad scholarship thread. If you cannot find it, you can always start one

I hope you have a good time here. All the best. :o

O

Ottoke

Reaction score
Moderator's Note
TS has been changed from darksiedluv to marigoldhl.
Usual rules apply. Thanks.

O

papa13

Reaction score
Hi there

marigoldhl is not the moderator. I am the resident moderator of the Academic Section. You may want to use the search function if you are looking for the undergrad scholarship thread. If you cannot find it, you can always start one

I hope you have a good time here. All the best. :o

O

Sound sibei atas. Resident of academic section

Plow98

Banned
Reaction score
Try the brightsparks forum? :D

Brightsparks forum provides a useful list of undergrad scholarship providers with details but hardly any discussions.

KiasuParents forum is occupied by a few upper class old hens who are blowing smoke at each other with their darling sons (DDs) and darling daugthers (DDs). These DSs and DDs are from "good JCs" like RJ, HC, ACJC, etc with their straight As and overseas endowed CCAs. Travel distances from Unis to their homes at Leedon Park or Namely Avenue are also critical factors in their choice of courses. The hoi polio from HDB "dwellings" with "so so" poly diplomas do not exist in their exotic circle. Amazingly (maybe not so), these atas forumers' quest for a scholarship is not for funding but the associated prestige and opportunities to be accepted into the "upper echelon society".

So .. here I am from the societal "bottom of the barrel", in the "needy" category of heartland dwellers, hoping to avoid the need to compete with 'exercising' old ladies in cardboard box collection to fund my uni studies. Hence the increasing interest for a scholarship that provides good 'bread'.

amituofo

Plow98

Banned
Reaction score
What is the history / age of NUS Bachelor of Computing in Information Security? Will appreciate any information or link please. Thank you.

Amituofo

Jadajada

Reaction score
What is the history / age of NUS Bachelor of Computing in Information Security? Will appreciate any information or link please. Thank you.

Amituofo

I think u can look for the historical igp as a gauge in the 1st post or so. But the dept is 10th in the world

Plow98

Banned
Reaction score
Good morning, dear Jada.

Just used your suggestion to check IGP history and found that Comp Info/Sec did not exist in AY 2014/15. So it was born in 2015/16. A two year old baby.

What prompted me to look at the history was the establishment in 2016 of the NUS/Singtel $42.8 million NUS-Singtel Cyber Security Research and Development Laboratory. It normally takes more time for such moves.

Thank you.

Amituofo

darksiedluv

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ROYZWP4l.png

Application for SMU opens on 16 October

Sent from Samsung SM-G955F using GAGT

Plow98

Banned
Reaction score
Dear darksiedluv, thank you for your very prompt attention and alert.

For BSc IS, the cgpa is 3.54 to 3.96.

Is it normal for application to open so soon? February 2018 is embedded in my mind.

Amituofo

Last edited:

Plow98

Banned
Reaction score
Cannot find the 16 Oct 2017 SMU start of admission announcement in their website. Please help.

Plow98

Banned
Reaction score
Kiasu.

Is it a good strategy to apply for your dream course in all Big 3s?

What's the downside, if any? Please.

Amituofo

Last edited:

happygigs

Reaction score
Kiasu.

Is it a good strategy to apply for your dream course in all Big 3s?

What's the downside, if any? Please.

Amituofo

Yes you should! If one fails, you can fall back on another.
There's nothing to lose by applying to all 3 uni's
Good luck! :)

Plow98

Banned
Reaction score
Yes you should! If one fails, you can fall back on another.
There's nothing to lose by applying to all 3 uni's
Good luck! :)

Will do that in November pending full release of all examination result related issues excluding semester 5 CGPA, which is already published in all polytechnics. By then hopefully, IGP for 2018/19 should also be available from the 3 unis. Thank you.

Amituofo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.