Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

v1hypersg

Reaction score
hi,

looking for wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS,

meaning like air pods, with just 2 small things to put into your ear without any interconnecting cables,

thinking between the sony WF-1000X but seems like have connection issues and not so cheap

criteria :

battery life at least 5 hrs

water proof or resistant, not going to swim with it but if dirty or get caught in rain, dont have to worry,

sound quality, currently use SHURE 215, more bass person

connection : should have strong connect so that wont keep drop and affect your listening experience,

can anyone share their experience of current ear buds on the market ?

thanks !

Arunprabha

Reaction score
I have a brand new Jaybird run for sale. Let me know if you are interested. Latest pair of earbuds from jaybird.

Greenworm

Reaction score
Try Erato?

I have a pair of apollo for a year already and i must say it’s worth my $499!

Battery life after one year is going at 3hrs on full blast!.

Sound wise definitely cannot compare against a wired buds in terms of volume. Full blast is just nice for me tho.

Sound quality is really subjected, vocal is very clear, musical instruments is very clear but the bass not as powerful compared to my wired bud.

Price is on the steep side but i really like the small little design the bud is.

Gadgetfreakloh

Reaction score
I have a pair of apollo for a year already and i must say it’s worth my $499!

Battery life after one year is going at 3hrs on full blast!.

Sound wise definitely cannot compare against a wired buds in terms of volume. Full blast is just nice for me tho.

Sound quality is really subjected, vocal is very clear, musical instruments is very clear but the bass not as powerful compared to my wired bud.

Price is on the steep side but i really like the small little design the bud is.

I have used most of the truly wireless till now. Erato Apollo 7 sound is good. Sony WF1000x has connection issue on right ear at the start. But it is rock solid after a few battery charges. WF1000x sound quality is better than Apollo 7. It also has noise cancelling n ambient sound. Current price of wF1000x $279 on Qoo10 and Apollo 7 $329 at Harvey Norman factory outlet at Viva business park. Just my 2 cents.

v1hypersg

Reaction score
so your recommendation is either erato apollo 7 or sony wf-1000x ?

any others you would highly recommend ?

Gadgetfreakloh

Reaction score
For sound quality. So far the better one are Apollo 7, Earin M1 and Sony WF1000X. Apollo 7 and Earin M1 support Apt-X but Sony has very nice sound stage and noise cancelling. Current favorite is Sony WF100X.

However if you are willing to wait. The upcoming Earin M2 will be good. Current M1 has good sound quality but connection is wonky to the right earbud.

The new Samsung gear icon X is also not bad and has 5 hour battery life plus fitness tracker, heartbeat, build in 4GB storage and ambient sound for $279?

I have not gotten the new gear icon x as the old one will give me a ear ache when using them. So i will pass this.

Think now the best value Truly wireless now will be the new gear icon X.

v1hypersg

Reaction score
got complaint about sony wf-1000x, wonder if should take the risk ?

I refunded my WF-1000X after 5 days of use, because of 2 big glaring issues:
-1 to 2 sound delay on everything done on phone.
-Intermittent sound cut for few seconds to a minute. Movement seems to affect the stability of the connection. But sometimes I standing still in MRT also get sound cut.

Did anyone in Sony test this product before releasing it? Like holy ****.

Anyway, I went to Stereo in Plaza Sing to test WI-1000X, if it exhibit the same issues.
Excellent sound quality. No sound delay. Tried swinging my phone, no sound cut off. Then I bought it. Used in train, connection very stable, no sound cut off at all. Max volume also seems to be a little higher. Very happy with this WI-1000X

Gadgetfreakloh

Reaction score
got complaint about sony wf-1000x, wonder if should take the risk ?

What is amazing about WF-1000x is it is the first truly wireless earbud with noise cancelling. There is no doubt a 0.5 sec video sync lag. But the Apollo 7 and Earin m1 also have this lag. So far only Bragi dash and Sol republic airamp do not have this lag. So is a give and take on truly wireless earbud.

My dream earbud is the Bragi dash pro but it has long lead time due to low production volume.

fatty2641

Reaction score
Bragi the Headphone. I have a pair, works like a dream, no connection loss since does not use Bluetooth between the earbuds (uses proprietary magnetic technology). Used many Bluetooth headsets for my sports but they always fail. This one hasn't!

v1hypersg

Reaction score
Where can try or demo the bragi the headphone ?

Is it better to get the bragi dash pro even though you don’t use the advance function ? Is it available locally ?

NeonX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have a b&o e8 for sale, its not bad but the b&o signature not really for me

v1hypersg

Reaction score
cannot resist the temptation and went down to harvey normal factory outlet and bought the erato apollo 7

only 4 rose gold and 3 silver left and i bought 1 silver,

i also bought the product care which increase the warranty from 1 year by distributor and 2nd and 3rd year by harvey norman,

Greenworm

Reaction score
cannot resist the temptation and went down to harvey normal factory outlet and bought the erato apollo 7

only 4 rose gold and 3 silver left and i bought 1 silver,

i also bought the product care which increase the warranty from 1 year by distributor and 2nd and 3rd year by harvey norman,

Welcome aboard the wireless budtrain buddy!

Do take sometime to gt use to the controls

The switch On sequel you will first hear “power on” for both buds followed by it Connecting to phone and lastly both buds will connect together. I found out that the headset connections might take around 3-5 secs.

Buds quick control are roughly,

Press and release quickly to pause/play

Press and hold for 2sec on right skip to the next song, same for left if u wanna go back to previous song.

For siri, first pause song and double click right button.

Do feedback to us how you find the buds!

Since i’m also a Apollo user myself, i’ll try to help if you encounter and issues since the user manual quite hard to understand!

etcl

Reaction score
Welcome aboard the wireless budtrain buddy!

Do take sometime to gt use to the controls

The switch On sequel you will first hear “power on” for both buds followed by it Connecting to phone and lastly both buds will connect together. I found out that the headset connections might take around 3-5 secs.

Buds quick control are roughly,

Press and release quickly to pause/play

Press and hold for 2sec on right skip to the next song, same for left if u wanna go back to previous song.

For siri, first pause song and double click right button.

Do feedback to us how you find the buds!

Since i’m also a Apollo user myself, i’ll try to help if you encounter and issues since the user manual quite hard to understand!

long time user . i find that the other party sometimes have a slight issue hearing what i said when i answer a call with it on my older phone but the issue seem to be better now that i have updated my phone to a new model

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.