URGENT! cant decide between QC35 or MDR-1000x

Samfreak

Reaction score
Hi, I'm deciding between the QC35 and WH1000 to replace my QC15.
Noticed some of you buy from Expansys/EV Tech. Are their stock authentic? Brand new and not refurbished?

daohuay

Reaction score
Noticed some of you buy from Expansys/EV Tech. Are their stock authentic? Brand new and not refurbished?

its authentic bnib. can be register via bose website.

symbiote28

Reaction score
just bought the Sony WH-1000XM2 from Stereo. saleperson told me to full charge 8 hours but manual only says 4. anyone didn't charge full 8 hours?

sapporo

Reaction score
Buying Sony Headphone in Japan

I will be going to Japan later this month. Did a quick check online and saw that Sony 1000XM2 is much cheaper than in SG. Will the Japan set be covered under warranty in Singapore?

crapp0

Master Member
Reaction score

From most of the reviews, they mentioned that the Sony WH1000 is a better deal than the QC35, similar ANC but better overall sound quality compared to the QC35's.

cracker

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
took the plunge and bought the Sony WH1000mx2.

Prior to this unit, I was using the Plantronics Backbeat Pro 2 (PB2 for short) since Jan.

First impressions:
1) The Sony set is lighter than the PB2
2) The bass response on the PB2 is very strong.. I am not into bass heavy songs but I will like my headset to have the ooomph when the song/tracks demand it. There is an app that be used to adjust the Sony sound and the response is great.
3) Finally the noise cancelling capability of the Sony is definitely >> that of PB2.

If noise cancelling is the priority, Bose QC35 and Sony wh1000mx2 are 2 of the best choices at the moment... QC35 is definitely lighter and more comfortable if you intend to wear it for a long period..( 3 or 4 hours without removing the set). but I prefer the audio quality of the Sony set.

Plan_C

Reaction score
I will be going to Japan later this month. Did a quick check online and saw that Sony 1000XM2 is much cheaper than in SG. Will the Japan set be covered under warranty in Singapore?

No. Japan set is Japan only warranty. If u want local SG warranty, u need to get the international export set which cost more, but still a bit cheaper than in SG.

Pherenike

Master Member
Reaction score
Also trying to decide between these two headphones.. So difficult :s22: now lowest price on Qoo10 is $349 for Sony MDR-1000X and $419 for Bose QC35 (series I)

fzhfzh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would choose qc35. I got a sennheiser momentum 2 for the sound quality. But regretted because comfort is a lot more important especially when wearing for the whole day. Momentum is very comfortable, but still no where as comfortable as qc35 when wearing for a long time.

If you want sound quality, get a audiophile headphone. For wireless noise cancelling headphone, comfort and noise cancelling ability is a lot more important.

wikky

Reaction score
If undecided, can visit audio shops or Harvey Norman to try out.
I saw QC35 at Parkway Parade HN and tried it.
Didn't like the cabin pressure feeling (may take days to get used to it).
Never tried NC before.

Slightly off topic [1], there are lots of pple complaining on Bose forum, that the right speaker of their QC25 has no sound coming out. And many of them said this happened after the warranty had expired.

Slightly off topic [2], also tried the Sennheiser 4.50 BTNC.
The right speaker emitted a piercing shriek whenever I turned on the NC while the headphone was on my head (electronic feedback).

Right there and then decided not to ever buy NC headphones unless my monthly pay is > 5K. Lol.

rza29

Master Member
Reaction score
Which shops to recommend buying Sony Wireless headphones from? I want to get 1 pair before Dec but currently EVtech no stock n yest Lazada got 1 set at $489 is gone too. Blame it on the stoopid Fevo card which is taking ages to resolve the top up issue

smolmarron

Reaction score
Which shops to recommend buying Sony Wireless headphones from? I want to get 1 pair before Dec but currently EVtech no stock n yest Lazada got 1 set at $489 is gone too. Blame it on the stoopid Fevo card which is taking ages to resolve the top up issue

Import for Amazon US if you want since they're having a promotion, don't know if it more cheaper and local prices.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.