Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

chainer22

Reaction score
Are there any bicycle rental shops at kawaguchiko station? if yes, is there any specific ways to park the bicycles?

vspecll_gtr

Reaction score
CEP and JEP follows your car rental and ETC card hence it must be applied at the location you are renting your car. Just email them or call them to ask them for reservation. Some outlets does not have ETC card stock or the billing machine hence they do not provide. In general the major rental car outlets at the airport and train stations does provide.

Which pass to choose that depends on how many days and the route you are taking.

Thanks!

Call them eh.. the emails which they provided via the website are pretty slow in responding. do they actually speak english? any idea?

Reaction score
They dislike Korean and Chinese.
If you dress like tiong then they will dislike you as well.
It is no easy to differentiate.
Really? The majority of foreign tourists i saw were Koreans and Tiongs. But I don't sense hostility at all. But why dislike? Tiongs I understand but Koreans? Or do you mean that Japanese service and retail industry staff is one attitude upfront but behind is otherwise?

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Really? The majority of foreign tourists i saw were Koreans and Tiongs. But I don't sense hostility at all. But why dislike? Tiongs I understand but Koreans? Or do you mean that Japanese service and retail industry staff is one attitude upfront but behind is otherwise?

The above is very correct. There's a Japanese term for it but can't seem to remember it now.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I work in Japanese firm for many years. Got to know many Japanese and got close Japanese friends as well. Once you get close to them, they will tell you such stuff.
Chinese and Koreans are hated to the core for Japanese.
History of why dated very Long. Decades and centuries.

service staff in the front, very friendly. But then behind the back, wait till you know what they discuss in Japanese hahaha

dungeonalley

Reaction score

Don't you know the long history between Japanese and Koreans? Not surprising that they dislike them.

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't you know the long history between Japanese and Koreans? Not surprising that they dislike them.

Its an "open" secret..

then I guess if you're not that into Japan, you wont know..

same for those japanophobiles.

ALL hate koreans

luv_boa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But they still see us as Chinese even though we speak English and identify ourselves as Singaporean

GetaBlue

Master Member
Reaction score
last 2 trips, encounter nothing but pure politeness from the locals.

only kyoto side bit can I say proud while osaka guys are loud and funny AF.

tokyo balance. IMO you treat them with courtesy and respect, you receive the same from them.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Touching a bit on history, I am not sure why they dont like Koreans. Few centuries ago, the Japs used to launch regular raids to Korea, piracy is rampant, and more recently WW2. Based on this it looks like the Koreans have more reason to hate the Japs than the other way round. These days Koreans are known to run most of the pachinko parlors and other vice activities I am sure.

dungeonalley

Reaction score
Touching a bit on history, I am not sure why they dont like Koreans. Few centuries ago, the Japs used to launch regular raids to Korea, piracy is rampant, and more recently WW2. Based on this it looks like the Koreans have more reason to hate the Japs than the other way round. These days Koreans are known to run most of the pachinko parlors and other vice activities I am sure.

History plays a part, from what i understand, it's not something the koreans did but more like the negative perceptions of the koreans to Japs which springs from nowhere.

And also some of the modern affairs as well? like Kpop being so popular, then the FIFA issue - how come It's FIFA Korea-Japan, not Japan-Korea. then i think the last match was in korea, not Japan. then they also fighting over some territorial thing.

last 2 trips, encounter nothing but pure politeness from the locals.

only kyoto side bit can I say proud while osaka guys are loud and funny AF.

tokyo balance. IMO you treat them with courtesy and respect, you receive the same from them.

Osaka people are like straight-forward. Like not paiseh to tell you how they feel one. It's in Osaka that i hear car horns. hahaha. To me, Kyoto people always feel being intruded, probably that's why sometimes they look a bit distant. Protective over their city i guess! But honestly, agree that all ish still nice and friendly.

Last edited:

kia0042

Reaction score
Anybody has fruit picking (apple and persimmon ) experience in Wakayama? Can share share?
Is it true that I have to make reservation before visiting the farm??

w3nGaL

Reaction score
Hope experts can advise me. I wanna go in mid may to see the alpine n snow. But not sure how to plan as I only been to Tokyo.

I can't afford to take alot of leave thus this is my draft plan. Since I covered most of the places in Tokyo I don't intend go stay too many days there. I thinking of flying into Tokyo cause is cheaper than Osaka and faster to reach alpine (slightly).

Day 1 AM reach Tokyo, shinkasen to Osaka n explore osaka
Day 2 Osaka
Day 3 Nara
Day 4 shinkasen to Tokyo (visit the places I wanna go)
Day 5 Alpine route and back to Tokyo at nihht
Day 6 Tour somewhere nearby Tokyo, maybe Hakone or go Fuji Q
Day 7 Flight back to SG

Is the above plan ok? I wonder if I should get the rail pass and if I do, i should make full use of it. Thanks!

thwysg

Reaction score
Day 1 AM reach Tokyo, shinkasen to Osaka n explore osaka
Day 2 Osaka
Day 3 Nara
Day 4 shinkasen to Tokyo (visit the places I wanna go)
Day 5 Alpine route and back to Tokyo at nihht
Day 6 Tour somewhere nearby Tokyo, maybe Hakone or go Fuji Q
Day 7 Flight back to SG

D4 Change your stay to Toyama. Don’t do a day trip to Alpine Route from Tokyo. Too rush. Then start early for D5. And I meant really early, say 6am.
Easier to head to the Route. Unless you wish to start your trip from the other way - Shinano Omachi instead.

If you’re heading from Toyama to do the Route, you should be able to catch a train back to Tokyo from Nagano by night. Likewise for the other way, Toyama back to Tokyo.

Still got energy to go Hakone or Fuji Q? I’ll take it slow after the long day at the Route.

w3nGaL

Reaction score
D4 Change your stay to Toyama. Don’t do a day trip to Alpine Route from Tokyo. Too rush. Then start early for D5. And I meant really early, say 6am.
Easier to head to the Route. Unless you wish to start your trip from the other way - Shinano Omachi instead.

If you’re heading from Toyama to do the Route, you should be able to catch a train back to Tokyo from Nagano by night. Likewise for the other way, Toyama back to Tokyo.

Still got energy to go Hakone or Fuji Q? I’ll take it slow after the long day at the Route.

Thank you. I am reading up on 1 night in toyama!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.