The Official Football Manager 2018 Thread

FappingKing

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Now with the game officially released, everything is much smoother and some patches to the UI here and there.

Make some adjustments to my playing style and some getting used to, I think its quite playable now.

But i still feel the transfer market is screwing me :s13:

I'm looking at Bruno Fernandes from Sporting, they die die want 30+million for him. Few days later i saw news, Bruno Fernandes signs for Roma for 13m. Wtf?

Also AI like taking turns to lowball me. I'm seeing crazy transfer fees for transfers between AIs, then every single club from the top 6 of EPL taking turn to bid for my Icardi. My Icardi estimated value around 40 million, they are bidding from the range of 35-42 :s22:

nivlac9

Reaction score
KAHOIgP.jpg

Woohoo!!!

FappingKing

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
I realised Milan transfer listed alot of their key players at cheap prices, probably due to FFP :s13:

nivlac9

Reaction score
Granted it’s only a friendly but Mane & Salah are amazing. Liverpool still leak goals.

oYpjC57.jpg

aeiioux

Reaction score
Just wow, I signed Nabil Fekir in my first season, and he got 3 damaged cruciate ligaments injury in 2 seasons with me. Played less than 20 games and now considering retirement. First time I've seen such a unlucky player

FappingKing

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Just wow, I signed Nabil Fekir in my first season, and he got 3 damaged cruciate ligaments injury in 2 seasons with me. Played less than 20 games and now considering retirement. First time I've seen such a unlucky player

In my game first season i see him also injured out for 8 months. And OL was willing to sell him cheap before his injury, luckily didnt get him.

FappingKing

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
OdKSGTs.png

Picked him up for 10 million.

Looks like a younger version of Jorginho.

ItsmeagainhK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just completed my 1st season with Wolves. Won the Championship by GD only.. quite a close call. Form throughout the season was quite inconsistent but the likes of Jota, Woodburn, Correa, Boly and Bonatini loaned to us really helped! Would be interesting to see how we fare once these players returned to their original clubs.

So far, the chinese owners were quite generous, giving us 29m in transfer kitty the next day after we won the championship. Seems like i will need to strengthen the following positions: **, LFB, RFB, DM, AMC, Flanks and a striker. Seems like the entire team needs to be revamped lol. So far i have splurged on Nicola Murru 2m( up to 3.9m) and Sebastian Jung 0m. Both were transfer listed and Jung's contract was ending!

Contemplating if I should bring in a young talent and train up or a ready made ? I have a chance to get Elias Abouchabaka for 4m but he would probably be one for the future. hmmm.. tough choices to make on who to buy.

FappingKing

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Installment is like the same, 6,12,18,24.... up to 48 months.

But now you can choose to pay once every 6 months or once every 12 months.

SibehEng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Serie a teams player seems to be value capped. Even the best player is 30 to 40+m while bench warmer in bpl easily 40 to 50m

And if your player who are playing well but at 30m range when move to bpl la liga will auto become 50 to 60m.

FappingKing

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Serie a teams player seems to be value capped. Even the best player is 30 to 40+m while bench warmer in bpl easily 40 to 50m

And if your player who are playing well but at 30m range when move to bpl la liga will auto become 50 to 60m.

Damn joke everybody lowballing my Icardi...

UptheToon

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so, does this game suck as much as most people are saying it is?

I think it's a great game but it's buggy at the moment with poor interface.

Best to get it around March next year when all the patches are out. Not worth 60 dollars at the moment.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.