First timer to get Mature or Non Mature estate?

hyman

Reaction score
Your first home is lacking in which area? Not near hawker centre? Not near mrt/ bus stops? Not near wet market?

The inputs below.

Sengkang probably same problems as Punggol... ;)
who went through will know. i can share a few.

1 - headache on the bus service. bus always full as limited buses servicing many bto projects. my area at least above 10 bto projects.

2. amenities - nothing much was done to improve despite many btos still coming up. buying food, groceries need to que damn long as limited choices available.

3. some areas/blks is hard to find, wanna call cab or uber they have hard time finding.

4. one way in/out, those who drive everyday jam like siao.

Last edited:

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
btw my ex area is not sengkang punggol.

but alot of btos all clustered together, since keys started collecting from 2012, im the 3rd bto project, from then its non stop keys collection even now its still ongoing.. and many more still building.

:o

hyman

Reaction score
btw my ex area is not sengkang punggol.

but alot of btos all clustered together, since keys started collecting from 2012, im the 3rd bto project, from then its non stop keys collection even now its still ongoing.. and many more still building.

Officially, the non-matured estates are as below. Which one was yours?

Bukit Batok
Bukit Panjang
Choa Chu Kang
Hougang
Jurong East
Jurong West
Punggol
Sengkang
Sembawang
Woodlands
Yishun

Reference:

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/singapore/comments/5k132r/is_there_a_definitive_list_of_mature_and/

http://esales.hdb.gov.sg/hdbvsf/eampu05p.nsf/0/17MAYSBF_page_7239/$file/about0.html

Clazav

Reaction score
The inputs below.

Sengkang probably same problems as Punggol... ;)

Matured or non matured is only important with regards to subsidies. Matured estate doesn't guarantee mean access to transportation nodes and non matured estate doesn't mean having poor amenities. We should look at the future potential of the project.

mssynice168

Reaction score
Choose a place convenient to your lifestyle, example near where you work, your parents house if they need to help you look after kids.

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Matured or non matured is only important with regards to subsidies. Matured estate doesn't guarantee mean access to transportation nodes and non matured estate doesn't mean having poor amenities. We should look at the future potential of the project.

thats if u can wait and there's no gurantee. 5yrs from my key collection and only last few months then a brand new hawker center opened.

that's 5yrs, bus services still struggling, countless complains and nothing much improves.

Last edited:

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Officially, the non-matured estates are as below. Which one was yours?

Bukit Batok
Bukit Panjang
Choa Chu Kang
Hougang
Jurong East
Jurong West
Punggol
Sengkang
Sembawang
Woodlands
Yishun

Reference:

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/singapore/comments/5k132r/is_there_a_definitive_list_of_mature_and/

http://esales.hdb.gov.sg/hdbvsf/eampu05p.nsf/0/17MAYSBF_page_7239/$file/about0.html

yishun...... :D

but its the part of yishun where all the cluster of btos is. other parts of yishun which is of older hdbs one is ok.

i grew up in yishun btw, but staying at the cluster of btos was really bad, especially buying food wise.

j

Reaction score
thats if u can wait and there's no gurantee. 5yrs from my key collection and only last few months then a brand new hawker center opened.

that's 5yrs, bus services still struggling, countless complains and nothing much improves.

Wah, not bad. Pasir Ris 24 years then first Hawker Centre, not coffee shops ah, opening in the whole estate leh. LOL.

Clazav

Reaction score

Anyway still need to wait years due to Mop and 3 years for construction.

andyhtc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
those who went through will know. i can share a few.

1 - headache on the bus service. bus always full as limited buses servicing many bto projects. my area at least above 10 bto projects.

2. amenities - nothing much was done to improve despite many btos still coming up. buying food, groceries need to que damn long as limited choices available.

3. some areas/blks is hard to find, wanna call cab or uber they have hard time finding.

4. one way in/out, those who drive everyday jam like siao.

It sounds like one of the BTO zones in the North Eastern part of Singapore.

I agree to go for a matured estate due to much better convenience.

Despite claims of higher quality of living by the government to encourage couples to buy these non matured estates, the gap in terms of convenience of living is big. You get what you pay for.

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah, not bad. Pasir Ris 24 years then first Hawker Centre, not coffee shops ah, opening in the whole estate leh. LOL.

but imagine those btos cluster no hawker center at all and everytime u go ntuc sure super long que cos everyone goes to the same nearest ntuc.

pasir for 24yrs im sure they do have some nearby amenities. imagine u are there for 24yrs and suddenly a cluster of many btos come fighting for the same stuffs u guys have been going for.

thats what's happening now, the nearest small neighborhood have been serving residents for many years and suddenly all btos pple chiong there for groceries and food, suddenly there become super crowded now. :o

ktyandkyc

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pasir ris so long then. Get hawker centre but there are many many coffee. Shops in the area esp at the drive 6 area

dud3e85

Master Member
Reaction score
too many selling off, one search at the propertyguru can see way too many.. plus many other bto projects also gonna mop as time goes along..

that area price drops like crazy. luckily i appealed to get it sold before mop before the rest of the crowd join in to sell.

hi bro, care to share how and what reason u make to appeal? might want to consider doing that also :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.