Not open for further replies.

produde1999

Master Member
Reaction score
More photos

61UELZjl.jpg

ZMtHHyol.jpg

This is my temporary setup.
I intend to use the speakers for tv later.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 3 using GAGT

icecapt

Reaction score
I buy preassembled one. Not the amazon one but taobao.

That's why u see better build quality.

The diy3.1 is a midfield monitor so it needs set at least 1.5m apart.

I'm not really good reviewing stuff and don't own any other speakers. But as far as i can tell, it's definitely better than my m200mkiii especially the lows.

Edit: And I need a better room and place adjustment.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 3 using GAGT

I listen to music nearfield 99% of the time, so I guess these speakers are not for me.

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
What i brought is the QRT V2 which is the line harmonizer plug this thing to your power conditioner or normal socket bar it will generate a frequency pulse of 50-60hz and drop in noise floor....1 x plug in to your system only work minimal so 2 or more is greater you get better result I only use it on my separate on my system so one plug in directly from main outlet so it flow through my power conditoner and another one on the power amp socket outlet as on the pic...i at first thought it was just a gimmick but it does makes a difference on my system i even ask my friend to come over to hear he also could hear it....the result is a much wider soundstage and the depth of the vocal and small detail is more pronounce than before....so i wonder if i added another 2 what will be the result.....the blue light on the V2 indicate that it is working it's magic......

NfU2lBv.jpg
how much is one? you bought it from the KEF Showroom @Adelphi?

I'm using a Tacima power strip. Been thinking of changing it. haha

Sent from Huawei NEXUS 6P using GAGT

Amon86

Reaction score
how much is one? you bought it from the KEF Showroom @Adelphi?

I'm using a Tacima power strip. Been thinking of changing it. haha

Sent from Huawei NEXUS 6P using GAGT

Hi yes wilflare i brought from KEF local showroom one is about $550.00 each plus a uk adapter as it is US plug but recently heard the price already increase so i not sure the price now so 2 of them will get u around $1100 or more....as u are using kef ls50 wireless i think you should invest on power conditioner or power plug than those as those might benefit you more.......

JasK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sell your katana and get Aego 3?
The satellite are small so won't take up much space and they can be wall mounted.
Sub wise can just put under table or at over side.

Do you know where can I get the best price for Aego 3?

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi yes wilflare i brought from KEF local showroom one is about $550.00 each plus a uk adapter as it is US plug but recently heard the price already increase so i not sure the price now so 2 of them will get u around $1100 or more....as u are using kef ls50 wireless i think you should invest on power conditioner or power plug than those as those might benefit you more.......

yea I'm using the KEF LS50 Wireless.
together with a Tacimo Power Strip/Conditioner

JasK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Currently only Audio basic carries them at SRP$450.
I doubt there are other places to get the Aego 3.

Unless I use Amazon second seller and use shipper
Where's Audio basic located if I may ask.
Is $450 worth the set

I read from Amazon users review and a few reported humming and noise from the Sats
But that could be electronic interference or unclean electric filter etc.. Other causes

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is $450 worth the set

I read from Amazon users review and a few reported humming and noise from the Sats
But that could be electronic interference or unclean electric filter etc.. Other causes

Take note of the voltage as if you buy from Amazon US is 120V
but if UK should be correct as UK voltage is 230v.

$450 with one year local warranty at Audio basic #03-04.
While Amazon doesn't have warranty.

Humming noise I have not encountered during my demo session at Audio basic.
It can be many factors:
- Power extension faulty/unreliable
- Cable use like 3.5mm/optical (poor quality cable and etc.)

Last edited:

Amon86

Reaction score
yea I'm using the KEF LS50 Wireless.
together with a Tacimo Power Strip/Conditioner

I previously also using Tacima power strip on my previous kef X300AW it doesn't really make much of a difference till i change to Isotek Polaris those bring them to life......my the other setup used supra md06 power conditioner which is better than the tacima at $400.00 those you could consider...but i also changed to isotek later on......

Last edited:

Amon86

Reaction score
Is $450 worth the set

How about a pair of Kanto Yu2? heard is quite good in some reviews

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How about a pair of Kanto Yu2? heard is quite good in some reviews

Yea... but a whole bunch of reviews with only praises tell me less about a product than a single comment that these speakers have been said to have a cheap sound.

Well it is lower-priced than A2+ so... I still consider it as a valid choice. But only if you find it at sale prices of ~US$160. Any higher might as well get A2+, but if getting A2+ might as well get iLoud.

Without any proper review available, anyone buying is diving into uncharted waters.

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I previously also using Tacima power strip on my previous kef X300AW it doesn't really make much of a difference till i change to Isotek Polaris those bring them to life......my the other setup used supra md06 power conditioner which is better than the tacima at $400.00 those you could consider...but i also changed to isotek later on......

Wow, I didn't know the Isotek to be that good. How exactly does it change the sound?

Amon86

Reaction score
Wow, I didn't know the Isotek to be that good. How exactly does it change the sound?

For your info i am using all separate in all my system so alot of things like av receiver,power amp,media player and etc will share the same strip coming out of the main so the more cleaner the power it will benefit in my situation so i can't say u will get the same result as me if you getting it for an active speaker or a soundbar....the result i get is a more transparent sounding... imaging separtation is more noticeable and better bass response....is like before there is this curtain covering the sound before then once you put in isotek the curtain disappear...if you have a visual like tv on the power conditioner as well you also get a slightly better image quality....it also prolong your life for your equipment as well if you spent tons of money on building your own system....

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

was thinking of getting the Weiduka 8.8 or something hmm
and also the Isotek power cables... but I'm just wondering if I'm going crazy and if they will actually make a difference.

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Almost same price if you order direct from Schiit.

If you got Lazada offers, this will be better than ordering from Schiit! :s12:

was thinking of getting the Weiduka 8.8 or something hmm
and also the Isotek power cables... but I'm just wondering if I'm going crazy and if they will actually make a difference.

If your house power too old then maybe can try. When it comes to power, it can be a hit or miss thing. For starters, do you notice any power issues? (e.g. unexplained blackouts, brownouts, hum, noise)

For your info i am using all separate in all my system so alot of things like av receiver,power amp,media player and etc will share the same strip coming out of the main so the more cleaner the power it will benefit in my situation so i can't say u will get the same result as me if you getting it for an active speaker or a soundbar....the result i get is a more transparent sounding... imaging separtation is more noticeable and better bass response....is like before there is this curtain covering the sound before then once you put in isotek the curtain disappear...if you have a visual like tv on the power conditioner as well you also get a slightly better image quality....it also prolong your life for your equipment as well if you spent tons of money on building your own system....

Thanks, I was wondering why it costs so much. Sounds like this is overpriced (and overpowered) for PC audio setup like mine :o

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

If your house power too old then maybe can try. When it comes to power, it can be a hit or miss thing. For starters, do you notice any power issues? (e.g. unexplained blackouts, brownouts, hum, noise)

Thanks, I was wondering why it costs so much. Sounds like this is overpriced (and overpowered) for PC audio setup like mine :o

hmm. nah no blackouts/brownouts/etc

but when the fishtank turns off (we have a timer switch), sometimes will hear clicks/jumps on the old TV.

Lazada option is worth it if you cherish the local warranty with SLT + LiveUp 5% rebate

BarbieDog

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

get from their website still need shipping leh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.