2017 Credit Card Charge and Redeem Promotion

fone

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bill payments (Examples of bill payment merchants include but are not limited to Telecommunications and utilities providers such as Starhub, Singtel and M1, Singapore Power);

Should only be encompassing for Bill payments, but knowing programming, it is easier to exclude everything from Starhub. Same here, not sure if they can even differentiate between bill payments to Starhub or purchase of phone/accessories from Starhub. To me, this case can probably fight and win.

My SP Power bill payment did not trigger any Shake and Win (which is correctly), even though it is >$150.

jtec14

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Should only be encompassing for Bill payments, but knowing programming, it is easier to exclude everything from Starhub. Same here, not sure if they can even differentiate between bill payments to Starhub or purchase of phone/accessories from Starhub. To me, this case can probably fight and win.

My SP Power bill payment did not trigger any Shake and Win (which is correctly), even though it is >$150.

That's my interpretation also. Let see what they say.

Haha SP power, I dun think they have anything for retail sales, maybe in future some electricity saving devices?

yixiang1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bill payments (Examples of bill payment merchants include but are not limited to Telecommunications and utilities providers such as Starhub, Singtel and M1, Singapore Power);

Sorry my English not good, any experts can advise do i interpret the above bold T&Cs correctly? :( Thank you.

I have interpreted that only BILL PAYMENTS to any bill payment merchants including telcos are not eligible.

So I used SCB card for phone purchase at Starhub and did not receive SMS for Shop, Shake, Win Game.

Contacted SCB CSO and they claimed that my transaction is not eligible as it is from Starhub using the below t&cs in bold. Meaning any transactions made even non bill payments at telcos are not eligible.

Anyway I have asked to escalate for review also.

Same situation. Bought phone at Singtel exclusive retailer, no sms. They say it’s excluded. So I asked to escalate as well.

gnixer

Master Member
Reaction score
my case also pending
i was hit by dbs promotion for snappy deal, i told the duty manager, hey come you guys restrict to this extend because of some idiots abuse the system and use it to make huge bill payment and refund.
but legit customer making purchase using the card with supporting documents.

in the end dbs gave me $100 credit instead but i cannot get the $1 snappy deal

laurent_rio

Reaction score
Incase anyone haven't noticed this. Charge to your UOB Card from 9 Nov to 31 Dec 2017,get Fitbit Ionic when spend 7800$ and Fitbit Charge 2 when spend 3800$.

Quite surprise i still can manage to secure the fitbit charge 2 redeemed yesterday considering its already more than 2 weeks promotion.

Last year they have G-Shock for charge and redeem promotion but in less than 2 weeks it is fully redeemed already.

http://uob.com.sg/xmas/

Last edited:

jtec14

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Sorry my English not good, any experts can advise do i interpret the above bold T&Cs correctly? :( Thank you.

I have interpreted that only BILL PAYMENTS to any bill payment merchants including telcos are not eligible.

So I used SCB card for phone purchase at Starhub and did not receive SMS for Shop, Shake, Win Game.

Contacted SCB CSO and they claimed that my transaction is not eligible as it is from Starhub using the below t&cs in bold. Meaning any transactions made even non bill payments at telcos are not eligible.

Anyway I have asked to escalate for review also.

Update: So after escalating with receipt, the product manager have deem my purchase is eligible for the promotion.

fone

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Interestingly, power bill from non-SP power has shake URL.

Anyway, for qualifying transaction, even if you did not receive the URL, if eligible, it is actually pre-shook for you. I have a few cardup transactions not receiving any SMS, however customer service claims they have been per-shook and rebates awarded. It makes sense as shaking back the same URL will give you the same results, thus all results for each given URL is fixed, just that you get a "randomized" URL each time.

vince123123

Reaction score
The funny thing about these exclusions for "bill payment" is that anything can conceivably be a "bill payment". Even when you go for dinner at a restaurant, you pay for the "bill" don't you? In effect, everything is excluded if you exclude bill payment.

frizee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Incase anyone haven't noticed this. Charge to your UOB Card from 9 Nov to 31 Dec 2017,get Fitbit Ionic when spend 7800$ and Fitbit Charge 2 when spend 3800$.

Quite surprise i still can manage to secure the fitbit charge 2 redeemed yesterday considering its already more than 2 weeks promotion.

Last year they have G-Shock for charge and redeem promotion but in less than 2 weeks it is fully redeemed already.

http://uob.com.sg/xmas/

Hi, based on the link, may i know what does charge slips mean?

Receipt? I bought some Macs and iPhone, and all are e-receipts? :s11:

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

(i) “Charge Slip” means the original and physical payment receipt or record
issued by a merchant evidencing that a Cardmember has effected a valid
payment transaction with the merchant (whether for the purchase of goods or
services) through that Cardmember’s Eligible Card(s) and which such receipt
or record reflects the last 4 digits of such Eligible Card(s).

(iii) “Local Eligible Transaction(s)” means a point of sale transaction(s) for the
purchase of goods and/or services in Singapore which is successfully
charged to a Cardmember’s Eligible Card(s) during the Qualifying Period and
which is successfully captured/posted on UOB’s systems during the
Qualifying Period, but EXCLUDES any transactions without Charge Slips,
NETS transactions (for Debit Cards), any transactions made online,
Instalment Payment Plan, payments made to government agencies
(including all ministries, statutory boards, organs of state and public services
such as hospitals, polyclinics, schools, listed at http://app.sgdi.gov.sg),
insurance companies, educational institutes, PayPal, AXS, charities,
rental, court fees, fines, bail, bond, tax, fund transfers, payment of funds to
prepaid accounts (including without limitation, EZLINK, EZ Link, EZ-Link,
FlashPay ATU, TRANSIT LINK), recurring bill payments, utilities bill
payments, transactions for balance and/or funds transfer, UOB SmartPay,
UOB LuxePay, UOB Pay Anything or Payment Facility, UOB Personal Loans,
cash advances, cash advance fees, bank annual fees, late fees, reversals,
interest, any finance charges and/or any transaction that was subsequently
cancelled, voided or reversed for any reason.

Last edited:

frizee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
(i) “Charge Slip” means the original and physical payment receipt or record
issued by a merchant evidencing that a Cardmember has effected a valid
payment transaction with the merchant (whether for the purchase of goods or
services) through that Cardmember’s Eligible Card(s) and which such receipt
or record reflects the last 4 digits of such Eligible Card(s).

(iii) “Local Eligible Transaction(s)” means a point of sale transaction(s) for the
purchase of goods and/or services in Singapore which is successfully
charged to a Cardmember’s Eligible Card(s) during the Qualifying Period and
which is successfully captured/posted on UOB’s systems during the
Qualifying Period, but EXCLUDES any transactions without Charge Slips,
NETS transactions (for Debit Cards), any transactions made online,
Instalment Payment Plan, payments made to government agencies
(including all ministries, statutory boards, organs of state and public services
such as hospitals, polyclinics, schools, listed at http://app.sgdi.gov.sg),
insurance companies, educational institutes, PayPal, AXS, charities,
rental, court fees, fines, bail, bond, tax, fund transfers, payment of funds to
prepaid accounts (including without limitation, EZLINK, EZ Link, EZ-Link,
FlashPay ATU, TRANSIT LINK), recurring bill payments, utilities bill
payments, transactions for balance and/or funds transfer, UOB SmartPay,
UOB LuxePay, UOB Pay Anything or Payment Facility, UOB Personal Loans,
cash advances, cash advance fees, bank annual fees, late fees, reversals,
interest, any finance charges and/or any transaction that was subsequently
cancelled, voided or reversed for any reason.

Oh nice, where u see this bro?

laurent_rio

Reaction score

did u buy online or at shop ? if at shop u will receive real paper slip if u swipe or tap your card to their machine. Only this receipt accepted

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.