Is weight lifting glove and wrist band for gay only?

galapogos

Reaction score
Consider of buying it but my friend say is for gay

He probably means for people afraid of hard work and/or afraid of scars. Saying derogatory things about gays is kinda offensive.

qyc_91

Reaction score
What a question, I used to gym with the glove, but now find it easier to grip without the glove. there will be calluses on the certain part of your palm no matter what. Wrist band helps you to keep hold the grip tighter so you can push harder. It's training logic not about for gay or not.

Honeydewz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't need to care about such comments when i cycle i wear a helmet my friends also said gay...

monk..

Master Member
Reaction score

did use glove when first started but it is definitely easier to grip without glove so end up not using the glove ever since...
when you lift, you will get calluses...
as for wrist band, i hope you are referring to those that have strap to help you pull or hold the grip.
if you are talking about the "other type", no comment as i seriously dont know what those wristbands are for...:s22:

BeaRzwalken

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Is not about gay or not

is about how much your grip can handle.

if you grip cannot keep up with the rest of the muscles den using those items is good as you can complete your workout.

but of cos you dun use it straightaway, if you plan to train up the grip as well. U can use it when your grip is totally gone.

people can say what they want, you know yourself best you train to improve and be better so why is there a need to care about all these?

Bing88

Reaction score
if you worry about such stuff, you're probably gay already, so whats the difference?

If i am gay why would i worry? Make sense? Or you talk without sense?
Probaly you are a gay that want to seek for some gay attention hahaha

Insatiable_creat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sweaty palms... :/ Helps in my grip. Don't want to risk having the weights fall on me. Don't really care about what the other users think as long as you are trying your best in the gym.

Though it feels somewhat weird if I forget to bring them along after wash. Might become a psychological barrier to me in the future without them.. Lol...

galapogos

Reaction score
Gloves are typically used for protection, rather than for grip strength. In fact, it will likely reduce your grip strength coz of the barrier between your palm and the bar making the bar artificially thicker than it actually is.

If your grip is weak and you're going for high reps, use straps, not gloves.

Aaagogo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
your hand after go gym liao, hold your own dick that time, u think rough? if rough, go buy gloves, if not rough = not lifting heavy enough, lift heavier weights, then ask yourself the same question. rinse and repeat.

if your friend really said that, than surprise!!!, your friend is 100%gay, super closet christian gay

ralliart_ray

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
fUfBMp6.jpg

stanleyzrs85

Reaction score
I don't think it has anything to do with sexual preference, however, I thin it is a bit useless. I rather use chalk

galapogos

Reaction score
How much i do? You mean the number of rep and set or the weight?
Usually when people ask you how much you lift, it refers to your 1RM on those lifts, in this case being the squat, bench and deadlift. If you've never tested your 1RM, you can qualify with something you've done before, e.g. "my max for 3 reps for the squat is 150kg".

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.