TAIPEI FOOD THREAD

xchampsx

Reaction score
The market izzit at Keelung port?
Years ago I had this experience with another driver, brought u to choose fresh seafood (got baby abalone) and den to another restaurant to cook.

not very sure where. but yes, its near keelung.
yeah thats what he did. the market had alot alot of seafood, we bought sea urchin, mussels, crab, fish, prawns, oyster, snails, squid. then he drove to a restaurant nearby. fantastic and cheap seafood meal.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last trip I went to 老宋記真善美牛肉麵 for beef noodle. so far the best i've eaten in taipei. The meat is very tender, and they also serve pig intestines, etc. it is a bit out of place though.

Another good food is 鄭記豬腳飯 between TMS and XMD. serves good braised pork, also got 东波肉 and milkfish too.

One more I like to frequent is 趙記菜肉餛飩大王 near ximen stn. If you like big wantons, this one is very big and nice. The soup base is the light type which is good for breakfast.

Last edited:

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tried once but didn't eat much. If going for long journey, i think can buy and try. But if like 1hr journey, i rather save my stomach space for other food (i was going to ruifang station to go jiufen)

ruifang stn is located at a T-traffic junction. There is a market at the end of the road. Got lots of nice food inside the market. At night there will also be stalls lining up the side of the road. I like the 龙风腿 sold in one of these stalls, cheap and good.

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Last trip I went to 老宋記真善美牛肉麵 for beef noodle. so far the best i've eaten in taipei. The meat is very tender, and they also serve pig intestines, etc. it is a bit out of place though.

Another good food is 鄭記豬腳飯 between TMS and XMD. serves good braised pork, also got 东波肉 and milkfish too.

One more I like to frequent is 趙記菜肉餛飩大王. If you like big wantons, this one is very big and nice. The soup base is the light type which is good for breakfast.

Thanks for sic! I've starred the wanton place on my gmap.. will go try next month coz it's very near my hotel! =:p

Whisper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ruifang stn is located at a T-traffic junction. There is a market at the end of the road. Got lots of nice food inside the market. At night there will also be stalls lining up the side of the road. I like the 龙风腿 sold in one of these stalls, cheap and good.
do u mean food push carts will come out near the wanton shop at night?

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
do u mean food push carts will come out near the wanton shop at night?

yah, push cart stalls along the road. the wanton shop is near cityinn ximen, not at ruifang.

Last edited:

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sic! I've starred the wanton place on my gmap.. will go try next month coz it's very near my hotel! =:p

i'd visit it when i stayed at cityinn ximen. it opens at 8am if i am not wrong. they sell noodle dishes as well.

Whisper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yah, push cart stalls along the road. the wanton shop is near cityinn ximen, not at ruifang.
I know which wanton store..the one beside some no signboard famous beef noodles. The wanton nice but I feel the soup salty so I spam a lot of pepper.

Gonna check out the push carts in Nov. :)

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
i'd visit it when i stayed at cityinn ximen. it opens at 8am if i am not wrong. they sell noodle dishes as well.

Ya I gonna stay there haha. I usually eat lu rou fan for breakfast (and for lunch as well :x) but I don't mind trying the wanton for some mornings.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I know which wanton store..the one beside some no signboard famous beef noodles. The wanton nice but I feel the soup salty so I spam a lot of pepper.

Gonna check out the push carts in Nov. :)

the push carts are at ruifang, not at wanton store there. there are at least 2 wanton stalls there. the 1st one not nice. the 2nd one is the one i recommend.

Whisper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the push carts are at ruifang, not at wanton store there. there are at least 2 wanton stalls there. the 1st one not nice. the 2nd one is the one i recommend.
Heng sia..arbo I camp at wrong place. :s13:

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I got eat hu xu zhang once before. I honestly dun find any diff. Slightly bigger bowl with slightly higher prices lor. I'll go for random stalls one instead, smaller bowl and cheaper, leave more stomach space for other good food.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.