Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X

pigpigoink

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Agree.

The recent custom ROMs and also MIUI really allow the Note 4x to shine. It's a good trade off between battery and computing power.

The 4000mAh battery can last for ages and it's even more powerful than the newer A1 with 3080mAh.

Dimensions and weight is also excellent.

The only fault is probably the inferior camera compared to the A1 but a camera doesn't really matter to me (the price does).

For those who doesn't mind camera quality, the Note 4x (Snapdragon) is still a very good phone.

same thinking, for this price, the battery life + efficiency of the performance(heat, lag) :s12::s12::s12:

Ultimo_Urien

Banned
Reaction score
Agree.

The recent custom ROMs and also MIUI really allow the Note 4x to shine. It's a good trade off between battery and computing power.

The 4000mAh battery can last for ages and it's even more powerful than the newer A1 with 3080mAh.

Dimensions and weight is also excellent.

The only fault is probably the inferior camera compared to the A1 but a camera doesn't really matter to me (the price does).

For those who doesn't mind camera quality, the Note 4x (Snapdragon) is still a very good phone.

Camera good enough for basic point shoot guy like me lol.

Currently the only phone that can last me from morning 7am till midnight while video/gaming/net etc and still have juice leftover for supper.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Btw is there anyway for us to remove the yellow tint that seems to be imposed onto the photos?

The photos are basically ok, as long as the yellow tint is removed the photos will be fine. :o

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Btw is there anyway for us to remove the yellow tint that seems to be imposed onto the photos?

The photos are basically ok, as long as the yellow tint is removed the photos will be fine. :o

I heard that google camera helps. You tried using other camera app?

I just unlocked my 3rd Note 4x couple of days back after a 30 days wait :s22:

hello85

Master Member
Reaction score
Any links to download the fastboot MIUI 8 for note 4x? Seems like the links at xiaomi already updated to MIUI 9...

Planning to downgrade as my apps crash quite often on MIUI 9

GenocidalX

Banned
Reaction score
Recently my dumb arse 2015 Samsung A7 just died all of sudden while I was shopping in town, Lppl went to fareast plaza chinchai buy one unit local warranty note 4 at 200+, at first thought just use temporary till my next payday come then hoot back the newer A7 but after using for two weeks found that I stuck using this phone sia.

To be blunt the built and sleek design of this model totally took me by surprise, infact I find it much more solid and speedier than the more expensive A7 I was about to purchase end of this month.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not surprising bro.

Where can you find a phone with this spec at this price range? Some 2nd hand or refurbished phones already cost around the price of a new 4x (export version).

Huawei Y7 ! In fact is cheaper if you compare price of warranty set to warranty set. Same 4000mA battery.

sft1393h

Reaction score
Recently my dumb arse 2015 Samsung A7 just died all of sudden while I was shopping in town, Lppl went to fareast plaza chinchai buy one unit local warranty note 4 at 200+, at first thought just use temporary till my next payday come then hoot back the newer A7 but after using for two weeks found that I stuck using this phone sia.

To be blunt the built and sleek design of this model totally took me by surprise, infact I find it much more solid and speedier than the more expensive A7 I was about to purchase end of this month.

My Samsung A9 pro also failed me. Although its a dual-sim phone, samsung interface not really stable for dual-apps function esp whatsapps.
After I used XM Note 4, wow. Dual whatsapps, facebook all worked perfectly! Really impressive in terms of price, battery life and speed.

Ultimo_Urien

Banned
Reaction score
My Samsung A9 pro also failed me. Although its a dual-sim phone, samsung interface not really stable for dual-apps function esp whatsapps.
After I used XM Note 4, wow. Dual whatsapps, facebook all worked perfectly! Really impressive in terms of price, battery life and speed.

Sorry to cut in but I was thinking of getting A9 pro over Mimax 2 as my media phablet but ended up picking xiaomi because the cost+extra 32gb storage seems better

sgman88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I just checked, it's $169 before any discount. Lowest I bought was $149 before discount and $131.12 after 12% off.

For those wanting to buy the 4x (3GB/32GB), wait for 12.12 to see if it drops to $149 or lower.

They are not warranty by xiaomi service centre, so r these phone real or fake?

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I would not be too worry about it when the price different is around $100 between them. Some parallel import set do cover with some short warranty with seller.

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Genuine sets, cheaper cos it's export set with less warranty.

I would not be too worry about it when the price different is around $100 between them. Some parallel import set do cover with some short warranty with seller.

Max I seen is 6 months for export set but higher price tag of course.

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Samsung stock ROM comes with TONS of bloatware. Not that MIUI doesn't but stock MIUI is actually pretty well written for the hardware.

I have been using Samsung for the longest time, starting from Note 1. Other than the s-pen, the Xiaomi phones are really value for money (I can literally buy a phone each for my in-laws and parents without feeling a pinch :s13:)

DemonReaver

Master Member
Reaction score
Got a local set xiaomi note 4 after selling off my old Samsung note 4 since June and never looked back, surprisingly the battery and performance outstrips other phones that cost even more.

Xethos

Reaction score
I got the phone, and upgraded to MI UI 9.

MI UI 9 removed some of the functions of MI UI 8 it seems.
No more triple pinch to sort the screens? Also, you cannot add additional screens on the left of the home screen.

And moving apps is more troublesome as well.

New function like split screen to use 2 apps on top and bottom screen is cool but doubt I will have much use for it.

sgman88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For redmi note 4x, which website/company can recommend? Qoo10sg, Lazada or shopee?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.