Want to buy Amazon Fire during Black Friday

freezerz

Reaction score
Received mine yesterday! Charged up and installed Google services. Gmail keep crashing due to the + sign in my emails (from Googling). Installed all my usual apps all working very well, and played a few rounds of Asphalt 8.

Overall very satisfied for US$99.

Only complain is the launcher cannot change. The default launcher very dangerous as anyone can easily make purchase in default setting. Need to setup Parental Control or just sign-out of Amazon account, to be safe.

Oh, and the OS is updated to 5.6.0.0, but not sure what's changed.

l4m3j0k3r

Reaction score
Hi, just to check. Can use normal local charger for this Fire HD tablet? Thank you.

starry_starry_night

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

kokitty

Reaction score
Bro i think our normal samsung charger also can charge liao...because the input is 100-240.

I started a thread on this..maybe you want follow and see if any current users can tell us more

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/amazon-fire-hd-8-power-specs-5735705.html#post111608008

Okay, i made an impluse buy of a FIRE HD8 during Black Fri, received it today.

1) Yapz, any normal usb charger can charge the tablet. No fast charging capability though

2) Very easy to install google play. I did it via adb setup method. Took me less than 5mins. Goggle play, youtube etc...all working fine.

starry_starry_night

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Okay, i made an impluse buy of a FIRE HD8 during Black Fri, received it today.

1) Yapz, any normal usb charger can charge the tablet. No fast charging capability though

2) Very easy to install google play. I did it via adb setup method. Took me less than 5mins. Goggle play, youtube etc...all working fine.

Maybe you can post how you do it via adb method for all to know? Thanks in advance :)

jordanamk

Reaction score
just got mine yesterday thru ezbuy during black Friday sales.. sideload Google play.. so far so good.. don't expect much, if u r using for youtube, watching drama/movies is fine.. tried running brave Frontier on it, work ok too.

starry_starry_night

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought 32gb with special offers which is cheaper as the special offers mean you must endure the amazon ads on your screen. But i think amazon gave me the wrong one, gave me a set without special offers one :s13::s13:

George Soros

Master Member
Reaction score
just got mine yesterday thru ezbuy during black Friday sales.. sideload Google play.. so far so good.. don't expect much, if u r using for youtube, watching drama/movies is fine.. tried running brave Frontier on it, work ok too.
Google going to block YouTube on fire HD tablet next year ler

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.