Sony Xperia XZs

casshern

Master Member
Reaction score
im using, so far so good. nothing to complain about actually.

maybe only that it is difficult to find a fitting glass screen protector

Reaction score
im using, so far so good. nothing to complain about actually.

maybe only that it is difficult to find a fitting glass screen protector

I see, it seems like its not a popular phone. I went down to the Sony store at Bugis Junction and was told that the XZ and XZs actually share the same chassis design. However only Ringke Fusion has a proper casing for it. Nothing from Spigen or VRS.

Anyway I have shortlisted the XZs as one of the candidates to be my main phone against the LG V20 and Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge... So I like to know more about the XZs...

1) How is the battery life of the phone?
2) I heard the camera doesn't take good photos in low light conditions.. Is that true? Anybody around here have photos albums to share?
3) Any other issues like bootloop or lagginess after a period of using?

1-wind

Reaction score
The few XZs users mainly posted in the Xperia XZ thread since there isn't a dedicated thread. (Maybe the moderators can help to update the title to include XZs)

You can read that thread for more information.

I'm using XZs now. Do note that while the chassis design is the same, the camera lens ring is larger and protruding due to the new Motion Eye camera. Hence, the case may not fit. I got mine online and also bought one while in Japan for holiday. A lot of choices there.

1) Battery life: Can last a day without heavy gaming or draining game like Pokémon Go
2) Photos in low light are decent but resolved details not spectacular compared to Samsung Galaxy S7 or S8
3) No bootloop or lagginess (4GB RAM compared to XZ)

If you are considering LG V20 which is a large phone, then maybe the XZ Premium might be a better choice in terms of battery life and camera performance assuming you are ok with the larger footprint.

Last edited:

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score
Haha its faster than galaxy8 ~

https://youtu.be/0b6oxPeJas8

sunnycrowe

Reaction score
Batt life is fantastic... I chose xzs over premium due to the latter size which is bulky... Also I love the black model on xzs.... But after putting on sp n case, kinda covered the black beauty....

Screen is also v good n Clear (don't really need 4k) at only 70% brightness... Compared to my z4 tablet with 2k screen, the xzs screen is more bright, easy on eyes n ultra clear...

Lowlight photos are average, but daytime ones are really v good.

Last edited:

zepanda

Reaction score
Any issues with the phone? Thinking of getting it, but read that some people experienced camera distortion

mirrorpurple

Reaction score
Any issues with the phone? Thinking of getting it, but read that some people experienced camera distortion

The camera distortion is in some of the phones, might have been fixed in software updates already. If you have more budget, get the XZ1 or XZ Premium, but its up to you

zepanda

Reaction score
The camera distortion is in some of the phones, might have been fixed in software updates already. If you have more budget, get the XZ1 or XZ Premium, but its up to you

thanks, good to know that it's probably fixed..
seems more sensible to go for XZ1 with the newer chipset and the 3d scan feature looks interesting..the only thing putting me off is the price difference between XZs and XZ1. mobile shops selling XZs around $530, but preorder for XZ1 is $898...
:(

omelet

Reaction score
seems more sensible to go for XZ1 with the newer chipset and the 3d scan feature looks interesting..the only thing putting me off is the price difference between XZs and XZ1. mobile shops selling XZs around $530, but preorder for XZ1 is $898...

SD835 + UFS (XZ1, XZP) is a noticeable speed upgrade from the SD820+eMMC (XZ, XZs) combo.

mirrorpurple

Reaction score

are you gonna buy it from Sony directly or from Starhub/M1/Singtel?

bigbadber

Banned
Reaction score
Planning to buy from mobile shops, without contract

I'm guessing you've been holding off buying a new phone for a while?

Why not wait a bit more and get the XZ1?

I believe that after it reaches mobile shops, the price should hover around $800 which would make it $200 dearer than the XZs

Cos I wanted to get the XZs but now I'm glad that I resisted and finally a new phone was announced and I have the option to buy this XZ1

I'm planning to buy it from mobile shops too, not getting from telcos since I've recently converted my mobile plan to a SIM ONLY plan.

Between a $600 XZs and a $800 XZ1, I would rather invest on the latter. But I might get it a month or two after others cos I wanna see what the new owners have to say or if there's any defects

zepanda

Reaction score
but yeah, 300+ more dollars for HDR screen, better chipset, complete metal body, better selfie-cam and longer android OS support, I would take the XZ1.

I'm guessing you've been holding off buying a new phone for a while?

Why not wait a bit more and get the XZ1?

I believe that after it reaches mobile shops, the price should hover around $800 which would make it $200 dearer than the XZs

Cos I wanted to get the XZs but now I'm glad that I resisted and finally a new phone was announced and I have the option to buy this XZ1

I'm planning to buy it from mobile shops too, not getting from telcos since I've recently converted my mobile plan to a SIM ONLY plan.

Between a $600 XZs and a $800 XZ1, I would rather invest on the latter. But I might get it a month or two after others cos I wanna see what the new owners have to say or if there's any defects

Yeah have been eyeing a few phones, but now xz1 seems to be worth the extra price, think I'll monitor the price first :s22:

1-wind

Reaction score

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya xz1 more future proof due to the UFS ram vs the older emmc much faster

Not yet, Sony's priority will be XZ Premium as it is both flagship and with SD835.

XZ1 street price is about $700~ definitely be more future-proof compared to XZs about $5XX~.

Ultimately depends on your usage needs and if longer software support is a concern... as XZ1 is newer.

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Or wait till the next Xperia with bezelless hahahhah in 2018

But Kudo to sony to launch new phone with Oreo Liao look at samsung still slow

1-wind

Reaction score
Realized that the hotspot function is not working after the latest update build 41.2.A.7.65 which was working perfectly fine previously...

Anyone else experienced this issue?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.