Apple Watch 3 LTE

Naoyuki

Reaction score
Am using Japan LTE series 3 in Singapore without the LTE function.

Salesman told me that it will not work in Singapore unless the LTE band ends up being the same as listed on the website.

So it's a matter of luck

bluebell_09

Reaction score
I bot mine from japan and there is a call button. I tried and it works, using the watch to call and speak over speaker jus like headset. is that a norm?

Eidekos

Reaction score
I bot mine from japan and there is a call button. I tried and it works, using the watch to call and speak over speaker jus like headset. is that a norm?

the red button looks unique on lte version. but will wait probably. not sure if it'll work with SG bands or telcos once implemented here.

mackie8

Reaction score
I think red button is the LTE indicator...
What i want in the lte model is.the ceramic back... I heard in u youtube that gps model have plastic composite back... And additional storage in the lte model is good also....

Sent from Google PIXEL XL using GAGT

sqgator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

R u sure you are not calling through your bluetooth linked with iPhone?

mackie8

Reaction score

i also bought via airfov... japan LTE set also..
i dont like the GPS model here... all composite back..
LTE model has ceramic back and 16gb storage... hopefully its same band here when launch.....

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LTE model has ceramic back and 16gb storage... hopefully its same band here when launch.....
did u manage to get it to work over LTE?

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.apple.com/jp/shop/buy-watch/apple-watch

u can cal based on ur currency exchange + 8% tax rebate.

Japan Apple price is excluding Tax, just convert directly will do.

Ceramic models $1.6k++ to $1.7k++......:eek:

So far Hong Kong, Japan and Australia works with SG telecom bands?

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can anyone reply on this?

Cos officially they can't work. Worry also that Starhub e-Sim seemingly does not support.
http://www.starhub.com/personal/support/mobile/mobile-services/esim.html

I read online, some say can because of same band of LTE for Japan, Hong Kong & Australia.

But there's also ppl saying Apple said only for that particular launch country...

Wondering that the Japan set bought from Airfov by mackie8 is it compatible and able to sign up esim with local telecom.

I'm thinking to get the normal series 3 + cellular end of the month when my friend goes Japan....:)

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I read online, some say can because of same band of LTE for Japan, Hong Kong & Australia.

But there's also ppl saying Apple said only for that particular launch country...

Wondering that the Japan set bought from Airfov by mackie8 is it compatible and able to sign up esim with local telecom.

I'm thinking to get the normal series 3 + cellular end of the month when my friend goes Japan....:)
mackie8 ain't clear whether it worked over LTE...

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
very confusing.....

S3 = Series 3, with esim is LTE version right.
Cos non LTE got no esim and doesn't need Telecom.
There’s this Samsung gear S3 lte. I thought that’s what he’s referring to.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.