Star Wars Battlefront II

CrispyPeddler

Reaction score
The screen tearing issue is due to using ultra wide monitor. Aka 3440 by 1440. I have the same issue. The game doesn't support it.

yea..mine is 1440p. i saw youtube ppl also have the tearing / line going up. now i thought it was intended.

u guys see the wording as complete static wording or the wording have lines?

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
believe ?

- There are many things you can earn in the game, including weapons, attachments, credits, Star Cards, Emotes, Outfits and Victory Poses.
- As a balance goal, we’re working towards having the most powerful items in the game only earnable via in-game achievements.
- Crates will include a mix of of Star Cards, Outfits, Emotes or Victory Poses.
- Players earn crates by completing challenges and other gameplay milestones, or by purchasing them with in-game credits or Crystals, our premium currency.
- If you get a duplicate Star Card in a crate, you will get crafting parts which you can then use to help upgrade the Star Card of your choice.
- And lastly, you have to earn the right to be able to upgrade Star Cards and unlock most Weapons. You can only upgrade or unlock them if you have reached a high enough rank, which is determined by playing the game.

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/news/thank-you-beta

laughterjones

Reaction score
yea..mine is 1440p. i saw youtube ppl also have the tearing / line going up. now i thought it was intended.

u guys see the wording as complete static wording or the wording have lines?

Well the menu text/holograms have scan lines in them. On purpose lol. It's ridiculous, and made the UI such a huge distraction. I'm not buying the game, but would be nice for them to include some graphical menu selection to turn it off. Or at least only include the scan lines on the holograms.

CrispyPeddler

Reaction score
Well the menu text/holograms have scan lines in them. On purpose lol. It's ridiculous, and made the UI such a huge distraction. I'm not buying the game, but would be nice for them to include some graphical menu selection to turn it off. Or at least only include the scan lines on the holograms.

damn. no wonder. i thought my gpu got problem have the scan line:s22::s22:..its very distracting and ugly.thanks for informing :s13:

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will not have local servers, I guarantee you! :s13: Now that EA has ceased 3rd party ranked server hosting, I don't think any SG servers will miraculously appear.

Rest of 2017 play Japan servers 100ms ping. HK servers 35ms ping only appear in mid 2018. Soon hackers will take over the game. DICE and EA won't give a **** once they pocket your money.

And you'll wonder why your high end system performance gets progressively worse with every new patch that breaks something. ;) Stuttering, frame rate drops, lag, memory leak or high CPU usage.

The current state of BF1 is a foreboding caution. Don't expect any different for SWBF2.

DICE MMOFPS have been getting worse since the Swedish founders sold their souls to EA for $$$. :mad:

No. This is ridiculous. I thought EA and DICE would change after BF4. It just got worst? :eek:

Come on. SW: BF was already a flop. Why can't they learn from that?

Jurchen King

Master Member
Reaction score
That's why this game is best played on consoles. If game turns out badly, can still sell to recover some money. I also find online connections to overseas servers on console not as bad as compared to PC.

Don’t take my words for granted. Just wait and watch local PC players complain like hell within 1 month of game launch. If it's not high ping, disconnections or frequent crashes, it'll be the pervasiveness of hackers.

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
EA responds to Vader being locked behind progression system
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBa...ously_i_paid_80_to_have_vader_locked/dppum98/

EA responds to length of time taken to unlock characters
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBa...0_hours_to_unlock_a_hero_spreadsheet/dppv3bo/

edit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBa...formally_requesting_eas_community_manager_of/
EA Community Manager called the community 'armchair developers'. Later he apologized and was in full damage control. Well done /slow-clap.
KDw1GGV.png

https://imgur.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/ekeIW

edit2:
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBa...playing_well/dppu4ht/?sh=98d4fbbd&st=J9X52ERW
Developer responded to player who did well and got less credits for winning matches earlier.

And the list goes on and on and on. Am so thankful that myself and community didn't jump on this crud. Enough is enough EA. First Battlefront 1, then Battlefield 1, and then MEA, then killing off Visceral and studio behind MEA. And maybe even Respawn now. Definitely voting with our wallets this time.

Last edited:

Greenworm

Reaction score
Nb sia i was pondering whether to buy this game or not but seeing bad reviews literally everywhere really irks me...

Fk micro transactions and fk EA! Ended up buying the good old dragon dogma instead.

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
boycott of EA (not star wars) is in full swing. Don't get me wrong. I like Star Wars alot. Saw all the original trilogy in the theaters (and watched the X'mas special, we shall not talk about that further), but EA is really messing up the genre and gaming overall.

I cannot stop you from buying this game, it is still your choice and your hard earned money, but we've all heard folks talk about taking a stand, won't happen while we continue to buy from EA etc, well I say now's the time to take that stand and send EA a message that the rest of the world is also doing.

Plus I understand NFS Payback is also facing issues with paid DLC or some such.

Already our mini-community have 20+ who committed to not buy the game, just last night some I know cancelled the PC version (took them awhile).

#boycottEA

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.