looking for tv

Iron_Maiden

Reaction score
hi all,

My tv is already spoilt. I am looking to get a smart tv. No 3d.

can anyone recommend which brand should i buy???

thanks

batuchka

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
State budget and other desired features/function (integrated DVB-T2 tuner, etc) loh Suggest get non smart TV and seperate droid box cos these "smart tvs" sometimes not very smart no firmware/software updates make them obsolete *fast* w.r.t some apps or future media files

Iron_Maiden

Reaction score
State budget and other desired features/function (integrated DVB-T2 tuner, etc) loh Suggest get non smart TV and seperate droid box cos these "smart tvs" sometimes not very smart no firmware/software updates make them obsolete *fast* w.r.t some apps or future media files

ok. i dont want 3d, dont want smart tv. maybe 4k tv. max i put $1500.

Iron_Maiden

Reaction score

i think i put 1500 to 2500 for tv. Should i buy from carousell???

batuchka

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think i put 1500 to 2500 for tv. Should i buy from carousell???

That budget these days can land you a 55"-60" 4K TV!
Eg: https://www.lazada.sg/samsung-ua55m...VSGAMZ&strat=rec_top_prods&pa=item_page.right
A boatload more (150+) reviews of exact model to better gauge customer satisfaction?
https://www.testfreaks.com/televisions/samsung-ua55mu6300-ue55mu6300-un55mu6300/
Perhaps an estimate of your viewing distance away from the TV would help? I suggest buying brand covered by official local warranty as well? FYI i bought a TV off Lazada for my parents and it worked out really well ;)

Last edited:

Iron_Maiden

Reaction score
That budget these days can land you a 55"-60" 4K TV!
Eg: https://www.lazada.sg/samsung-ua55m...VSGAMZ&strat=rec_top_prods&pa=item_page.right
A boatload more (150+) reviews of exact model to better gauge customer satisfaction?
https://www.testfreaks.com/televisions/samsung-ua55mu6300-ue55mu6300-un55mu6300/
Perhaps an estimate of your viewing distance away from the TV would help? I suggest buying brand covered by official local warranty as well? FYI i bought a TV off Lazada for my parents and it worked out really well ;)

my tv to my sofa is near. Is it advisable to get 55"? pls advise. thanks

Elmo82

Reaction score
I think one of the fastest way to decide is to head to any store and look at the screens. Picture literally tell a thousand words.

$1500 can easily get you 4k screens, I was personally looking at panasonic 55", model EX640. Sold out at BD recently @ price of $1299.

Tech_newer

Reaction score
How about Sony 55inch 850D? I guess this is very good choice for you according to the price, quality and picture. The price is about 1450 for new set. For your information.

ok. i dont want 3d, dont want smart tv. maybe 4k tv. max i put $1500.

BlackStorm

Reaction score
Looking for Television, TV 49" or 50" inch Ultra HD

NO 3D , NO Internet, for elderly people who don't use PC or laptop

Budget only 1K for TV only.

any suggestions? :s11::s12::s11:

batuchka

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
NO 3D , NO Internet, for elderly people who don't use PC or laptop

Budget only 1K for TV only.

any suggestions? :s11::s12::s11:

I know you said no need internet but this Sharp fall under your budget and is far "smarter" than any smart tv with a full on Android TV OS! Official apps d/l via Google Store (Netflix/Youtube/etc) and my fav features wired ethernet + USB 3.0! You can install Kodi for Android and it could be the a potent entertainment suite :s13:
https://www.lazada.sg/sharp-aquos-5...2.search.products-list.10.65277626E1Lm87&ff=1
Video Review of features

Iron_Maiden

Reaction score
How about Sony 55inch 850D? I guess this is very good choice for you according to the price, quality and picture. The price is about 1450 for new set. For your information.

i seldom heard people buy sony. can tell me about the feature?

jazz2005

Master Member
Reaction score
Don't spend too much on a TV you'll regret it when it fails on you soon after the warranty expires. Tv (s) today aren't make as they were before where a it would last more than 10 years. I had a Samsung that needed it's LED panel replaced in three and a half years. The first was under warranty but the second time was after wrranty had expired.

cyrusw

Reaction score
Hi,
May i know where u got this unit? Is there still anymore stock since it is last year model?

Iron_Maiden

Reaction score
Don't spend too much on a TV you'll regret it when it fails on you soon after the warranty expires. Tv (s) today aren't make as they were before where a it would last more than 10 years. I had a Samsung that needed it's LED panel replaced in three and a half years. The first was under warranty but the second time was after wrranty had expired.

ok. thanks.

Tech_newer

Reaction score
Hi you mean the Sony TV? My friend get it from pandanloop Sevamall. I don't know still have stock or not. You can go and check it.

Hi,
May i know where u got this unit? Is there still anymore stock since it is last year model?

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Is just bad luck. My 2 other sony tv still last after 7 and 9 years. Back in the days when I bought it 2008 and 2010, people already mentioned tv is not build to last.

Is like your car start to break down after 3 years and u will learn from it by not buying the same car brand anymore. Rather than feeling all car r prone to break down.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.