I did not subscribe but I have been charged $6/week

oneboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro, I didnt send the BD msg to them, but saw it being sent automatically.
However when I send STOP BD to them they said its invalid. Called Singtel too, but nothing yet on their side as I called them immediately.

206zjnb.png

The fact is some apps have permission to access your sms service or even make telephone calls automatically. I highly recommend anyone who want to prevent apps subscribing things by themselves to download this app called "clueful". (Red icon with a moustache"). When you run the app it will easily show which app has permission to do what on your phone so you can review and do as necessarly. Subsequently when you install any new app it will automatically do a deep scan on the new app and report to you it's risks. If you install an app for example that is for wallpaper and clueful report that it can send sms or make calls and you know the app should not need these functions then simply uninstall before you even run it. Oh and the clueful app is free. And for android only... ios guys too bad...

rachdanon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My wife's phone got charged $80 last month and this totalling $160 for Premium Rate Services from Mobile Fusion that we didn't. I am going to call the number on the bill tomorrow.

koreanlover

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My wife's phone got charged $80 last month and this totalling $160 for Premium Rate Services from Mobile Fusion that we didn't. I am going to call the number on the bill tomorrow.

You got charged even when you didn't subscribe to the service ?

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got kana before... call the telco to wavie off.. they told me many ppl kana:(:(

chenaz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just kenna. $5 every week total of 35$ by simi fun videos. Called SingTel and they waived everything for me. I also ask them to block this kind of charges for me. So they add a simi Barrer to my phone lines. This service was free of charge.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just kenna. $5 every week total of 35$ by simi fun videos. Called SingTel and they waived everything for me. I also ask them to block this kind of charges for me. So they add a simi Barrer to my phone lines. This service was free of charge.

You might wanna considering signing PRS barring service? It's free and it prevents this instances.. I have 3 singtel lines at home and all 3 have subscribed to this..

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You might wanna considering signing PRS barring service? It's free and it prevents this instances.. I have 3 singtel lines at home and all 3 have subscribed to this..

o_o wah. I going to activate now also Liao. Didn't realise got this service. That's why I'm always skeptical of apps that requires permissions that they don't need. This one important sia, imagine those who are not so tech savvy like first time smartphone owners like your parents/grandparents. Download some game to play end up with all these nonsense charges.

Last edited:

chenaz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea. Then activated for me lio

Reaction score
$8 on my M1 bill.
"Macro Kiosk - MocoVids (Tel: 63387005)".
wtf is this ****. how the heck did they pull this off.
i'm gonna go to m1 tml. zzz

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
$8 on my M1 bill.
"Macro Kiosk - MocoVids (Tel: 63387005)".
wtf is this ****. how the heck did they pull this off.
i'm gonna go to m1 tml. zzz

My Singtel line also kena such thing before, called in to ask for the waiver and blocked all these.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.