Apple Watch 3 LTE

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will get my watch later...
I will update u..
Im using singtel and yes they support esim

I think you are conflicting the 2?

Yes Singtel support esim. But there are reports suggesting that Apple Watch Series 3 LTE would only would in the country they are purchased in. So whether that’s true or not.

forests_gump

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think you are conflicting the 2?

Yes Singtel support esim. But there are reports suggesting that Apple Watch Series 3 LTE would only would in the country they are purchased in. So whether that’s true or not.

The bottom line: currently generation of Smart Watch with LTE (read Apple Watch 3 LTE and various Android LTE smart watches) squeezed to cover some LTE bands but not full-LTE bands due to size/power constraint

So different country, manufacturer makes an attempt to consider difference Network operators specific LTE bands, then tune the LTE band recipe by pick-mix the bands for that country.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The bottom line: currently generation of Smart Watch with LTE (read Apple Watch 3 LTE and various Android LTE smart watches) squeezed to cover some LTE bands but not full-LTE bands due to size/power constraint

So different country, manufacturer makes an attempt to consider difference Network operators specific LTE bands, then tune the LTE band recipe by pick-mix the bands for that country.

Uhuh ok. That’s theoretical.

So the question now is can it work in SG?

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.singtel.com/personal/i/phones-plans/mobile/esim

I’m not sure whether pairing is it the same as Samsung S3 and will Singtel profile configuration suitable for Apple Watch LTE.

Signup tied with 12mths contract....otherwise can just get and try.

Singtel did mentioned currently only S3 compatible in SG.
Even if it works with Apple Watch LTE, dun think Singtel will announce officially cos Apple SG not supporting troubleshoot.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.singtel.com/personal/i/phones-plans/mobile/esim

I’m not sure whether pairing is it the same as Samsung S3 and will Singtel profile configuration suitable for Apple Watch LTE.

Signup tied with 12mths contract....otherwise can just get and try.

Singtel did mentioned currently only S3 compatible in SG.
Even if it works with Apple Watch LTE, dun think Singtel will announce officially cos Apple SG not supporting troubleshoot.

That’s not true. Apple doesn’t use the same eSIM technology as Gear s3 as far as I know. For aw3 LTE, both watch and phone have the same phone number whereas for gear s3 lte, the watch and phone have different numbers. Although in countries such as Korea, both watch and phone can have the same number but different Sim profile.

Ultimately it’s dependent on local telco to implement this set of different technology and how the pricing should be. You can get aw3 lte but you won’t be able to log on to local network at all because of th Sim profile mitigation issue.

Apple mentioned that aw3 can only work in the country you purchase because firstly, local telco dependent and that aw3 cannot support roaming. Same logic as to why there’s no interface for u to set up wifi on aw3 when it merely pulls info from your phone.

Those buying aw3 lte and hope it works on singtel or m1, the chances are very very very slim unless you’re in their beta programme, if any is ongoing..

mackie8

Reaction score
High chance it doest work now..
If telco not supported yet..
But since all watches are unlocked if band is same with japan... when telco release it os should work...

I dont plan to use LTE for now also...
I just dont want to settle with local gps model with composite back and 8gb storage...

I prefer to have LTE model with ceramic back and 16gb storage and a sport loop band...

😂😂😂😂😂

good luck man. i'm pretty darn sure it wouldn't work with singtel. :D

mackie8

Reaction score
Am using Japan LTE series 3 in Singapore without the LTE function.

Salesman told me that it will not work in Singapore unless the LTE band ends up being the same as listed on the website.

So it's a matter of luck

we have another member with japan LTE model also...
i think should function as normal GPS model now...

apple pay should not be a problem?

PetPet

Reaction score
Sounds like you know it will come soon.. got insider news??

:D

nope no insider info, my guess is that Apple would announce it alongside the iMac Pros. The stocks for these watches have stabilised anyway.

I'm playing chance by getting a Japanese AW SS because my SS 0 is about to give up on me anytime now :s13:
I highly doubt these watches are region-locked.

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
High chance it doest work now..
If telco not supported yet..
But since all watches are unlocked if band is same with japan... when telco release it os should work...

I dont plan to use LTE for now also...
I just dont want to settle with local gps model with composite back and 8gb storage...

I prefer to have LTE model with ceramic back and 16gb storage and a sport loop band...

😂😂😂😂😂

U diff... cos u rich hahaha.
Btw how much u pay for ur watch?
$2k?

mackie8

Reaction score
U diff... cos u rich hahaha.
Btw how much u pay for ur watch?
$2k?

paid $700 for the nike 42mm LTE with sport loop.

i was thinking of the SS model... but it will cost around 1k

i considered GPS model... but it cost .. $550 + $75 sport loop band = $625

so i just took the LTE model at $700 ...

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
paid $700 for the nike 42mm LTE with sport loop.

i was thinking of the SS model... but it will cost around 1k

i considered GPS model... but it cost .. $550 + $75 sport loop band = $625

so i just took the LTE model at $700 ...

Oh... I mistaken as u took the ceramic model.
Ceramic very nice and scratch resistance right?
But the price....

I’m considerating getting a Black LTE 42mm from Japan even if it the chances is slim because
SG AW3 $548,
Apple care $88.
Maximum discount is shopback 3% rebate or Changi Airport less 7% GST.

Based on ¥1,000 = $12.00SGD rate
Japan LTE ¥45,800 (Approx $549.60)
Apple care at ¥4,800 (Approx $54.60

mackie8

Reaction score
If u will get it on your own or thru a friend its cheaper...

I bought from airfov so total cost is $700

Oh... I mistaken as u took the ceramic model.
Ceramic very nice and scratch resistance right?
But the price....

I’m considerating getting a Black LTE 42mm from Japan even if it the chances is slim because
SG AW3 $548,
Apple care $88.
Maximum discount is shopback 3% rebate or Changi Airport less 7% GST.

Based on ¥1,000 = $12.00SGD rate
Japan LTE ¥45,800 (Approx $549.60)
Apple care at ¥4,800 (Approx $54.60

mackie8

Reaction score
Here is the answer for LTE support haha

82FghKf.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.