Surface Pro (5)

vivalarave

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys do u think this can be a replacement for work laptop? I mean if on vacation, bring this instead of work laptop? Opening up excels, ppt, PDF and occasionally editing on PPT and light editing on Excel. Advantage is not having to bring bulky regular laptop power adapter.

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

Of course, i5 with 8gb ram..

Just need to bring a mouse

The adapter is smaller but still need to bring.

The real advantage is the weight and tablet mode for quick browsing.

The wifi hotspot is good for multidevice.l

Sent from LGE LG-H961N using GAGT

Last edited:

nicholaslee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone bought from Amazon? Is it covered under first year international warranty?

vivalarave

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

airborner

Reaction score
If I walked in a challenger store, can I still be offered 13% discount?

I walked into Challenger Suntec and bought mine on 10 oct with burgundy keyboard reserved & collected at Bugis store. Today is their last day of promo. The sales rep guided me to login into my account and the rest all handled by him - I just need to make payment only.

$200 discount plus a $10 return coupon credited into my account on 13 Oct. IMHO, this is the best deal so far. Hope this info helps :)

PS: I also bought a black UAG cover and it turns out to have a huge discount - $69.30. Their price tag just reflected as $99 and 10% discount if u r member.

airborner

Reaction score
I walked into Challenger Suntec and bought mine on 10 oct with burgundy keyboard reserved & collected at Bugis store. Today is their last day of promo. The sales rep guided me to login into my account and the rest all handled by him - I just need to make payment only.

$200 discount plus a $10 return coupon credited into my account on 13 Oct. IMHO, this is the best deal so far. Hope this info helps :)

PS: I also bought a black UAG cover and it turns out to have a huge discount - $69.30. Their price tag just reflected as $99 and 10% discount if u r member.

Anyways, anyone knows if UAG cover is compatible with glass screen protector? Thanks in advance

oohmygod

Reaction score
You mean today is the last day of the 13% discount?

kesame

Reaction score
hi surface users, can anyone enlighten me whether the price upgrade($500) difference from i5 to i7 is worth it? Also, should I wait for LTE version?

vivalarave

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi surface users, can anyone enlighten me whether the price upgrade($500) difference from i5 to i7 is worth it? Also, should I wait for LTE version?

i5/8gb works great across the board - i do acoustic simulations and it runs quite fast, unless you use it for mobile workstation for production such as photoshop/autocad/video/audio then i7 16gb makes more sense for processing power.

LTE if you're a mobile road warrior - if you use it mostly offsite without wifi.

Nowdays mobile data from phone is suffice for quick connectivity.

Wireless@sg is everywhere and cafes offer wifi too.

Sent from LGE LG-H961N using GAGT

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.