First timer to get Mature or Non Mature estate?

Yuanliang

Reaction score
Hi, for first timer what would be the best choice to choice between mature (Bidadari, Tampines) or non mature estate ( Seng Kang Punggol Hougang ) . Any expert can advice? Is it worth joining the SBF sales now? Will I get a chance less if I didn't pick a flat if balloted? Thanks

Poor old man

Suspended
Reaction score
Depends on what scheme u are applying .SINGLE can only lucky draw 2RM NON MATURE .

Hi, for first timer what would be the best choice to choice between mature (Bidadari, Tampines) or non mature estate ( Seng Kang Punggol Hougang ) . Any expert can advice? Is it worth joining the SBF sales now? Will I get a chance less if I didn't pick a flat if balloted? Thanks

ProLogic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
BTO in non mature also can rah...make sure choose near MRT station and notch near track lol. Anyway also must stay MOP 5 years, by then can sell and huat riao.

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i've been in this path, thought its not so much of a concern getting non matured and so went ahead and purchase as first timer.

after few yrs really cannot tahan and cant wait to get out, and sold it off close to MOP and shifted to matured estate.

location is really a big factor for u to consider.

consider carefully, if not to shift house is a headache.

Yuanliang

Reaction score
Not applying under single, applying as a couple... which one will profit more if will to wait till MOP, maybe by then if got some profit can get EC?

flashover

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No one can know for certain which location can garner the most profit.

Just choose the one you are most comfortable with and can afford.

Not applying under single, applying as a couple... which one will profit more if will to wait till MOP, maybe by then if got some profit can get EC?

Sakagamii

Master Member
Reaction score
buy within ur income limits la.

haven get flat alrdy tnking about which location garners de best profits?

hyman

Reaction score
i've been in this path, thought its not so much of a concern getting non matured and so went ahead and purchase as first timer.

after few yrs really cannot tahan and cant wait to get out, and sold it off close to MOP and shifted to matured estate.

What's so Beh Tahan? ;)

Charty

Reaction score

Thank you! I think non-mature estate is for people who can really tolerate inconvenience for a lower price. If you can hold on for like 15, 20 years for the estate to develop, the price would undoubtedly rise even more. But that's a really significant portion of your life living in inconvenience. I see most people selling off right after MOP like you..

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What's so Beh Tahan? ;)

those who went through will know. i can share a few.

1 - headache on the bus service. bus always full as limited buses servicing many bto projects. my area at least above 10 bto projects.

2. amenities - nothing much was done to improve despite many btos still coming up. buying food, groceries need to que damn long as limited choices available.

3. some areas/blks is hard to find, wanna call cab or uber they have hard time finding.

4. one way in/out, those who drive everyday jam like siao.

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you! I think non-mature estate is for people who can really tolerate inconvenience for a lower price. If you can hold on for like 15, 20 years for the estate to develop, the price would undoubtedly rise even more. But that's a really significant portion of your life living in inconvenience. I see most people selling off right after MOP like you..

too many selling off, one search at the propertyguru can see way too many.. plus many other bto projects also gonna mop as time goes along..

that area price drops like crazy. luckily i appealed to get it sold before mop before the rest of the crowd join in to sell.

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

:s22::s22::s22:

Never use those words in bold as the number 1 criteria when buying a flat.

Yuanliang

Reaction score
:s22::s22::s22:

Never use those words in bold as the number 1 criteria when buying a flat.

hahaha, ikik... balloted for 5xx for bidadari got a feeling all the units I preferred gonna get taken... so need to look for another alternative now...

flashover

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Same like me. Once i got approval to sell, didnt look back. Now the price have been steadily dropping as more btos get mop

too many selling off, one search at the propertyguru can see way too many.. plus many other bto projects also gonna mop as time goes along..

that area price drops like crazy. luckily i appealed to get it sold before mop before the rest of the crowd join in to sell.

Yuanliang

Reaction score
Actually what's the grants amount we can get? For 4-5k income range couple. Because they keep advertising up to 80k for couple. Can't find a page that state clearly for it

OahidY

Reaction score
HDB is trying to curb ppl from profiting thus explained the high BTO price in mature areas (which means unlikely to have much profit). Advice is to choose the place u want to stay long term..

LiteHouse

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Your first home is lacking in which area? Not near hawker centre? Not near mrt/ bus stops? Not near wet market?

LiteHouse

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Well, u can see it at another end of the pole. After 15 to 20 years, the mature estate will become even more developed with multiple storey wet market or shopping centre with cinema.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.