Need help in London, i might be able to help you

tokyofanboi

Reaction score
Feeling confused how to go to the town from airport? How to get tax refund? What is the minimum amount to get tax refund? Tips and Tricks getting around and shopping. Ask me.

I may not know everything but will try to help as much as i can

iswift

Reaction score
Do you happens to have any left over currencies? I’m going Europe & London end month. Thanks

Denikeve

Master Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere there’s a train which cost only a few pounds to get to town from the Airport. Is it true?

tokyofanboi

Reaction score
I read somewhere there’s a train which cost only a few pounds to get to town from the Airport. Is it true?

Yes is the Underground tube service equivalent to our MRT service.

Few things to take note
1) their train service do often break down inclusive of heathrow express
2) It depend where you are staying at
3) Most tube station no escalator
4) Heathrow airport to town takes a hour, heathrow express to paddington 15 minutes

tokyofanboi

Reaction score
How long did u spend in London? How much do u think is needed for 1 week in london? 1k enuf for spending?

I spend 10 days in London, 1K SGD is around $550 or so, it depends what you wanna eat and buy, eating out in london is not cheap, example a sandwich pack in M&S cost 2.9 to 3.5 pound in average. A proper meal will cost average 9 to 20 pound

droozy

Master Member
Reaction score
do we need to buy any day pass to move around the sights ?

which hotel or stay would you recommend to stay ?

tokyofanboi

Reaction score
No need day pass as most of the places are nearby. Better plan your trip well. I stay at bayswater, a decent place few minutes walk from the station with nearby m&s, waitrose, boots, F&N, Salisbury, goldmine, four seasons.

Try to find a hotel within zone 1 as most of the places u will go and shopping are in zone 1 which save you quite a lot of transport money

tokyofanboi

Reaction score
One good thing for the hotel I stay is that there’s direct bus from oxford street bus 94 to Queensway tube station which is a stone throw away from bayswater station which save you time after shopping and hassle.

If u take the tube is a big round and cost more

droozy

Master Member
Reaction score
which hotel u stay then ? Should be ex ?

How about waterloo station ?
No need day pass as most of the places are nearby. Better plan your trip well. I stay at bayswater, a decent place few minutes walk from the station with nearby m&s, waitrose, boots, F&N, Salisbury, goldmine, four seasons.

Try to find a hotel within zone 1 as most of the places u will go and shopping are in zone 1 which save you quite a lot of transport money

tokyofanboi

Reaction score
London house hotel is where I stay. Most hotels in London are expensive, why not try airbnb, they might have good deals?

Waterloo is at the southern side and need to cross the Thames river to access the shopping belt & etc. Is only near to imperial war museum, borough market.

If can stay at paddington, earls court, south Kensington

which hotel u stay then ? Should be ex ?

How about waterloo station ?

Denikeve

Master Member
Reaction score
How about your transport costs? Worth it to buy the 7 day unlimited travel pass or just keep topping up? There’s a cap of per day right

pcmdan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Heathrow express approx 15min (direct)..if you book in adv in costs you only gbp5.5 to get from airport to London Paddington.

Last edited:

pcmdan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How about your transport costs? Worth it to buy the 7 day unlimited travel pass or just keep topping up? There’s a cap of per day right

Depends on where u travelling and the frequency of your transport use. Have to go calculate. For me..is still cheaper to top up..

pcmdan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How long did u spend in London? How much do u think is needed for 1 week in london? 1k enuf for spending?

1 week is 7 days. Daily transport could set u around 10gbp

Food wise..not cheap and depending on what u eat. Note that their food is expensive not as cheap as Singapore. E.g. average meal cost around 15gbp

If u are visiting attractions that require entrance fees u might want to take that in account

Within London..most attractions are within walking distance. If u don't mind..walk
E.g. big ben, London bridge, ,tower bridge, palace, London eye, the museum, tower of London etc are all within walking distance

nivlac9

Reaction score
Looking for a clean hotel in London budget $300 5 nights any suggestions? Ideally near a tube?

Thanks 😬

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.