M1 FIBRE BROADBAND DISCUSSION - Part 2

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As usual Henry talking crap again.

Am on M1 300mbps, not even 500mbps, sharing with my wife, maid, kid streaming Netflix 4k on TV, two tenants also streaming.

NO ISSUE AT ALL.

Even when I'm downloading games from steam the Netflix is totally fine and doesn't drop resolution.

Henry, please throw yourself off a cliff as usual misleading people
You are making the same mistake again and you better throw yourself off. Many users have noticed some slow down as you can see here. I am a home user and also a corporate M1 user. Even for corporate plan my internet sometime also got intermittent disconnection. Real world usage can be 50 to 60% of your subscribed speed during peak hours like friday 11.30pm. Last night ~ 11.50pm my speed test show 500+ only. It is ok for me as i have SH at home. I can switch to SH when it is slow.

Last edited:

jnashville

Banned
Reaction score
You are making the same mistake again and you better throw yourself off. Many users have noticed some slow down as you can see here. I am a home user and also a corporate M1 user. Even for corporate plan my internet sometime also got intermittent disconnection. Real world usage can be 50 to 60% of your subscribed speed during peak hours like friday 11.30pm. Last night ~ 11.50pm my speed test show 500+ only. It is ok for me as i have SH at home. I can switch to SH when it is slow.

Actually depends on personal usage. Yes u may be right that the speed drops during peak hours. But if you do not use speed test to measure, and just continue using YouTube streaming, etc, you might not notice. Because it doesn't make your streaming hang, the video still plays smoothly though speed might drop.

I am on m1 and I game during peak hours at night. My gaming ping still 5ms during peak hours and no disconnection or lag/latency issues. I considered it very good already. Of course if you want to nitpick, yea maybe my 1gps plan speed might drop but it doesn't affect my day to day usage at all. So who cares hahaha..

jnashville

Banned
Reaction score
Any exclusive distributors or promoters now promoting m1 fibre with extra freebies? Have a internet line need to recontract by November. Do pm me if got any good kang tao

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually depends on personal usage. Yes u may be right that the speed drops during peak hours. But if you do not use speed test to measure, and just continue using YouTube streaming, etc, you might not notice. Because it doesn't make your streaming hang, the video still plays smoothly though speed might drop.

I am on m1 and I game during peak hours at night. My gaming ping still 5ms during peak hours and no disconnection or lag/latency issues. I considered it very good already. Of course if you want to nitpick, yea maybe my 1gps plan speed might drop but it doesn't affect my day to day usage at all. So who cares hahaha..

Sometime when I open my internet browser, there is no internet connection and there is a message saying there is a network interruption. I close my browser and re-open my browser again then I am connected to the internet. Sometime video streaming half way it started buffering for a few seconds then back to normal again. It is only sometime and not every day.

jnashville

Banned
Reaction score
Sometime when I open my internet browser, there is no internet connection and there is a message saying there is a network interruption. I close my browser and re-open my browser again then I am connected to the internet. Sometime video streaming half way it started buffering for a few seconds then back to normal again. It is only sometime and not every day.

oh never happen to me before. maybe your home network got interference? or your router gonna go kaput?

alot of factors, might not be m1 network causing issues might be your own home internal LAN network that can cause it.

i using cat 6 lan cable directly to my desktop, never experience any of this issues u mention.

mnemo_05

Reaction score
anyone experiencing slow connection right now? i feel that websites are a lot slower to load than usual.

im staying khatib area

foozgarden

Master Member
Reaction score
the asus router has 4x movable antenna.
which ones are the 2.4 ghz (longer range)
so i can receive signal in the toilet.. ?

these antenna are omni / bi or single directional?
i am trying to beam it to the toilet. but the drops to just one bar.
there is no line of sight. (one pillar + 1 door)

TROLLER

Master Member
Reaction score
Lol dulan siah... play game halfway die...

Customer service no answer also

From facebook, looks like down

PS: Nvm its up again

Last edited:

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the asus router has 4x movable antenna.
which ones are the 2.4 ghz (longer range)
so i can receive signal in the toilet.. ?

these antenna are omni / bi or single directional?
i am trying to beam it to the toilet. but the drops to just one bar.
there is no line of sight. (one pillar + 1 door)

By right do not touch the antenna at all. They should be standing upright. Just switch on the beam forming feature on the router and the router should do the job. Just put the router at a higher position. 5Ghz Wifi bandwidth should be 80Mhz instead of 40/80 Mhz. Your device wifi adaptor is important too. This AC1200G+ router is only good for small home like HDB and not for large home. Wifi mesh is best.

foozgarden

Master Member
Reaction score
direct ONT how much? using chrome/incognito mode

what speed does it show in windows network status? 1Gbps?

try using chrome/incognito mode

By right do not touch the antenna at all. They should be standing upright. Just switch on the beam forming feature on the router and the router should do the job. Just put the router at a higher position. 5Ghz Wifi bandwidth should be 80Mhz instead of 40/80 Mhz. Your device wifi adaptor is important too. This AC1200G+ router is only good for small home like HDB and not for large home. Wifi mesh is best.

mine is hdb. just that the router is in the room, instead of the living room.

wht is this "beam forming feature"? where do i turn it on?
first time i heard of such a feature.

isnt the 5Ghz wifi for shorter range , and the 2.4Ghz for longer range?

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mine is hdb. just that the router is in the room, instead of the living room.

wht is this "beam forming feature"? where do i turn it on?
first time i heard of such a feature.

isnt the 5Ghz wifi for shorter range , and the 2.4Ghz for longer range?
Your router is not at the correct location la. Please share floor plan.
Most ASUS router has Beamforming but not all, just go to the wifi setting to see whether it is there. 5Ghz Wifi bandwidth should be 80 Mhz and 2.4Ghz wifi should be 40 Mhz. Best to put the router at a higher position in the centre of the home. 5Ghz is for shorter range but should be able to cover your flat.

foozgarden

Master Member
Reaction score
Your router is not at the correct location la. Please share floor plan.
Most ASUS router has Beamforming but not all, just go to the wifi setting to see whether it is there. 5Ghz Wifi bandwidth should be 80 Mhz and 2.4Ghz wifi should be 40 Mhz. Best to put the router at a higher position in the centre of the home. 5Ghz is for shorter range but should be able to cover your flat.

i cannot put in the living room, coz i need the ports in my room for the tv box, nas.. ...
i wish i could put in the LR too.

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i cannot put in the living room, coz i need the ports in my room for the tv box, nas.. ...
i wish i could put in the LR too.
You can.
My room contain a data point connect to a powered hub.
The hub is a 8 ports and have 7 ports available for such:
AP Router, hdd server, desktop, 2 laptops, etc.
Beside my room have an additional data point for starhub IPTV.

It is best to have the main Router near to the ONT & TP.

jackycar

Master Member
Reaction score
Lol dulan siah... play game halfway die...

Customer service no answer also

From facebook, looks like down

PS: Nvm its up again

218am to 229am, ok la 10 mins LOL. Better than VQ $49 a month and outage every week

foozgarden

Master Member
Reaction score
You can.
My room contain a data point connect to a powered hub.
The hub is a 8 ports and have 7 ports available for such:
AP Router, hdd server, desktop, 2 laptops, etc.
Beside my room have an additional data point for starhub IPTV.

It is best to have the main Router near to the ONT & TP.

interesting. sounds like what i need.
i want to put the router beside the ONT (LR) also..

what exactly is this data point?
how did u put the data point in your room?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.