[Consolidated] Apple Music Discussions

PsYkOoOoO

Reaction score
iCloud Music Library Duplication Problem

Thank you so much for your reply!

I have decided, instead of going with another streaming service, I am putting my head down to give this another shot.

I have attached a screen shot of one of the main problems I am experiencing with iTunes with iCloud Music Library turned on. As you can see, this is a screen shot of an album called The Devil's Walk by Apparat. Within the album, there are duplicates of each song: one that says "Removed from iCloud" and the other says "Waiting". There are also some that says "Download". I understand that "Update iCloud Music Library" should fix the "Waiting" issues but, having tried it a few times, the "Waiting" cloud still appears all over iTunes. Songs with "Removed from iCloud" are, as the name suggests, not synced up with the cloud at all and, thus, I am unable to listen to them on my iPhone. This is strange, because some albums are obviously available on Apple Music, but it is not being matched with my local copy.

Is there a way to rectify this?

Current Status:
1. iCloud Music Library turned on for both iMac and iPhone.
2. I also want to point out that, due to storage constraints, I synced only checked songs in my library. This meant that there are many songs that are unchecked, simply because I didn't and couldn't sync the entire library with my iPhone (I have too many songs and they don't all fit). Does this have anything to do with the situation?

34ns3np.jpg

Reaction score
did u switch apple id? iirc once logged out, it will delete all downloaded music...

no i didn't switch id or log off.

i tried lots and lots of online method and all didn't work.

But funnily enough, once i got to my parent's place and login to their wifi, my song list came back. dunno what to think of this. I almost unsubscribed from apple music yesterday. If apple told me to go and find and download all the songs again (which some users were told), i will tell them to go screw themselves.

13nc13ryan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no i didn't switch id or log off.

i tried lots and lots of online method and all didn't work.

But funnily enough, once i got to my parent's place and login to their wifi, my song list came back. dunno what to think of this. I almost unsubscribed from apple music yesterday. If apple told me to go and find and download all the songs again (which some users were told), i will tell them to go screw themselves.

sorry for noob question.. is apple music free? i actually wanted to download a few songs and listen..

ccltree

Reaction score
I've been using Apple Music since, i think, day 1. Quite satisfying about it especially it provide a wide range of classic albums.

I have a stupid question here. I'd like to extract some albums to my SD card so that I can listen it in my car without worrying about streaming data or storage space. But it seems that there is no "official" way of doing it?

I can take only music I owned. Any suggestion of getting Apple Music out and use it on PC?

urbanturban

Master Member
Reaction score
I've been using Apple Music since, i think, day 1. Quite satisfying about it especially it provide a wide range of classic albums.

I have a stupid question here. I'd like to extract some albums to my SD card so that I can listen it in my car without worrying about streaming data or storage space. But it seems that there is no "official" way of doing it?

I can take only music I owned. Any suggestion of getting Apple Music out and use it on PC?

I think it is not possible; even on Apple's own iPod. It has to be at least an iPod touch.

kreja

Master Member
Reaction score
Are there still shops that repair old iPod touch? I think mine was a 3rd gen.
cannot on, cannot charge, connector only heat up.

TIA

3hubb3r

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
does it have personalised playlist? i can't find it anywhere although they claim they have

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U mean auto gen playlist or u manual it
Before I left to Spotify on singtel free streaming I was on Apple Music its good if u know what u want its music range is much more than Spotify but it's not as friendly as Spotify

Too bad Apple Music don't offer free streaming on mobile data on singtel music as of now even t can DL unlimited offline music vs Spotify got a offline limit

Unless u got a epic big capacity to DL all offline

does it have personalised playlist? i can't find it anywhere although they claim they have

Endless09

Reaction score
Dear All,

I'm keen to subscribe to Apple Music but perhaps I need some opinions should I go ahead. Questions like:

1) I know that there is a huge range of music. Do they have chinese music to choose from?
2) Does the Radio function able to tune in to the local radion frequency?
3) Payment is either by CC or iTunes. Does it mean that when I subscribe and I opted for CC, it will be deducted monthly thru CC?

Many thanks for my noobies questions.

tec_geek

Reaction score
Dear All,

I'm keen to subscribe to Apple Music but perhaps I need some opinions should I go ahead. Questions like:

1) I know that there is a huge range of music. Do they have chinese music to choose from?
2) Does the Radio function able to tune in to the local radion frequency?
3) Payment is either by CC or iTunes. Does it mean that when I subscribe and I opted for CC, it will be deducted monthly thru CC?

Many thanks for my noobies questions.

1. Yes. There are Chinese songs to choose from. If I’m not wrong, your iTunes account country/region has to be Singapore (probably any other Asian countries).

2. The radio function isn’t the radio frequency such as FM/AM radio to listen to local stations, but rather, it’s a based on different types of genres of songs, filtered down to the different categories of the genres as a radio station. And it uses Wi-Fi or a data connection to stream.

Basically, it’s a list (that we wouldn’t know) of entire possible songs for that genre and category on shuffled mode.

sQXbrK9.jpg

EfMGcIM.jpg

3. If I’m not mistaken, they would prioritise the iTunes credits as the first mode of payment, until the credits has been used up, then it will use the CC.

Hope it clarifies your doubts.

tec_geek

Reaction score
Data-free streaming on Apple Music for Singtel subscribers
https://www.straitstimes.com/tech/s...eaming-on-apple-music-for-singtel-subscribers

SINGAPORE - Local music lovers on the Apple Music service will be able to stream music without fear of busting their monthly mobile cap starting tomorrow (May 31), if they are Singtel subscribers.

The telco is offering data-free music streaming for their postpaid mobile customers, which will cost $9.98 per month. Users will have to subscribe to Apple Music through Singtel to get this feature. Existing customers of both Singtel and Apple Music will have to link their Apple Music account to their Singtel number to activate data-free streaming.

New and recontracting customers who sign up for the data-free Apple Music service will get a a free six-month subscription. It will be available on iOS and Android devices as well as the Apple Watch Series 3 smartwatch.

"We're excited that this latest collaboration with Apple will allow Singtel customers to be the first in Singapore to experience data-free Apple Music," said Mr Yuen Kuan Moon, Singtel's chief executive of the Singapore consumer business.

Apple Music carries a catalogue of more than 45 million songs and lets users listen to their music downloads from its iTunes store as well. Users also get access to a daily mix of recommended music according to their preferences and radio stations spanning all genres.

The $9.98 monthly subscription is the usual price for an Apple Music individual plan. Other music streaming services like Spotify are usually offered a discount when subscribed through Singtel.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.