TV repair discussion thread II [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi there, i'm having the same issue as you now for my toshiba LED tv. Can i know what was the solution for you in the end? i can't find the toshiba number to contact also.

First thing to check is to see if USB port is physically demaged. If your TV has more then 1 port, compare them otherwise use the PC USB port as a reference.

stephontan

Reaction score
There are 2 USB ports and both looked the same so i can't tell if its physically damaged.

First thing to check is to see if USB port is physically demaged. If your TV has more then 1 port, compare them otherwise use the PC USB port as a reference.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi there, i'm having the same issue as you now for my toshiba LED tv. Can i know what was the solution for you in the end? i can't find the toshiba number to contact also.

Forget about repairing Tv unless original part.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There are 2 USB ports and both looked the same so i can't tell if its physically damaged.

Look into the socket and inner part of the socket. There should be 4 flat pins. Check if they are demanged or get pushed in.

nightyknight

Reaction score
Look into the socket and inner part of the socket. There should be 4 flat pins. Check if they are demanged or get pushed in.

Hi I am having the same problem with the Toshiba tv, look into the usb socket and doesn't see any damaged or pins getting push in. Weird thing is nothing is plugged into the usb socket and yet the annoying error msg appears. Any other solutions? Anyone managed to solve this problem please help.

Last edited:

kun1he2

Master Member
Reaction score

Hi I am having the same problem with the Toshiba tv, look into the usb socket and doesn't see any damaged or pins getting push in. Weird thing is nothing is plugged into the usb socket and yet the annoying error msg appears. Any other solutions? Anyone managed to solve this problem please help.

Perhaps plugging in a dispensable thumbdrive may help?

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Try plug in some USB drive to each USB socket see if the TV can detect it.

nightyknight

Reaction score
Perhaps plugging in a dispensable thumbdrive may help?

Try plug in some USB drive to each USB socket see if the TV can detect it.

Thank you both for the reply I try plugging in a thumbdrive still get the error. Try plugging in a air mouse TVs was able to detect it but still get the error. The problem is I can at most watch the tv normally for less than 15mins for the error to appear and the TVs just hang dead there even pressing remote also useless have to switch off the power.

The error is as follows usb over current status detected. Please remove all usb devices from the TV and restart the TV by removing the ac power.

Lucky123

Master Member
Reaction score
Happy user of Mr Ho's service here. Just got my warraty expired tv repaired at very reasonable cost. Highly recommended!

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you both for the reply I try plugging in a thumbdrive still get the error. Try plugging in a air mouse TVs was able to detect it but still get the error. The problem is I can at most watch the tv normally for less than 15mins for the error to appear and the TVs just hang dead there even pressing remote also useless have to switch off the power.

The error is as follows usb over current status detected. Please remove all usb devices from the TV and restart the TV by removing the ac power.

Looks like you have a real electronics issue. Chances is you have to get the board replaced.

nightyknight

Reaction score
Looks like you have a real electronics issue. Chances is you have to get the board replaced.

Hmmm. Is it worth it to replace a new board or just get a new tv? And Toshiba has pull out of sg not sure if they still have technical support here, I try searching online but can't seems to find any, anyone knows?

rockyan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
7xrUcJ0.jpg

guys my tv vertical lines.Can be repair??:s22:

jazz2005

Master Member
Reaction score
I have a Samsung SMART tv that has audio but no pic. Anyone has the same issue? How much would it cost to repair?

kean1978

Reaction score
My Samsung TV cannot turn on and no standby red light.
Ask a few shop and they said need to assess onsite if change board cost $160 or more.
At the end, I called the Mr Ho to come my place and fixed the power board issue. He spent about an hour to check and replaced some faulty components on the power board.
Mr Ho is very patient and details person. Very satisfy.
Total damage is $90. And hopefully after repair and last for a few years more.

vintage

Reaction score
23929133727_be1186cf9b_c.jpg

multiple horizontal lines appearing on my LG 55 LA740.

anyone encounter this issue before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.