DIY Enthusiast Discussion Thread - DIY AMPS, Custom Cables & More

madcap386

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How about laser cut acrylic box? If you want, you can make the drawing on A4 and I can help you to cut it with laser. And if it were designed well with a good seal, maybe you can fill the box with mineral oil.

Thanks for the offer man. :) Filled with mineral oil.. hmm.. interesting idea. :o

noobstone

Reaction score
Anyone here wiling to help me recable my Flare R2A, original cable spoilt near jack, decide to just go for a custom cable as original cable feels weak and thin. Do PM.

seraphneo

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone knows if travelfotografer is still providing headphone modification services?

I am currently looking for him to mod my beyerdynamic headphones.

Thanks

Last edited:

generalwu

Reaction score
Hi All, I'm looking for someone or a place that can do customized audio cable.

I'm looking for a 30cm 3.5mm male to female sliver cable (Extension cable) with braid sleeves using a thin 3.5mm jack head adapter that can fit most phone casing. Does LHS do 3.5mm cables?

Thanks. :)

xuan87

Reaction score
Hi All, I'm looking for someone or a place that can do customized audio cable.

I'm looking for a 30cm 3.5mm male to female sliver cable (Extension cable) with braid sleeves using a thin 3.5mm jack head adapter that can fit most phone casing. Does LHS do 3.5mm cables?

Thanks. :)

Check out Sg Audio Hive too. I've dealt with him too and overall nice guy, good workmanship. Price is on the cheaper side too.

crazypaladin

Reaction score
Anyone knows where I can find 4.4mm FEMALE to 2.5 mm MALE TRRS adapter? What I can find online, eBay etc are 4.4 mm MALE to 2.5 mm FEMALE adapter...:s22:

smolmarron

Reaction score
Anyone knows where I can find 4.4mm FEMALE to 2.5 mm MALE TRRS adapter? What I can find online, eBay etc are 4.4 mm MALE to 2.5 mm FEMALE adapter...:s22:

If you're really crazy you might fancy custom adapters made by the likes of Double Helix Cables, Norne Audio, etc, etc.

Buzztiger

Reaction score
Anyone buying stuff from element14 or mouser ? I missed out some parts in my last order. Can I tompang when u order ?

matique

Reaction score
diymod

Anyone know anyone that still does diymod stuff? Looking into placing internal caps into my diy mod. I can replace housing, battery, sd card replacement myself but dont know much about capacitors.

Abletron001

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Finally after many yrs of procrastination, I got it done

6pV1jrR.jpg

NBXTKhB.jpg

gkMQ58s.jpg

R7vWHhK.jpg

SXfcGm0.jpg

surfbuyer

Reaction score
Anyone can help to make or recommend where can i get custom audio cable with mic? One end is 3.5mm male and the other end is 2.5mm male to attach to Audio Technica ATH-M40x Headphones and iphone 6? Previously, bought 2-3 such cables online and they only lasted a few months. All went soundless in one ear :( Thanks in advance :D

Last edited:

surfbuyer

Reaction score
I have a ATH earpiece like yours and the wire near one ear connector is now broken. May I ask to re-cable like yours, what would i need to get? Is soldering required? Thanks

SsWSBKk.jpg

Showing off my first DIY re-cable! Finally re-cabled my ATH-CKS90i with pure silver and Acrolink 3.5mm TRS Plug! Got my materials from KOBA @ Chinatown!

Cheers! :s13::s13::s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.