Anyone has a maid at home?

bendi85

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How do U treat your maid? Fierce? Friendly? Firm and strict?
Do you draw a line between employer and maid?

mummy1234

Banned
Reaction score
I treat her in a friendly manner but of coz there is a boundary. I let her know my expectations on her first day of work and she has been following it since.

bendi85

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I treat her in a friendly manner but of coz there is a boundary. I let her know my expectations on her first day of work and she has been following it since.

That’s great. Which country is she from?
I just hire a maid and sadly 3 days into the job she say she cannot take it when baby keep crying. Ask to transfer.
Haiz..

mummy1234

Banned
Reaction score
I just hire a maid and sadly 3 days into the job she say she cannot take it when baby keep crying. Ask to transfer.
Haiz..

Mine usually from Philippines. Though for my second boy, when born , I had Myanmese and later Indonesian maid. But babies safer to let grandparents supervise maid if u r not around.

bendi85

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine usually from Philippines. Though for my second boy, when born , I had Myanmese and later Indonesian maid. But babies safer to let grandparents supervise maid if u r not around.

My current one abit ego. Tell her to wash things she can tell me to wait.
My first time experience with maid is not good.

mummy1234

Banned
Reaction score
My current one abit ego. Tell her to wash things she can tell me to wait.
My first time experience with maid is not good.

Where is your maid from? Get those fresh ones with no prior working experience, easier to train from start. Experienced maids have tricks up their sleeves or may have attitude problem.

bendi85

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where is your maid from? Get those fresh ones with no prior working experience, easier to train from start. Experienced maids have tricks up their sleeves or may have attitude problem.

Indo.
Fresh ones also have difficult training them up.

razakmm

Reaction score
maid

i give maid room to breathe but still need to nag once in awhile. overall good. been with us for years.

WANGLAI

Reaction score
Nowadays maid is not like last time. They know their rights and if they feel not happy staying in your house, they will request to change employer. But u as an employer, u only have 4 chances to change maid. Exceed the limit, MOM will invite u for coffee... :s22:

bo liao

Reaction score
Food must give, they also humans, they come to work is cos they no choice.. who dun wan to be at own home shake leg...

treat them as family, auntie or friend.
Mine is older den me.

Let them know your lifestyle, sometimes close 1 eye..
I eat what, they eat what...
*Before you eat, take a portion for her, NOT ASK HER eat left-over.

Once a while, call home ask her if she need supper, if wife go out, bring her go shopping, walk walk.. den get back b4 the kids get home..

Treating them good also hv to see if its worth it or not. some are knn al:s13:so..
I have 1 b4, can like eat till no tomorrow..come SG like sightseeing..

m@maboi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can i ask how do u all get your FDW to pick up English fast? My indo one cant speak a bit of English...

Do i get her a language book and get her to read?

bendi85

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can i ask how do u all get your FDW to pick up English fast? My indo one cant speak a bit of English...

Do i get her a language book and get her to read?

Languages needs time to learn one. Imagine asking u to learn another foreign language now, also need time.
Just start by teaching simple words and repeat them daily.

bryanisaac

Reaction score

I agree. I treat her like part of family, but a line must be drawn..

tofubean

Reaction score
Just for sharing since my family changed maids quite often:

maid X - gave wifi password. Has 4-5 hps because we restrict her hp usage to lunch and dinner only. Keep buying new phones to hide from us and use during the day. End up keep talking on the phone during chores.

maid Y - gave phone + wifi pw. Addicted to phone. Keep video-calling her family after we gave her the wifi password. Constantly glued to the phone and seldom take initiative to do chores. Mom also caught her trying out our clothes and taking selfies with them...

maid Z - no free phone no free wifi password. Best result - maid using the phone now and then and only using when she can (during her free time).

genericperson

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Must be from Indonesia, they usually chut this pattern one.

Haiz..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.