Institute of Technology (SIT) - Singapore's 5th University! - Part 2

weirdo96

Reaction score
Hi
Does anyone know if for lecture, is there a need for a matric card? As I have yet to collect it.

aliciaheartsfti

Reaction score
Advice needed!

I'm currently a NTU Chinese Studies student. I'm considering to dropout after first sem ends and I'm planning to apply to SIT Diagnostic Radiography for next year intake. It's been 4 weeks into my Chinese course and I honestly cannot take it anymore, it's really hard to understand the content since it's all in Chinese. I'm previously from SP Biotechnology, so it's been 4 years since I touched anything Chinese. I'm stressing out and mentally breaking down trying to do my best to pull through this course (which I thought I could in the beginning, but it just gets harder as time passes). I applied for DR this year but I got rejected without getting an interview, it left me feeling extremely dejected afterwards, and the only course that offered me a place was Chinese, so I accepted it with a "no fish but prawn also can" mindset. That might have been a wrong decision. My poly cGPA is only 3.25, so I don't have much options, and especially since I don't have money to study in private unis like Parkway College. I really want to get into DR cuz it's my life dream to work in the healthcare sector. With my GPA, is it possible to enter SIT DR? I have a few job experiences but a lack of cca contributions during poly. Please help me out by rating my chances, any advice is appreciated too!

SotongLove

Banned
Reaction score
Advice needed!

I'm currently a NTU Chinese Studies student. I'm considering to dropout after first sem ends and I'm planning to apply to SIT Diagnostic Radiography for next year intake. It's been 4 weeks into my Chinese course and I honestly cannot take it anymore, it's really hard to understand the content since it's all in Chinese. I'm previously from SP Biotechnology, so it's been 4 years since I touched anything Chinese. I'm stressing out and mentally breaking down trying to do my best to pull through this course (which I thought I could in the beginning, but it just gets harder as time passes). I applied for DR this year but I got rejected without getting an interview, it left me feeling extremely dejected afterwards, and the only course that offered me a place was Chinese, so I accepted it with a "no fish but prawn also can" mindset. That might have been a wrong decision. My poly cGPA is only 3.25, so I don't have much options, and especially since I don't have money to study in private unis like Parkway College. I really want to get into DR cuz it's my life dream to work in the healthcare sector. With my GPA, is it possible to enter SIT DR? I have a few job experiences but a lack of cca contributions during poly. Please help me out by rating my chances, any advice is appreciated too!
Related job experience helps. I didn't have CCA too and my cGPA is worse than yours. But I managed to get in (not your course though,so I'm not sure about DR)

Sent from LGE LG-H860 using GAGT

linglinglinda

Reaction score
Related job experience helps. I didn't have CCA too and my cGPA is worse than yours. But I managed to get in (not your course though,so I'm not sure about DR)

Just apply next year. I also dropout previously unable to get into my dream course in SIT-UOL Criminology! My component was the essay writing. I don't know how confident can I get the course and advance round 2 haix

joey_xu

Reaction score
Advice needed!

Do note that if u intend to switch course after one sem, u will receive one sem less tuition grant for your new course. In case you are not aware of it..

aliciaheartsfti

Reaction score
Do note that if u intend to switch course after one sem, u will receive one sem less tuition grant for your new course. In case you are not aware of it..

I am aware about this and it's something I'm troubled over as well since I'm already using the CPF scheme to pay for my current school fees. Thanks for the reminder tho

aliciaheartsfti

Reaction score

I don't have much related job experiences on healthcare, sigh.. I'll be really lost if I don't manage to get into DR. But I'll still try to apply next year. Thanks :)

Nickoray

Reaction score
anyone went for bursary interview before? any idea what to expect from the interview?

3 interviewer.

1 - Explain your family condition (family size- what they are doing, what financial difficulties faced in your household)

2 - What type of student do you see yourself

3 - if did not get this bursary, what is your plans

That's all. About 10 minutes

poorthingme

Reaction score
3 interviewer.

1 - Explain your family condition (family size- what they are doing, what financial difficulties faced in your household)

2 - What type of student do you see yourself

3 - if did not get this bursary, what is your plans

That's all. About 10 minutes

It can be difficult if you get that FAS Manager sitting in it. He tends to ask a lot more. :(

bakutayd

Reaction score
Anybody got into SIT SIE building services can share how tough the course will be for someone without civil engineering background :s12:

hlkchan

Reaction score
What is the Grading System for SIT-conferred degrees?

Like what is the range of marks and what grades it will be.

I can only find the SIT GPA system but not the grading system.

x3Fastdealer

Reaction score
SIT Food technology

Hi, anyone here from the Food technology course in SIT? Or anyone trying to apply for the Food technology course for the upcoming 2018 intake? Mind sharing your interview experiences, poly cGPA results, and any recommendations in order to elevate chances so as to be accepted into the course? Thanks in advance! :)

byul1004

Reaction score
Hello!

I would like to apply to SIT's Occupational Therapy for the coming intake and I want to prepare before I go for the interview.

However, I am not sure what to prepare in terms of documents other than my school stuff.

I would appreciate if anyone can give me some information about the interviews.

Thank you so much! :)

3athkilld

Reaction score
Using they will ask some question like... there are 2 friends. One of them have 3 children. Eldest child just started piano lessons this year. Second child have the same DOB as his Friend. Third child just started schooling this year. Given sum of age also. Find their individual age.

Nothing much to prepare as ICT interview is very leisure talk only. But during the team question, need to show teamwork.

Hi YanYing01, if i cant pm you since i dont have 10 posts, is there any ways i can get more info on ICT SE from you ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.