https://www.razerzone.com/mobile/razer-phone

Key specs:

• 120Hz 5.7" IGZO (Sharp made) screen
  • Snapdragon 835
  • 4,000 mAh battery (wtf)
  • 8gb RAM
  • 64gb storage
  • Using Nova launcher

Looks like a really nice phone. It will be retailing for 699USD.

chesterqw

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
They included a USB-C DAC adapter because no headphone jack.

Gorilla glass 3 :(

The price should be competitive tho.

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looks like a non-plastic nextbit robin, not surprising since they acquired them. But can it survive Jerryrig Everything? :s13:

chocoblitz

Reaction score
Anyone one has insider news if the phone will be released here?

Or anyone considering importing from the US?

Vulpix

Reaction score
Anyone one has insider news if the phone will be released here?

Or anyone considering importing from the US?

Singapore side still no update. The page still not even updated to show the phone. :s13:

omelet

Reaction score
Hmm..judging from the mesh...the entire top and bottom bezels are speakers? :eek:

Also since the glass does not extend all the way to the edge of the phone mean this could be more drop resistance?

GoDSLaYeR

Reaction score
Anyone want to pre-guess what sort of issue this time for this flagship type phone?

So far every phones have its Achilles Heels. Just wondering what about this one

Vulpix

Reaction score
Anyone want to pre-guess what sort of issue this time for this flagship type phone?

So far every phones have its Achilles Heels. Just wondering what about this one

Probably takes bad photos or something. :s13:

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
A lot of Razer fan boy might get this. Only thing nice about this phone is the display and nothing else i feel.

Not saying 4000mAh is not good but if you see Huawei 4000mAh battery can't even hold up to OP5 battery, then u really have serious doubt on other 4000mAh battery.

8GB... need so much memory? End of the day it's still using a 835 chipset. 3 more months later and 845 will be here.

But then, still pretty awesome for them to release a smart phone. They should anyway and buying over nextbit already tell people they are serious.

Also, i just feel the launch date... isn't that ideal. Right after google Pixel 2 and Apple iPhone X release mean lesser people will take note of this phone.

Last edited:

Vulpix

Reaction score
A lot of Razer fan boy might get this. Only thing nice about this phone is the display and nothing else i feel.

Not saying 4000mAh is not good but if you see Huawei 4000mAh battery can't even hold up to OP5 battery, then u really have serious doubt on other 4000mAh battery.

8GB... need so much memory? End of the day it's still using a 835 chipset. 3 more months later and 845 will be here.

But then, still pretty awesome for them to release a smart phone. They should anyway and buying over nextbit already tell people they are serious.

Also, i just feel the launch date... isn't that ideal. Right after google Pixel 2 and Apple iPhone X release mean lesser people will take note of this phone.

I'm adapting a wait and see for this phone. It's Razer's first phone despite them acquiring a phone company, too risky to buy without a review. The 120hz screen is what I'm really looking forward to because it will reduce touch latency significantly.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
I'm adapting a wait and see for this phone. It's Razer's first phone despite them acquiring a phone company, too risky to buy without a review.

Well... reviews are out online. :s13:

To be honest... i will rather get a pixel 2 or 2 XL over this. Or the upcoming OP5T or the HTC U11+.

chocoblitz

Reaction score

I'm not a Razer fan and I'm also thinking about getting one because they get the hardware spec and price right.

Mate 10 is using Krin 970 and early Android 8 so it might not be fully optimized yet. OP5 has same 835 as Razer Phone so with 4000mah, it should still have better battery life at 60hz.

The pixel 2 and ipx are not really in the same target audience to even worth mentioning.

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The last phone from nextbit (Now acquired by Razer) catastrophically failed at the smartphone chassis weakest area, side volume button and battery end off point).

Better hold your horses.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Well, the pixel 2 cost US649 and the razer cost US699, pretty close.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.