DBS Live Fresh Card

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Where can I find thea terms and conditions for live fresh? Looked around but only found the generic credit card ones.

Where u looking? https://www.dbs.com.sg/personal/cards/credit-cards/live-fresh-dbs-visa-paywave-platinum-card
Click on the "other terms apply"

KiraYamatoX

Reaction score
i just bump across this update on dbs's website..

seems like this card is going to become a full fledge cashback card for online and paywave users and stop earning dbs points from 1 dec onwards..

https://www.dbs.com.sg/personal/cards/cards-news-announcements.page

Effective 1 December 2017, we will be awarding DBS Live Fresh Cardmembers with up to 5% cashback:
0.3% cashback on all spend
Additional 4.7% cashback on Online and Visa payWave spend
DBS Live Fresh Cardmembers are only eligible to earn 0.3% cashback on all spend.
With that, we will cease awarding DBS Points for all spend made on your DBS Live Fresh Card and DBS Live Fresh Student Card. You may continue to redeem the balance DBS Points in your Card account until they expire.

if the promo give an additional 5% to online and paywave; wont it make those transaction give a rebate of 10% for the whole month of December?

https://www.dbs.com.sg/iwov-resources/pdf/cards/promotions/livefresh-cashback-tnc.pdf

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if the promo give an additional 5% to online and paywave; wont it make those transaction give a rebate of 10% for the whole month of December?

https://www.dbs.com.sg/iwov-resources/pdf/cards/promotions/livefresh-cashback-tnc.pdf

DBS, I know you are looking, please honor the additional 5% rebate under the promotion in Dec. Understand you will be replacing the basic benefit of the card from 3x points to 5% rebate starting 1 Dec. So effectively 10% rebate for online and paywave transactions in Dec.

Last edited:

shpesft

Reaction score
I suspect it's gonna be 5% for online and Paywave and 10% for the list of merchants using their apps, e.g. Grab, Uber, Amazon, Lazada etc for the month of Dec 2017, without the additional DBS 3x points.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I suspect it's gonna be 5% for online and Paywave and 10% for the list of merchants using their apps, e.g. Grab, Uber, Amazon, Lazada etc for the month of Dec 2017, without the additional DBS 3x points.

The additional 5% for selected mobile app only for first 6 months of owning the card. Not many get to enjoy it.

If only 5% in Dec, means they are retracting the promotion, and they are not being honest.

Last edited:

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Unbilled transactions.

First time getting rebates on this card. Will the cash back be reflected under "Unbilled Transactions" or "Cash Rebates Unbilled" under Internet banking? I have yet to receive my Oct rebates.

paurusu

Reaction score
The additional 5% for selected mobile app only for first 6 months of owning the card. Not many get to enjoy it.

If only 5% in Dec, means they are retracting the promotion, and they are not being honest.

Don't get it . While I am very much into idea of 10% rebate if that is correct - which part of DBS not being honest with regard to any promo retraction?

The announcement is up to 5% (without clear T&C) and cease of points rewards. The so call promo until Dec 2017 can be assumed to be in effect as part of the new benefit - as permanent fixture instead (but perhaps different crediting method). So it still ended up as 5% rebate.

Anyway - catch all clause is always there :
DBS may vary these Terms and Conditions or suspend or terminate the Promotion without any notice or liability to any party.

So yah - there is no such thing considered dishonest - legally. Unless DBS backtracked past event .

Last edited:

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
judging by the last update date of 6nov17 on the t&c of the online rebate promotion against the newly updated bank card update page to inform about non-issuance of points from 1dec17 onwards, i have a feeling that dbs

1. may cut short this current promotion (which has been extended 3234852349 times), to cease at end of this month prematurely instead of 31 december

or

2. award a higher % cashback or higher monthly capped limit for cashback in lieu of points

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't get it . While I am very much into idea of 10% rebate if that is correct - which part of DBS not being honest with regard to any promo retraction?

The announcement is up to 5% (without clear T&C) and cease of points rewards. The so call promo until Dec 2017 can be assumed to be in effect as part of the new benefit - as permanent fixture instead (but perhaps different crediting method). So it still ended up as 5% rebate.

If 5% is permanent fixture then there is no promo in Dec if there is just 5% in Dec.

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where u looking? https://www.dbs.com.sg/personal/cards/credit-cards/live-fresh-dbs-visa-paywave-platinum-card
Click on the "other terms apply"
I thought that was just about the conditions for the promotion only. Anyway, seems that there are a number of exclusion for the cash back under the promo in point 3.1.1. Does it mean that those reflected in the exclusion will be eligible for the normal cash back rates after the promo is over? Or is it a case of permanently not eligible regardless promo or not?

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I thought that was just about the conditions for the promotion only. Anyway, seems that there are a number of exclusion for the cash back under the promo in point 3.1.1. Does it mean that those reflected in the exclusion will be eligible for the normal cash back rates after the promo is over? Or is it a case of permanently not eligible regardless promo or not?

The TnC for the permanent 5% not out yet. But I can safely assume the same exclusions will still apply.

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i guess it should follow the cashback guidelines of the posb everyday card.

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
Not impressed with DBS. Few days from the implementation date they prata the TNC without informing

vince123123

Reaction score
actually I'm not sure if the validity of clauses allowing a contracting party to change the terms at will has been tested in court. For the camp that says it is valid, imagine this, would a change to say "all your points expire tommorrow" or perhaps "you now need to pay $1000 to redeem" or even "you now need to pay me $1000 per day you own the card" be valid? If not, then where do we draw the line? My own view is that the validity is in qn, but the banks use that just to get negotiating power. Its like those forms that schools use for excursions saying "we are not liable for negligence if your kid gets injured". These clauses are clearly invalid at law (clearcut compared to this bank tnc) but still they continue to do that to use against pple who might not be so well acquainted.. Btw I'm just speaking generally, not pointing at anyone.

bitwise

Reaction score
i only got 15.77$ cashback but the minimum required is 700$ so minimum cashback should be 35$ right?

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i only got 15.77$ cashback but the minimum required is 700$ so minimum cashback should be 35$ right?

Not really. Cashback only for contactless/online transaction, you can clock other non-online non-contactless spend to meet the $700 but dun earn cashback.

bitwise

Reaction score
Not really. Cashback only for contactless/online transaction, you can clock other non-online non-contactless spend to meet the $700 but dun earn cashback.

oh ok, i always thought what's only qualified for the minimum amount is paywave/online transactions

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.