Should I let my Son go Express in Neighbourhood school or N(A) in better schools?

Jordan

Master Member
Reaction score
199 might struggle a bit in Express, but do ask your son if he wants an extra year. I am of the opinion that a better sch in NA course is better. But if your son is determined to be more hardworking, then I see no reason to put him in a 5 year program. He might be more motivated, as he chose this path, compared to a route you chose for him. Who knows?

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3000 using GAGT

ckboyz

Master Member
Reaction score
NA in good school

i myself is living example

in the end my parent chose express at neighborhood school

in the end that school is a shiat school. i cannot keep up with studies.

by secondary 2 i drop to NA

then stuck with the lousy neighborhood school and my whole life got ruin until now

if i can go back time i sure chose NA at good school

ownself buay sai then blame this blame that

orpisia

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Express got 4 year to prepare for O level but normal got 4 year to prepare N level and only 1 year for O level.

did you see the different? This is why normal student cannot do well in O level.

nonsense, last time my frens also N(A), they also got 10 pointers in O's can get into poly biz

Jialat12345

Reaction score
Chung Cheng High School, Fairfield Methodist, Gan Eng Seng, Geylang Methodist, Hai Sing Catholic school, Holy innocents, Kent Ridge, Kuo Chuan Presbyterian, St Andrews, St Patrick,

I won't call these elite schools. They are between normal and elite.

fatbastardx

Banned
Reaction score
Nope, he got 199, 3Bs and 1C for Chinese. Cut off was 226.

Holy shiat... Cannot even get in with affiliation? And the affiliation cut off point is damn low lah... Maris Stella is it? Lower than most schools other than ACS Barker. And still cannot get in... Wah kao...

Go ACS Barker lah, at least next time still can smoke people that he's "from ACS.". Just don't mention Barker, can liao. :s13:

junnosuke

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Holy shiat... Cannot even get in with affiliation? And the affiliation cut off point is damn low lah... Maris Stella is it? Lower than most schools other than ACS Barker. And still cannot get in... Wah kao...

Go ACS Barker lah, at least next time still can smoke people that he's "from ACS.". Just don't mention Barker, can liao. :s13:

affiliation cut off is usually 200 points... think her son missed by 1 mark.

edit: didnt interpret the 226 correctly.

fatbastardx

Banned
Reaction score
affiliation cut off is usually 200 points... think her son missed by 1 mark.

edit: didnt interpret the 226 correctly.

Are you kidding me, Maris Stella cut off for affiliation is 200???? You got to be joking. And my friend was so proud of Maris Stella some more. He called it elite school. Wah lan eh

neojudy

Banned
Reaction score
Which is better? And has a better chance of going to polytechnics?

I feel your pain. I think we career woman too focus on working and neglected our children. My kids also went poly, unlike me who attended JC.

junnosuke

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are you kidding me, Maris Stella cut off for affiliation is 200???? You got to be joking. And my friend was so proud of Maris Stella some more. He called it elite school. Wah lan eh

my bad. iirc SCGS and MGS their affiliation cutoff is actually 200. i can show u my old book from 2003.

Batavia King

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which is better? And has a better chance of going to polytechnics?

I don't know your son's result but based on topic...I wld recommend NA at acs.
He can't get in express for non affliation as result is too low..
Acs has better environment to excel overall..there's a high chance he can get into sec 2 express if he try hard enuf..
Don't read too much from ppl in here who keep on saying acs Barker is elite sch for d dumb...some kids just bloom late...
Education is 1 thing..character is another..
The only issue is current acs P is leaving...he has a very good track record despite that hp n also carnival issue..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.