Ipad vs lenovo tab?

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depends. Is your work or school environment biased more towards iOS or Android ? If it doesn't matter, then it becomes a personal preference. Another thing to consider is, iPads in general have better battery life compared to Android tablets.

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Go for iPad. Assuming you're talking about the new iPad 2017, it has one of the fastest SoC on any tablet right now and you're guaranteed software update unlike Lenovo tab where you might not get any major android update pass the current version eg 6.0. Another thing to take into consideration is OS. 1 is android and the other is iOS. Gotta pick 1 that you're comfortable with.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well, if can wait, then the Tab4 Plus 8.0 might be a good choice. SD625 + 4GB RAM + 64GB ROM + (up to) 256GB mSD expansion slot + Nougat, what's not to like? For sure it'd be cheaper than the iPad....

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Somehow, I still prefer Windows over iOS when it comes to productivity. iOS have come a long way and slowly becoming a more versatile OS, but still can't beat the versatility of Windows.

Coffee_Addict

Reaction score
By now the iPad air price would've dropped alot alr. Can consider it since it's still a quality product

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For work and school better go for Android Tablet or Windows tablet, iPad more for game and entertainment also high cost compare to android tablet.

I disagree that Android tablets are better for productivity. In fact, most Android tablets are using a 16:9 screen which makes it more suited for movies. For productivity, my preference would be Windows, iOS, and finally Android. A good Android tablet is actually not cheap if you look around.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup agree that the best Android tablets are really very expensive... at this point, there's really only Samsung's Galaxy Tab S2 & S3 to consider... no other company makes anything in the same space... even Sony has dropped out of making top end tablets... all other Android tablets are basically over-priced and not as powerful or smooth... your Android phone will perform better...

Which then leaves the iPad and a Windows tablet... there are hardly any Windows tablets of the form factor like an iPad or a Galaxy Tab S3... so while the Windows tablet is hands down the best suited for Microsoft Office, it's a bit more cumbersome to use...

Which leaves the iPad... and it's a castrated Microsoft Office experience that will frustrate you no end if you're looking for the speed and flexibility of a desktop version...

Therefore after all my considerations... I will bear with the bulk and get the lightest and fastest possible Windows tablet...

Try Lenovo's Miix line... they're pretty good... from the entry level 320 to mid 510 to the upper mid 520 and finally the top end 720...

Looking at what you asked for, I presume you're looking at the Miix 320 price point of $599 for tablet only...

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Go for iPad. Assuming you're talking about the new iPad 2017, it has one of the fastest SoC on any tablet right now and you're guaranteed software update unlike Lenovo tab where you might not get any major android update pass the current version eg 6.0. Another thing to take into consideration is OS. 1 is android and the other is iOS. Gotta pick 1 that you're comfortable with.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT

iOS upgrade to make the device slower like the recent case?
Anyway, comment is right. Lenovo may likely ended up the version of Android version you get till end life. But in general, Lenovo upgrade is more timely vs other Chinese brand like Huawei.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.