2017 Credit Card Charge and Redeem Promotion

m@maboi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this year... all the local banks work hand in hand not to have any GSS promo.

devion

Reaction score
For the SCB spend n shake, will I receive a sms after the spend? Not sure how it works.

fone

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For the SCB spend n shake, will I receive a sms after the spend? Not sure how it works.

It actually says that spend n shake requires 2 days to register, so 2 days after you register, then the spending will count?

haydentan

Reaction score
I registered on the 2nd and yesterday I swiped the card for a $210 bill, but no sms. Anyone has successfully registered 2 days before and received sms for $150 and above purchase?

devion

Reaction score
Till now still did not get notification for the shake win spend promo. Anybody received it after qualifying the spends?

ixoral

Reaction score
Yes few days back after I made an online purchase, I got the spend n shake sms almost immediately.

fone

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Till now still did not get notification for the shake win spend promo. Anybody received it after qualifying the spends?

Did not get any notification for my 1/2/3 Nov purchases. The rest get almost immediately, except some items this morning, called and ask, but got them after few hours.

jtec14

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SCB Shop, Shake, Win Game T&Cs

Bill payments (Examples of bill payment merchants include but are not limited to Telecommunications and utilities providers such as Starhub, Singtel and M1, Singapore Power);

Sorry my English not good, any experts can advise do i interpret the above bold T&Cs correctly? :( Thank you.

I have interpreted that only BILL PAYMENTS to any bill payment merchants including telcos are not eligible.

So I used SCB card for phone purchase at Starhub and did not receive SMS for Shop, Shake, Win Game.

Contacted SCB CSO and they claimed that my transaction is not eligible as it is from Starhub using the below t&cs in bold. Meaning any transactions made even non bill payments at telcos are not eligible.

Anyway I have asked to escalate for review also.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bill payments (Examples of bill payment merchants include but are not limited to Telecommunications and utilities providers such as Starhub, Singtel and M1, Singapore Power);

Sorry my English not good, any experts can advise do i interpret the above bold T&Cs correctly? :( Thank you.

I have interpreted that only BILL PAYMENTS to any bill payment merchants including telcos are not eligible.

So I used SCB card for phone purchase at Starhub and did not receive SMS for Shop, Shake, Win Game.

Contacted SCB CSO and they claimed that my transaction is not eligible as it is from Starhub using the below t&cs in bold. Meaning any transactions made even non bill payments at telcos are not eligible.

Anyway I have asked to escalate for review also.

Well the bank will not know what you buy. Buying phone appears exactly the same as paying telco bill to the bank. Since you already escalated for review, it will be interesting to see how they deal with such boundary situations. You may need to produced charge slip and receipt for the transaction.

jtec14

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well the bank will not know what you buy. Buying phone appears exactly the same as paying telco bill to the bank. Since you already escalated for review, it will be interesting to see how they deal with such boundary situations. You may need to produced charge slip and receipt for the transaction.

Understand that as I am not sure if purchasing phone or bill payment at telcos have the same transaction code or not. Will update again.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.