iPhone X problems faced

discoburg

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For me is the battery drains very fast and sometimes incoming sms is not notified.

Hope all can add to the list or share that they also face the same problem.

Archuke

Master Member
Reaction score
Mine has nothing but amazing so far. Battery also damn strong. My settings are no true tone. Reduce white point 80% and auto brightness. Background app refresh all off except messaging apps and social media apps.

jordanlah

Reaction score
At first I really missed TouchID as FaceID had more failure rates for me. But after following this tip sent by a bro here:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/111210105-post2433.html

FaceID has since been phenomenal. It is so integral into the work flow that sometimes I feel like I'm just using a phone without password - but it's there. Swiping on a notification in lock screen to go straight to the app is one example. Previously you had to lift your finger off the screen, touch home button, then go back. Now it's seamless.

Battery - give it 3-4 days - do a battery calibration at least once (fully drain till it shuts off, and leave it to charge fully). Now I'm getting similar battery usage as my iphone 7plus.
Try using a dark coloured or fully black wallpaper. OLED actually saves more power with that. If you really want to stretch the battery on a LONG day - turn on Smart Invert Colors in Settings -> Accessibility -> Display Accommodations -> Invert Colors
that would operate the iPhoneX in a Dark mode. You can set it turn ON/OFF using triple click of the side button. Just add Accessibility Shortcut at the bottom of the Accessibility menu.

A bug I DID encounter was when I used speaker phone for a call, and I tried to access an app while talking to the person. The screen locked up and refused to let me swipe home. That happened only once and I hope this latest 11.1.1 fixed it. So far haven't seen it again.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
You can do a battery calibration of your own, but never drop the battery to zero till it should off. NEVER. NEVER.

the-alchemist

Master Member
Reaction score
For me is the battery drains very fast and sometimes incoming sms is not notified.

Hope all can add to the list or share that they also face the same problem.

did you restore from backup? the drain is probably the communication between the device and icloud, it should get better. do you have facebook installed? that seems to be a contributor to battery drain.

incoming sms not notified... were you looking at your phone when i came in? attention features switched on?

discoburg

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nope, the X is asleep. Thought the sms will wake it up but no. Had to raise it up to see that there are sms waiting for me. :(
incoming sms not notified... were you looking at your phone when i came in? attention features switched on?

PongRareRare

Reaction score
Checked liao. Never use do not disturb mode. Notification is on as well.:s12:

That’s weird, u can always use the Apple support app if u can’t solve it, it has live chat so u can talk to them and see if they know something. They can also set up an appointment at Apple if u need one

StanII

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone faced issues with apps e.g Facebook where the alignment of time, recept, battery bar is off at the top notch?

memoriess

Reaction score
normally how do u all charged your iphone? like below how many % you all start to charge?

memoriess

Reaction score
Store it half-charged when you store it long term.
If you want to store your device long term, two key factors will affect the overall health of your battery: the environmental temperature and the percentage of charge on the battery when it’s powered down for storage. Therefore, we recommend the following:

Do not fully charge or fully discharge your device’s battery — charge it to around 50%. If you store a device when its battery is fully discharged, the battery could fall into a deep discharge state, which renders it incapable of holding a charge. Conversely, if you store it fully charged for an extended period of time, the battery may lose some capacity, leading to shorter battery life.
Power down the device to avoid additional battery use.
Place your device in a cool, moisture-free environment that’s less than 90° F (32° C).
If you plan to store your device for longer than six months, charge it to 50% every six months.
Depending on how long you store your device, it may be in a low-battery state when you remove it from long-term storage. After it’s removed from storage, it may require 20 minutes of charging with the original adapter before you can use it.

I dont quite understand, can someone explain it in a simpler form?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.