Vietnam

staedtler_07

Master Member
Reaction score
Thinking of going to Hanoi during CNY, then travel down to HCMC. Wonder if there's anything to do during that time? What is the cheapest and fastest transport from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh?

kitkat2

Reaction score
Thinking of going to Hanoi during CNY, then travel down to HCMC. Wonder if there's anything to do during that time? What is the cheapest and fastest transport from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh?

you want to travel with millions of vietnamese who will be busy going home for festivities and then returning to work? :)

sendtolee

Reaction score

Haha...have fun looking at closed shops and eateries...

creative11112004

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hihi all, just to check with you guys. is it safe to travel alone to hcm? As I never went to vietnam so wanted to seek some advice.

grapewall

Reaction score
hihi all, just to check with you guys. is it safe to travel alone to hcm? As I never went to vietnam so wanted to seek some advice.

No, but still need to be careful. Don't be flashy, and be careful with your phone. Avoid conflicts and treat locals with respect.

grapewall

Reaction score
then what about travelling around between places, is it convenient?

Domestic flights are infamous for delays. Usually people take long distance buses to travel between provinces. If you're talking about travelling within hcm itself, taxis, grab and uber are quite popular. Avoid other taxis except Vinasun as the rest are known to rig the meters. Nowadays Grab cars are very popular. For me, i take Grab bikes for short distance travel, if i do not have my bike with me. Yes, you can rent a motor bike easily in district 1 for 120k and ride around. They will need to keep your passport though.

Delsamor

Banned
Reaction score

Traveling alone too and thinking if I should bring my camera. Maybe I will cut a hole on my day pack and take picture with the camera inside. Most of the pictures and videos about hcm is taken by media company, seldom see tourist post their pictures and videos on the streets. Think most of them lost the camera or just didn’t bring it.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.