Surface Pro (5)

soho87

Reaction score
If u are Challenger member u are automatically hachi tech member. Just need to login using challenger userid n create pwd.

I am wondering if the i5 4GB 128GB is enough for my use. Also not sure if the upcoming SITEX will have better deals or free gifts

dingdung

Reaction score
This configuration should suffice for productivity, reading ebook, annotate pdf, surfing, streaming video, light photo and video editing.

I am wondering if the i5 4GB 128GB is enough for my use. Also not sure if the upcoming SITEX will have better deals or free gifts

Cashew_Nut

Reaction score
Those of you who have SP, what are the best/worst games you've played on it in terms of performance?

vivalarave

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just wondering, any of you guys got the Microsoft complete warranty?

Else if we purchase from places like Hachitech or PC show, where do we bring our laptop to in case of warranty and repair?

Ms products is send back via courier, they repair send you via courier.

siaoboy

Reaction score
Bought surface pro i5 128gb 4gb ram to replace ipad pro 10.5. Was in dilemma whether to upgrade to surface pro or ipad pro 12.9 (screen size upgrade :s13:) . Finally took the plunge to buy surface pro.

Hachi.tech has better deal for i5 128gb 4gb ram with pwp for signature type keyboard. ($1288 + $149 - $25 citibank cc discount) = $1412.

Microsoft student discount still lose out to hachi.tech deal ($1338 + $224.10 = $1562.10).

Will still need to get surface pen from Microsoft store (10% discount applies) since its oos at challenger.

Hachi tech is limited to the 4GB model which they are clearing. This model is good for those who is planning to use it to replace ipad air 2 but not those who needs to use it for work

vivalarave

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hachi tech is limited to the 4GB model which they are clearing. This model is good for those who is planning to use it to replace ipad air 2 but not those who needs to use it for work

What is "work" for you?

8gb and above is good for ram intensive software like graphics and audio editing.

If you do intensive CADing and Video editing 16 gb is good.

Word processing and power point, 4gb is more than enough.

Abram

Reaction score
Would the m3 be sufficient for Microsoft word, power point? And some light browsing?
Read that the m3 has the best battery life? Or should I just hit the i5 one?

SpeedWeed

Master Member
Reaction score
Question.

My IPad Air is almost dying. So is my decktop.

I am considering which model of the surface pro to get

I will be picking up video editing for some parts of my work.

I want to figure out what are all the stuff I need and how much total I will be spending.

Probably need i7 16gb?

Signature keyboard and Pen as I can probably get clients to sign documents on my surface.

Should I get the dock and the dongle? As I can use it as pc replacement.

screen protector makes sense.
But should I get a hard cover for surface pro? Is surface pro scratch resistant?

I have a kid at home and she already broke my iPad Air screen when she stepped on my work bag.

Also does surface pro i5 n i7 heat up with use?

any advice or sharing of experience is greatly appreciated.

SpeedWeed

Master Member
Reaction score
It is generally agreed benchmark is i5 8gb 256

Would the m3 be sufficient for Microsoft word, power point? And some light browsing?
Read that the m3 has the best battery life? Or should I just hit the i5 one?

siaoboy

Reaction score
What is "work" for you?

8gb and above is good for ram intensive software like graphics and audio editing.

If you do intensive CADing and Video editing 16 gb is good.

Word processing and power point, 4gb is more than enough.

That depends on what's your job i guess. When you have big excel spreadsheet and needs to run concurrent application, 4GB will be struggling. Will be better off using the ipad pro

Abram

Reaction score
I've noticed that with no apps open. The demo units at challenger are constantly at 44% ram on a 4GB i5 model.

There's actually not much space left for much else...

dingdung

Reaction score
Saw hachi.tech having promotion for surface pro i5 8gb ram 256gb for $1598. If u hv dbs card key in 'dbslaptop50' will gv u additional $50 off. Dun forget to add in pwp items like the new signature type keyboard at $149, casing etc.

Last edited:

Cashew_Nut

Reaction score
Microsoft doing Black Friday promotion on SP. Couple of hundred dollars off i5/8GB latest model.

SpeedWeed

Master Member
Reaction score
question.

should i buy hachi tech extended warranty starshield.

Or buy the one from microsoft. :s11:

also hachitech is offering the surface pro 4 casing.

does it work with the new surface pro?

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.